Member Services Capacity

yitbos96bb

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Does anyone know how much Disney cut Member Services Capacity? I've never gotten busy signals like this even when the 7 month window opened for Christmas time.

There were a lot of furloughs and work from home last year, The last information that I was given is that people were slowly being brought back, but not all CMs stuck around through the long furlough...or lay offs.

Unfortunately, I think many things are contributing to this right now. A lot of things that require phone calls that are not normally there,

Lots of changes for trips. Issues with a lot of owners not being able to borrow and having to call. The ticket offer. The free Aulani nights and discount deal and of case, then the opening of cruises that will be starting,

Its the perfect storm that even if they are back to full staff, would still see this. At this point, I think they should put in the call back system so people don’t have to stay on hold and don’t lose place in line.

There were a lot of furloughs and work from home last year, The last information that I was given is that people were slowly being brought back, but not all CMs stuck around through the long furlough...or lay offs.

Unfortunately, I think many things are contributing to this right now. A lot of things that require phone calls that are not normally there,

Lots of changes for trips. Issues with a lot of owners not being able to borrow and having to call. The ticket offer. The free Aulani nights and discount deal and of case, then the opening of cruises that will be starting,

Its the perfect storm that even if they are back to full staff, would still see this. At this point, I think they should put in the call back system so people don’t have to stay on hold and don’t lose place in line.

These are all excuses honestly. I know you are trying to explain why, but I dont know that I can think of a single other corporate entity large or small struggling like Disney is right now. These are self inflicted choices to lessen the guest service in order to save $.

I have dealt with 3 different airlines lately and had some of these same waits.

Not making excuses for the company. Giving you the reality of it all. IMO, there is a difference.

I agree it’s not good customer service at all.

ETA: I Send emails to membership satisfaction each time I’ve waited more than 20 minutes. Granted, it’s only been twice, but made the suggestion both times for call back.

Last edited:
We need to find out how long it really takes to get someone on the phone. So, to that end we should just call MS and time how long it takes to get someone, and also contact 10 other people and have them call MS and time it. Each one of them can contact 10 people and have them call MS and time it, and in turn have each of them contact 10 more people to call MS and time it, etc...

Everyone should continue to do this and report results until we get an accurate wait time. :rolleyes:

I fear we are all approaching what I dread...
REGISTERED Snail-Mail , per the contract. If telephone and Net do not function? There IS no telephone or Net, based on performance.

We need to find out how long it really takes to get someone on the phone. So, to that end we should just call MS and time how long it takes to get someone, and also contact 10 other people and have them call MS and time it. Each one of them can contact 10 people and have them call MS and time it, ahnd in turn have each of them contact 10 more people to call MS and time it, etc...

Everyone should continue to do this and report results until we get an accurate wait time. :rolleyes:

It took me 84 minutes this past Sunday before someone answered and 5 minutes for her to give me the ticket prices on the special for our trip. As I got into the queue, it told me my estimated wait time would be "greater than 90 minutes."

These are all excuses honestly. I know you are trying to explain why, but I dont know that I can think of a single other corporate entity large or small struggling like Disney is right now. These are self inflicted choices to lessen the guest service in order to save $.

I would suggest to anyone who thinks this is temporary and will improve in the near future to listen to Chapek on the earnings call and investor calls (link provided below) About page 18 “ improving the guest experience and then yielding those changes for the advantage of our shareholders”. Disney Plus is the shining new object to provide capital to grow and that parks/hotels division along with DVC are either having projects on hold and cost cutting wherever possible. Maximizing shareholder value and growing the media division is top priority under the current management.

Let me ask those in the thread if your “guest experience has improved”?

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/app/uploads/2021/02/bc-ms-transcript-030121.pdf

That is not a judgment as I am just relaying what was been stated by the CEO publicly.

It took me 84 minutes this past Sunday before someone answered and 5 minutes for her to give me the ticket prices on the special for our trip. As I got into the queue, it told me my estimated wait time would be "greater than 90 minutes."

This is the kicker for me - we too have waited upwards of 90 minutes for quick changes that have to be done over the phone. And each time the CM has been super friendly, very helpful, and we get things done in less than five minutes. The ratio of waiting to fixing is crazy.

It sounds like it's entirely a staffing/management issue. But I think it's worth all of us taking the survey/emailing Member Services directly with any feedback. If they don't hear what people think, they'll think this level of staffing/wait is acceptable.

I fear we are all approaching what I dread...
REGISTERED Snail-Mail , per the contract. If telephone and Net do not function? There IS no telephone or Net, based on performance.

I think I met that today. The web system is showing an error message and I couldn't get through to MS. I can't book my trip today. Maybe registered snail mail will get me Beach Club.

I can't believe I am actually going to go read the small print in my giant contracts on unusable customer service on a Disney product. Honestly, maybe it's time to sell a contract before everyone is as pissed off as I am right now.

Maybe we should each send them a bill for our all the wasted time! I'm thinking mine is worth at least $100 for the first hour, $200 for the second hour, $300 for the next, and etc, Busy signals should have a surcharge because those are just annoying!!!!. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe we should each send them a bill for our all the wasted time! I'm thinking mine is worth at least $100 for the first hour, $200 for the second hour, $300 for the next, and etc, Busy signals should have a surcharge because those are just annoying!!!!. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So funny. I gave them a pass through 2020 But since January it has just gotten to the point of crazy and seems to be getting worse not better.

So funny. I gave them a pass through 2020 But since January it has just gotten to the point of crazy and seems to be getting worse not better.

I wish less people would gjve them a pass, but I am glad you see the light!

Dismey service as a whole has been going down the tubes for the past decade or two. Its accelerated recently and admittedly, DVC seemed to be somewhat immune to.the general changes until the past few years. It is sadly turning into any other timeshare, or worse. At this point for me its just a $ game. When my investment starts to turn the other way, I will be getting out.

I wish less people would gjve them a pass, but I am glad you see the light!

Dismey service as a whole has been going down the tubes for the past decade or two. Its accelerated recently and admittedly, DVC seemed to be somewhat immune to.the general changes until the past few years. It is sadly turning into any other timeshare, or worse. At this point for me its just a $ game. When my investment starts to turn the other way, I will be getting out.

I gave them a pass in 2020 because I only waited more than 20 minutes twice and other than the beginning of the closure, things in the fall were pretty good given the circumstances. Most of my calls had been 15 or less minutes On hold.

I even gave them a pass in January when the ticket deals went on sale. But, three months in? Now, it’s crazy.

Like I shared, my call to ticketing allowed for a call back. It was great customer service. DVC should do the same!

When my investment starts to turn the other way, I will be getting out.

This is beyond a bad week or some mistakes. This is months of unacceptable service. Hours of waiting on the phone, unusable website. If this were my bank, I'd get a new one.

It's pretty amazing that this level of service all the cuts have not impacted the bottom line yet, as clearly reflected in resale pricing. But once I see downward trajectory, I will be out.

This is beyond a bad week or some mistakes. This is months of unacceptable service. Hours of waiting on the phone, unusable website. If this were my bank, I'd get a new one.

It's pretty amazing that this level of service all the cuts have not impacted the bottom line yet, as clearly reflected in resale pricing. But once I see downward trajectory, I will be out.

The thing with resale pricing is that the people on the outside dont have these experiences. Its not until a few cycles of people dumping contracts that it will really hurt.

Last edited:
I have been trying for 3 days, at different times and all I am getting is a busy signal. Wish they would let me answer the survery.

I’ve had the best luck later in the evening, like 4:30-5 EST or so. It takes 1 1/2-2 hours to get through, but there seem to be fewer busy signals or hang ups than earlier in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter