Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

Miami Dade may issue evacuation order in the morning for zones A and B and special needs tomorrow morning. They suggested vacationing families to leave prior to friday when the tropical winds arrive.

I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with disney last night pushing our September 12th arrival to September 16th. After just going through Harvey here in Texas, I want NOTHING to do with Irma. Unfortunately my DD is in the DCP at WDW until January, so now I get to sit back and anxiously track this storm over the next week. Ugh.

1) Irma is coming, and she is heading right toward us - or so they say.
2) WDW is already sending out notices to campground guests.
3) WDW is also asking for "Ride Out" team members. *

* WDW has already asked for CM Volunteers to "Ride Out" the hurricane. They are literally locked into an area (such as a resort). They try to comfort guests, make games for the kids, and keep guests as safe as possible. Lost of single CMs do this for the extra overtime money WDW pays them. I am sorry, but if a hurricane strikes, I want to be at home with the wife.

Well Irma is now a Cat 5. I think anywhere she decides to go, if anywhere in Fl, we will have some sort of impact here in Central FL.

models_storm1.jpg

Just read on FOX News that there is now a MANDATORY evac. order for the Keys This after seeing their Janice Dean on Fox and Friends this morning show European Model which has most of Florida in cone for weekend All be prepared and stay say Irma is no lady I remember the Movie about her and she was a Ho

* WDW has already asked for CM Volunteers to "Ride Out" the hurricane. They are literally locked into an area (such as a resort). They try to comfort guests, make games for the kids, and keep guests as safe as possible. Lost of single CMs do this for the extra overtime money WDW pays them. I am sorry, but if a hurricane strikes, I want to be at home with the wife.

I understand this, my husband works at our local hospital and he will have to work through it. He can bring his family, but we have fur babies at home, so my son and I will most likely ride it out at home. We stayed home through the 04 storms, so at least this time I know a little more of what to expect, before, during and after.

Well Irma is now a Cat 5. I think anywhere she decides to go, we will have some sort of impact here in Central FL.
That's my thought since these models started to agree on a "Florida" hit. Only one of the current models shows it going somewhere other than right up Florida. It doesn't matter if it skirts the east or west coast or comes right up the middle, central Florida is going to be impacted.

No offense to those with trips this week or next, I just hope it is gone by the 15th and hasn't caused too much damage along the way.

j

We have our travel trailer in our driveway, just hoping it stays there :scared:. Going to fill all the tanks and weigh it down as much as possible and hope for the best.

Going to be an interesting next few days. We are leaving from Houston (yes, Hurricane Harvey town) tomorrow, have had reservations at Fort Wilderness (Sep 9-16) for months, then on to a week on Sanibel. We lucked out in Houston with no water in our house, but on the other side of our neighborhood folks had hip high water flooding, being closer to the bayou. Spent several days helping folks over there out, now prepping for our vacation, and Hurricane Irma rears her ugly head. Well, we'll give it a shot, we've got wheels if we need to pack up and head up to Canada for a while! Bringing enough bottled water for our trip duration anyway.

Jim

We're checking into the fort Sunday and havent heard anything yet. Where are they sending notices to? Just the ones that are already there?

Going to be an interesting next few days. We are leaving from Houston (yes, Hurricane Harvey town) tomorrow, have had reservations at Fort Wilderness (Sep 9-16) for months, then on to a week on Sanibel. We lucked out in Houston with no water in our house, but on the other side of our neighborhood folks had hip high water flooding, being closer to the bayou. Spent several days helping folks over there out, now prepping for our vacation, and Hurricane Irma rears her ugly head. Well, we'll give it a shot, we've got wheels if we need to pack up and head up to Canada for a while! Bringing enough bottled water for our trip duration anyway.

Jim

You're having a bad month...

You're not JIM Cantore are you? Just being suspicious. :tiptoe:

You're having a bad month...

You're not JIM Cantore are you? Just being suspicious. :tiptoe:
Nope :) . Looking like the weather.com forecast is for Irma to head north a bit west of Florida now . . . no good idea how that will impact things at Fort Wilderness, but we should be there by then. Guess we can always head northeast towards Georgia if they evacuate us. Oh, no notifications from DIS to us yet, either.

Has anyone had good luck getting your trip changed to another date or cancelled for this weekend? We're set to arrive with our camper on Sunday. I dont think we want to do that. I've asked my travel agent to see if she can cancel for us but she wont even try until they issue a warning for Orlando. I keep seeing so many post for vacationers to stay out of florida, dont take up hotels and gas for people trying to escape. . . and I would be more than happy to stay home but I cant seem to get my trip cancelled!

Latest from the Hurricane Center projection. The link by @tripleb moves a little eastward while this seems to be moving a little more west. I keep hoping Tripleb is posting more accurate information. For everyone's sake in Florida anyway.

234512_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Well Irma is now a Cat 5. I think anywhere she decides to go, if anywhere in Fl, we will have some sort of impact here in Central FL.

View attachment 267397
Whoever has the purple line needs to be beaten. Not only does it come close to home, they have it running over us, then backing up and doing it again.

What a jerk...

I keep hoping Tripleb is posting more accurate information. For everyone's sake in Florida anyway.

I hope so also tiggerdad. It's still to early to tell where Irma is going and the models are just a computer guess. The model that I posted is just one of the models that the NHC uses.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter