Menu changes coming to the Be Our Guest restaurant in the Magic Kingdom

Ever since BoG opened, I have thought that a white bean cassoulet would be a great veg option. But is that a photo of it, with the crostini and multicolored cauliflower? If so, that doesn't look like any cassoulet I've ever seen. I would be pretty disappointed if I expected a cassoulet and got that.

Ever since BoG opened, I have thought that a white bean cassoulet would be a great veg option. But is that a photo of it, with the crostini and multicolored cauliflower? If so, that doesn't look like any cassoulet I've ever seen. I would be pretty disappointed if I expected a cassoulet and got that.

Yes! It looks like a bean salad. There's no "sauciness" to it. Should be creamier or with more of a gravy.

Personally, I'm excited to see the new kids' menu for lunch. I'm an adult with a small appetite, and I like that I can order a smaller portion of what is typically an "adult" food. I'm sick of being offered mostly chicken nuggets, pizza, peanut butter and jelly.

Any idea when the menu changes are going to take place?? We will be there on Sunday and would love to order the chocolate hazelnut crepes for my son.

Using the word cassoulet pretty liberally here.

Hullo!

To me a cassoulet's liquid is more like a stew than soup. Of course there are many different versions of the dish throughout southern France so maybe there's a soupy version I missed.

I'll tell you a joke. When I first married the ex we lived in this country and I wanted to remind him of home so made a cassoulet according to a recipe from Julia Child. Took what seemed like forever to collect all the ingredients pre-internet days but I did pretty well after trolling the streets of 9th Avenue and Yorkville in Manhattan, friends who knew purveyors of French eateries on Restaurant Row and a long distance call to "Tata Claudine" in the 'burbs of Compiegne. Then I took another week out of my life to assemble the dish. After much pushing of successive bread crumb crusts into the baked dish, I was finally ready in time for his birthday and set the table in a as close to provincial French manner as I could get. The ex tasted the dish and went into verbal rhapsody. I was sooo proud of self I'd like to blot out the sun. And when he said it was better than his mother's I knew I'd hit the jackpot.

Err but but then he told me his Mom's came from a can...

In defense of my MIL she was from Picardy so the food of southern France was "exotic".

Hullo!

To me a cassoulet's liquid is more like a stew than soup. Of course there are many different versions of the dish throughout southern France so maybe there's a soupy version I missed.

I'll tell you a joke. When I first married the ex we lived in this country and I wanted to remind him of home so made a cassoulet according to a recipe from Julia Child. Took what seemed like forever to collect all the ingredients pre-internet days but I did pretty well after trolling the streets of 9th Avenue and Yorkville in Manhattan, friends who knew purveyors of French eateries on Restaurant Row and a long distance call to "Tata Claudine" in the 'burbs of Compiegne. Then I took another week out of my life to assemble the dish. After much pushing of successive bread crumb crusts into the baked dish, I was finally ready in time for his birthday and set the table in a as close to provincial French manner as I could get. The ex tasted the dish and went into verbal rhapsody. I was sooo proud of self I'd like to blot out the sun. And when he said it was better than his mother's I knew I'd hit the jackpot.

Err but but then he told me his Mom's came from a can...

In defense of my MIL she was from Picardy so the food of southern France was "exotic".
good on you for giving it a whirl! Cassoulet is an intimidating dish, the hours if not days of cooking between the duck and beans and bread crumb crust with the rich ragout. I was intrigued when I saw the menu update. Then I saw the picture :rotfl:

Anyone know when this will be in effect?
I tried preordering for our June 22 day and it hasn’t been updated yet...

I just checked... the new items are appearing on the BOG menu via the app and website. It doesn’t look like the new items have replaced other items. Just new additions! :)

Edit: I have spoken too soon. The menus have changed a bit...

Last edited:
I just checked... the new items are appearing on the BOG menu via the app and website. It doesn’t look like the new items have replaced other items. Just new additions! :)

Thank you for posting this
I will be able to modify my preorder!

What are you noticing is different? I'm not noticing anything (looking at the Disney website), but I'm not super familiar with the menu.

What are you noticing is different? I'm not noticing anything (looking at the Disney website), but I'm not super familiar with the menu.

The new items are on the menu, but it doesn't seem that they have removed anything. I was worried, all of the new additions I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

For lunch, the braised pork is now braised chicken. The vegetable quiche, quinoa salad and potato leek soup (which were all vegetarian options) are all gone. The cannellini bean cassoulet, corn bisque, spring shrimp salad and spring chicken salad are all new.

For lunch, the braised pork is now braised chicken. The vegetable quiche, quinoa salad and potato leek soup (which were all vegetarian options) are all gone. The cannellini bean cassoulet, corn bisque, spring shrimp salad and spring chicken salad are all new.
Thanks. I knew the pork had changed to chicken, but I didn't realize so many of the vegetarian options were removed.

I'm not sure what Disney's game plan is with these changes. At nearly $20 for a sandwich, this will only encourage the cupcake crowds, and I will join them. It is a must do for me because of the theming, and I really liked the braised pork. I'm glad now that I was only able to get an ADR for 110. I think we'll have an early lunch at CHH, and just get an app and cupcakes and some beer at BOG.

We have a lunch ADR there on the 16 th. I was planning on the potato leek soup and the braised pork. Is their turkey sandwich dry? Im debating cancelling.

I'm not sure what Disney's game plan is with these changes. At nearly $20 for a sandwich, this will only encourage the cupcake crowds, and I will join them. It is a must do for me because of the theming, and I really liked the braised pork. I'm glad now that I was only able to get an ADR for 110. I think we'll have an early lunch at CHH, and just get an app and cupcakes and some beer at BOG.

I'm not confident that Disney has been sure of their game plan when it comes to BOG since it has opened, but like you it is a must do every trip for us because of the theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter