• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory Maker worth purchasing or not?

Everyone can be linked via MB's. There is a section on MDE where you can put in friends and family and link them all to MM.

I'm assuming that you link it to everyone after it's purchased. Am I on the right track? When I went to purchase it, it asked me to select who would use it. It says, "When you tell us who will use each item, we will automatically create friends & family for you in My Disney Experience section of the site, to make planning easier." Then there's a drop down menu with my family members and myself. It will only allow me to choose one of us, so I'm confused. Based on what it said, I thought this was the time I needed to select who would be linked to it but it only allows one of us. Do I choose myself and that designates me as the person in charge? Then once I get a code (I'm reading others had a code) and I link my family and self to magic bands?

I tried getting help from their online chat person, but was unable to. It was only 8:50 when I tried but it says their system only worked until 11:00...ok, clearly wasn't 11:00 yet (I'm in Central time zone, so it was only 9:50 Eastern).

Thanks for the help!

No, memory maker is only linked to one person. That's the downloader.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I got a booklet about MM. And it mentioned candid shots and showed a couple in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach.

Generally I'm not following how that type of candid shot could be linked to an account.

How are candids captured? Wouldn't the person have to scan their band or card? I don't get it.

I got a booklet about MM. And it mentioned candid shots and showed a couple in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach.

Generally I'm not following how that type of candid shot could be linked to an account.

How are candids captured? Wouldn't the person have to scan their band or card? I don't get it.

I don't know the answer to this, but I would assume it's the same way Sea World did it last week when I was there. We were doing the dolphin feeding and there were photographers across the water. I forgot about them being there, but as we were finishing up feeding the dolphins, we had 4 come up to us and hand us tickets that they had taken our pictures. I would think it would be something like that where they track you down to scan your band or give you the card.

I got a booklet about MM. And it mentioned candid shots and showed a couple in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach. Generally I'm not following how that type of candid shot could be linked to an account. How are candids captured? Wouldn't the person have to scan their band or card? I don't get it.

I know they had a PP photographer at the Rose Garden at MK during wishes. They have to scan your band or card though. Maybe they take the pic then come over and tell you and scan your band.

I'm assuming that you link it to everyone after it's purchased. Am I on the right track? When I went to purchase it, it asked me to select who would use it. It says, "When you tell us who will use each item, we will automatically create friends & family for you in My Disney Experience section of the site, to make planning easier." Then there's a drop down menu with my family members and myself. It will only allow me to choose one of us, so I'm confused. Based on what it said, I thought this was the time I needed to select who would be linked to it but it only allows one of us. Do I choose myself and that designates me as the person in charge? Then once I get a code (I'm reading others had a code) and I link my family and self to magic bands? I tried getting help from their online chat person, but was unable to. It was only 8:50 when I tried but it says their system only worked until 11:00...ok, clearly wasn't 11:00 yet (I'm in Central time zone, so it was only 9:50 Eastern). Thanks for the help!

There is one boss of the MM. Everyone else is linked and can scan their bands for photos but only one person has access and can download online.

There is one boss of the MM. Everyone else is linked and can scan their bands for photos but only one person has access and can download online.

Ok, that makes me feel better about ordering it online. I'm assuming if every other person can scan their bands for photos, such as on rides, that the "boss" of the MM doesn't have to be with the other members while they're scanning. For example, I hate riding SM; the drop makes me sick. My girls and husband love it though, and I'd like for them to be able to scan & get the ride photo. Can they do it without me (I'll be the MM "boss", or do I need to meet them in the gift shop area to do it?

I have a macbook and it worked fine on my computer.. the site got really slow once we kept adding copies but we have 800+ pictures on it now!

Ok, that makes me feel better about ordering it online. I'm assuming if every other person can scan their bands for photos, such as on rides, that the "boss" of the MM doesn't have to be with the other members while they're scanning. For example, I hate riding SM; the drop makes me sick. My girls and husband love it though, and I'd like for them to be able to scan & get the ride photo. Can they do it without me (I'll be the MM "boss", or do I need to meet them in the gift shop area to do it?

Looking for the same answer! I think I have read that as long as you have other member linked to your account, all those linked members can scan/get pictures uploaded to your MM account. But again, it's what I've read...I have not been there yet to say for sure...going in June.

I had the card as we stayed offsite and didn't have MB. I saw families getting PP photos taking turns. For example Epcot character spot. At the first character Mom would scan her MB at the next one the daughter would say " my turn" and scan hers. With ride photos when you're just watching others in line it's not possible to tell what the group dynamic is. But based on this earlier thread people are saying anyone in your party can scan for ride photos

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209652

When we were in the lazy river last year, there were photographers in there taking pictures of us and then they handed us a Photo pass card - I'm guessing now they would just scan your band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter