Mexican?

We like Chevy's Fresh Mexican at the Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista (down the road from Disney Springs - you may want to drive instead of walk). it's not great, but not too bad. Otherwise, if you are looking for Tex-Mex, you won't find any at WDW. Some people say Pecos Bill's at the MK, but that is really, really bad now. If you want table service that is not Tex-Mex, you might check out Maya Grill for dinner at Coronado Springs Resort. It's not too bad.

My former CM son though Frontera was horrid.
We too love Chevy's. Always had good food there and great drinks.

A lot of the issues are folks walk in to the Mexican restaurants at Epcot looking for the strip mall Mexican. That ain't what they find. So they hate it.
It's good for what they serve, in my opinion. We've had great meals at both. But you must check the menu. If you don't like the choices then the best prepared food in the world will disappoint you.

Wow. Chili's?

I'm just going to assume this restaurant is light years different than Rick Bayless's restaurants here in Chicago. He is a master of Mexican cuisine and his restaurants are award winning.

Has anyone on here eaten at his places in Chicago and Orlando? Just wondering the difference.

Now I want to try out the Disney Springs place and see for myself!
So I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I just didn't think it was particularly great. I haven't been to the one in Chicago. I checked the Yelp reviews (there are 789 of them) and the average is 4 stars, so most people seem pretty satisfied.

So I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I just didn't think it was particularly great. I haven't been to the one in Chicago. I checked the Yelp reviews (there are 789 of them) and the average is 4 stars, so most people seem pretty satisfied.

Not offended, just surprised.

I seem to be the odd man out here, but we ate at La Hacienda our past trip and loved our food!
We've been to La Hacienda once and I thought the atmosphere was good and my food ok but a bit disappointing. My daughter LOVED her food (a red snapper dish that I don't think they serve any more). The appetizers were good.

I seem to be the odd man out here, but we ate at La Hacienda our past trip and loved our food!
We liked all our meals at both the San Angel restaurants. A lot. Enough to have gone multiple times to each. But I do think a lot of the negativity comes from the menu being very unfamiliar to the majority of Americans. It's not at all what one thinks of when one goes to Mexican. I'm sure some cities have this traditional Mexican but it's sure not in most cities.

I really enjoyed Frontera Cocina. The enchiladas were so good! My only complaint was that their tortilla chips tasted a bit stale.

I’ve been to Disney many times and never eaten Mexican. My friend and I are going for a girl’s trip and we both love Mexican but I’ve never read many good review. Can you all help me pick a Mexican restaurant? Or do we just forget it lol?
really think you should consider la hacienda, i went there a couple of years ago (2016 i think) and it was so good, the chips and salsa were great and i had a taco dish and that was great. also the view- amazing. also a nice break from the parks.

San Angel Inn at EPCOT always a great Mexican meal and great atmosphere!
I liked the inside of San Angel, though the tables were a bit cramped and it was dark. Food was pretty good, though the salsa was about the worst I've ever had.

That corn soup at La Hacienda is absolutely delicious. The rest of the food was good, too, and we loved being able to get a view of Illuminations from the dining room. We are going back this trip, mostly so I can have that soup.

We had very low expectations for San Angel on our last trip, and were pleasantly surprised with the food there, too.

That corn soup at La Hacienda is absolutely delicious. The rest of the food was good, too, and we loved being able to get a view of Illuminations from the dining room. We are going back this trip, mostly so I can have that soup.

We had very low expectations for San Angel on our last trip, and were pleasantly surprised with the food there, too.
When I first saw your response, I thought it said Unicorn Soup.

I think this thread sums up most of what I’ve heard about Disney food planning this trip...some people hate it, but they seem to be surprised about what they were getting. I’m really looking forward to everything, but we’re generally happy people. I bet OP will love the Mexican food if she looks at the menu before hand to be sure shes not surprised by it not being ‘strip mall’ Mexican.

I’m another who really likes the Mexican restaurants in Epcot. I usually order one of the seafood dishes though and that is not something that I trust to order at the authentic hole in the wall Mexican places near me in Brooklyn. It’s definitely not the burrito/taco/quesadilla variety of Mexican food.

San Angel Inn! I honestly feel like it's one of the most overlooked restaurants at Disney. I thought it was delicious, and I live in TX, with loads of great mexican food. It's now a must when we go! SO GOOD and the atmosphere is amazing!

Here is my suggestion.... Try Frontera Cocina for yourself. Everyone's experience is different based on what they are used to. We have had a few negative experiences over the years at a Disney restaurant but typically will give it a second shot before we cross it off the list. Luckily this was not the case with Frontera. We have eaten there 10 times or so during our visits and have had excellent service and food each time. The post relating it to "Chili's" type mexican food, IMO, couldnt be farther from what our experience was. We are from Chicago and eat many authentic Mexican meals and while I wouldnt call it ethnic Mexican, I would call it very good Mexican food. Nice selection of Tequila also (not as good as La Cava) if you are in to that as well.

My adult son and I had dinner at San Angel Inn on 11/17 and enjoyed our dinners very much. The atmosphere is great and our food was quite tasty. Our Margaritas were good, too. I would go back.

I've never been impressed with what Disney calls "Mexican food". I would rather eat Taco Bell....which I don't eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter