Mexican?

3sweetpeas

Mouseketeer
I’ve been to Disney many times and never eaten Mexican. My friend and I are going for a girl’s trip and we both love Mexican but I’ve never read many good review. Can you all help me pick a Mexican restaurant? Or do we just forget it lol?

If you love Mexican I'd stick to eating it at home and not Disney. We've had some decentish meals at San Angel but nothing that I couldn't get at home. We tried Frontera on our last trip and were very disappointed. We had high hopes for some great authentic mexican but it was definitely touristified. There are so many other wonderful options in the world I'd stick to every other cuisine :D

Thanks Kari, It’s funny, I just finished reading your current dining report, I enjoyed it!

That's Frontera Cocina. I think it gets about the best reviews, the locations in Epcot don't really, might also check out Coronado Springs but I'm not sure the new Toledo is "Mexican" and most the other locations get mixed reviews as far as the Maya Grill.
This has always been the feeling I’ve gotten! I was hoping I was wrong lol!

I thought Frontera was VERY good. I still haven't worked up the courage to try San Angel. The San Angel QS Cantina is pretty good though if you are in the area.

I’ve been to Disney many times and never eaten Mexican. My friend and I are going for a girl’s trip and we both love Mexican but I’ve never read many good review. Can you all help me pick a Mexican restaurant? Or do we just forget it lol?
Celebrity Chef Rick Bayless opened Frontera Cocina a few years ago in Disney Springs.

This is top-notch Mexican food.

Enjoy!!

Frontera appears to be inconsistent from what I’ve been seeing from ppls comments and reviews. Either they’re on their game and it’s amazing, or it’s mediocre at best. Essentially it seems to be a roll of the dice, and you don’t know what you’re going to get. I was actually looking at this restaurant myself, for our upcoming trip, and decided against it based on inconsistency.

We like Chevy's Fresh Mexican at the Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista (down the road from Disney Springs - you may want to drive instead of walk). it's not great, but not too bad. Otherwise, if you are looking for Tex-Mex, you won't find any at WDW. Some people say Pecos Bill's at the MK, but that is really, really bad now. If you want table service that is not Tex-Mex, you might check out Maya Grill for dinner at Coronado Springs Resort. It's not too bad.

My former CM son though Frontera was horrid.

Frontera is probably the best Mexican at Disney World but isn't particularly good. Sort of similar to Mexican you'd get at Chili's or whatever national chain is in your area. You can probably get better Mexican at a thousand different places west of the Mississippi. La Hacienda was about the same quality but a better atmosphere and view.

We tried Frontera for the first time this summer and really enjoyed it! 5 of us got different things and we were all pleased. We will be going back next year!

Frontera is probably the best Mexican at Disney World but isn't particularly good. Sort of similar to Mexican you'd get at Chili's or whatever national chain is in your area. You can probably get better Mexican at a thousand different places west of the Mississippi. La Hacienda was about the same quality but a better atmosphere and view.

Wow. Chili's?

I'm just going to assume this restaurant is light years different than Rick Bayless's restaurants here in Chicago. He is a master of Mexican cuisine and his restaurants are award winning.

Has anyone on here eaten at his places in Chicago and Orlando? Just wondering the difference.

Now I want to try out the Disney Springs place and see for myself!

Frontera appears to be inconsistent from what I’ve been seeing from ppls comments and reviews. Either they’re on their game and it’s amazing, or it’s mediocre at best. Essentially it seems to be a roll of the dice, and you don’t know what you’re going to get. I was actually looking at this restaurant myself, for our upcoming trip, and decided against it based on inconsistency.

Yeah my friend said it was a disaster when she went and told me to not even bother going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter