Mediterranean Excursions

Can anyone tell me the best way to transfers from Barcelona airport to Barcelona port? We are planning to fly from San Francisco 8/6 to Paris (CDG) arriving on 8/7. We will stay over night at the Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel and fly out to Barcelona on 8/8. I called DVC this morning to ask them the cost for ground transfers and they quoted me $25 per person each way (family of 4=$200) round trip. They said that arrival flight should be before 1:45pm and that you have to be on the ship before 4pm. I thought the ship does not leave until 9pm???? The departure flight should be no earlier than 10:30am. Any information or recommendation would be appreciated.:)

Taxi's will take you from the airport to downtown for $25 for 4 people (mind you luggage will cost a little extra, and you have to fit it all into the cab). So, I can't imagine it costing much more to go directly to the port.

On a different list (First Magical Med Cruise), people have contacted DCL and they said that once checked in you could exit the ship. However, there was some discussion about how they were going to do the lifeboat drill if not everyone was on board. It seems strange that you would have to be on board by 4 pm. Can you check that information? Maybe that is the latest check-in time? :confused3 :confused3

when I asked this question last week they said we could check in starting at 1 and leave our luggage. Just said we had to be on board early evening

For what this is worth - (I know it seems sometimes we all get different answers from Disney) - I was told on Monday that the ship is scheduled to have everyone onboard by 9pm and will sail at 10pm. Now, I was told this by a supervisor(I had a room issue he was handling). Still don't know how they will do the life boat drill. I was just worried about our flight because we have so many layovers. I was also told before booking to not book a departure flight until noon or after. Again, I don't know how accurate that is. I will probably be very aggravated, though, if that is not true because there were numerous flights(much cheaper) leaving before noon that day. We'll have a great time anyway. I am so excited about this trip!

I have emailed DCL this morning to ask about embarkation day and the safetly drill.

I will post any response I get.
;)

Does anyone know who have booked their excursions already if the excursion that are NOT marked limited, if any of those have sold out? I talked to Disney to confirm that they would not sell out since my cruise is very full. The answer was YES, they could sell out.

This is the information I got from the concierge team regarding embarkation, and life boat drill.

The port will open at 10am with boarding around 12:30pm to 1:00pm. They will be checking in cruisers in the terminal from 1-4pm and then it will move to the ship, so this might be what they mean about the 4pm check-in. Maybe they would just like to have you checked-in by then but you do not have to be on board until 9 or 9:30 pm. They will suspend services on the ship from 5:15pm to 6:00pm with the life boat drill to happen sometime between 5:30pm and 5:45pm. DCL is aware that cruisers could possibily be off the ship so the suggestion is to make sure you know where your life boat station is if you miss the drill. Also, don't think you can just not go to it even though you are on the ship, because they will know who is on board and who is ashore. The sail away party is supposed to be at 10pm.

The good thing for most of us is that there will be other cruises going out before us, so as soon as they start reporting back we will have a better idea of whats going to happen and when.

This is the information I got from the concierge team regarding embarkation, and life boat drill.

The port will open at 10am with boarding around 12:30pm to 1:00pm. They will be checking in cruisers in the terminal from 1-4pm and then it will move to the ship, so this might be what they mean about the 4pm check-in. Maybe they would just like to have you checked-in by then but you do not have to be on board until 9 or 9:30 pm. They will suspend services on the ship from 5:15pm to 6:00pm with the life boat drill to happen sometime between 5:30pm and 5:45pm. DCL is aware that cruisers could possibily be off the ship so the suggestion is to make sure you know where your life boat station is if you miss the drill. Also, don't think you can just not go to it even though you are on the ship, because they will know who is on board and who is ashore. The sail away party is supposed to be at 10pm.

The good thing for most of us is that there will be other cruises going out before us, so as soon as they start reporting back we will have a better idea of whats going to happen and when.

Thank you

South SF!!! Welcome... East bay resident here...

Hi California people - live in Bozeman, MT now - but lived in Fremont for 7 years. Was born in Maryland, I'll go with you to get a softshell sandwich!

Perhaps it has been posted here - :confused3

If anyone from the early sailings have booked La Cinta Beach excursion in Olbia - what were the times offered please. Thank you.

We can reserve on Sunday - and I am having a hard time deciding between Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri or the Timeless Pompeii and Flavor of Sorrento or stunning Sorrento and Amalfi Coast.

Any opinions?:confused:

If anyone from the early sailings have booked La Cinta Beach excursion in Olbia - what were the times offered please. Thank you.

We can reserve on Sunday - and I am having a hard time deciding between Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri or the Timeless Pompeii and Flavor of Sorrento or stunning Sorrento and Amalfi Coast.

Hello

I check on my excursion and for La Cinta Beach times are 9.15 or 1.15 pm

and I have booking the Stunning Sorrento and Amalfi Coast as heard that these are beautiful place to see - well I hope so!! time :8.15 for nine and half hours!

Remember press Save to wish list as it is easy to switch it on when start to booking the excursions. Good Luck to you on Sunday!

cheer

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

Posted on our cruise thread go for Amalfi not Capri imho

Hello

I check on my excursion and for La Cinta Beach times are 9.15 or 1.15 pm

and I have booking the Stunning Sorrento and Amalfi Coast as heard that these are beautiful place to see - well I hope so!! time :8.15 for nine and half hours!

Remember press Save to wish list as it is easy to switch it on when start to booking the excursions. Good Luck to you on Sunday!

cheer

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

Thank you - definitely want the early, 9:15 am.

Andrew (and anyone else who has booked in Naples) - will post here and on our thread also.

Please rate preference first choice, second, etc.

Stunning Sorrento & Amalfi Coast Drive -
Amalfi Coast & Ruins of Pompeii
Timeless Pompeii and Flavor of Sorrento
Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri

I apoligize and won't ask again. I promise ;)

Thank you - definitely want the early, 9:15 am.

Andrew (and anyone else who has booked in Naples) - will post here and on our thread also.

Please rate preference first choice, second, etc.

Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri

I apoligize and won't ask again. I promise ;)

All yes.

Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri No No!

Pompeii is great, you really get a feel for how it was, Sorrento, stayed there for 14 nights loved it, good for shopping, beachs not so good, nice meals, stunning views.

Amalfi is just beautiful, so much to see, stunning views, I love it.

Capri was a poor boat ride accross I went for a day, walked the top of the Island in about 30 mins, the only think I liked was Gracie Fields house.

With so much else around thats the one to drop.

All will be hot, Pompeii you feel it the most as there isnt a lot of protection,

• If you like shopping/meals Sorrento
  • If you like history- Do not mind walking a lot -Pompeii
  • Beautifull views Amalfi/Sorrento.

Just a head's up. We were on at 3AM on our booking day and the Village of Cefalu & Marionette show did not come up which means it was probably booked at 105 days. We were able to book the Village of Cefalu.

Just wanted to let you know.

I just found this on Frommers. I know this name has been kicked around as a company to take tours through. I looked into this company, and nothing really stood out about them. Here's and FYI. (BTW...MQ is a reputable honest well traveled poster.)

Frommers.com Editors (# 4 of 13)

06:16pm Feb 16, 2007 EST
Nope, that was the reason I asked, MQ. I see comments on that company often on the Italy boards, and, frankly, many of them feel, well, "planted." I don't doubt that it's a legitimate and reliable company, but too many of the posts regarding it read like cookie-cutter descriptions, and that's what leads me to believe they're being posted either by the company reps themselves or by former customers who've they directed to do so. It's a fine line between a rec and spam.
Anyway, eyefish, if you're comfortable paying more than $300 for a personal driving service, then have at it and enjoy the extra day. Personally, I'd use some of that to splurge on an outstanding meal or three -- but travel is personal, and each makes the choice (hopefully) best for him or herself.
Also, I don't see any problems with having your luggage in the vehicle. I assume it will be attended by the driver while you're walking about Siena and San Gimignano.
I'd love to hear back from you upon your return.
Cordially,
David Lytle
Editorial Director

Frommers.com Editors (# 6 of 13)

08:04pm Mar 13, 2007 EST
Unfortunately, the majority of messages on this site recommending the company are, in fact, not legit.
Following deeper research, I discovered that entire threads and unattributed articles from Boston.com, Fodors.com, Cruisecritic.com and other travel sites were being reposted here by "ekscrunchy" (aka, Carlo, one of the drivers for Romeinlimo) and multiple other usernames. In the copied posts, where competitors' tours or drivers were named in the original post, he replaced that with his own company name and contact information. I just deleted well over 100 posts that I could verify were copied in whole from other publications. It's truly a deceptive practice pretending to be someone you're not to advertise your company or views. (In message board parlance, it's called "sockpuppetry.")
They might be good drivers -- who knows? -- but based on their practices here we unequivocally cannot recommend their business.

I just found this on Frommers. I know this name has been kicked around as a company to take tours through. I looked into this company, and nothing really stood out about them. Here's and FYI. (BTW...MQ is a reputable honest well traveled poster.)

Frommers.com Editors (# 4 of 13)

06:16pm Feb 16, 2007 EST
Nope, that was the reason I asked, MQ. I see comments on that company often on the Italy boards, and, frankly, many of them feel, well, "planted." I don't doubt that it's a legitimate and reliable company, but too many of the posts regarding it read like cookie-cutter descriptions, and that's what leads me to believe they're being posted either by the company reps themselves or by former customers who've they directed to do so. It's a fine line between a rec and spam.
Anyway, eyefish, if you're comfortable paying more than $300 for a personal driving service, then have at it and enjoy the extra day. Personally, I'd use some of that to splurge on an outstanding meal or three -- but travel is personal, and each makes the choice (hopefully) best for him or herself.
Also, I don't see any problems with having your luggage in the vehicle. I assume it will be attended by the driver while you're walking about Siena and San Gimignano.
I'd love to hear back from you upon your return.
Cordially,
David Lytle
Editorial Director

Frommers.com Editors (# 6 of 13)

08:04pm Mar 13, 2007 EST
Unfortunately, the majority of messages on this site recommending the company are, in fact, not legit.
Following deeper research, I discovered that entire threads and unattributed articles from Boston.com, Fodors.com, Cruisecritic.com and other travel sites were being reposted here by "ekscrunchy" (aka, Carlo, one of the drivers for Romeinlimo) and multiple other usernames. In the copied posts, where competitors' tours or drivers were named in the original post, he replaced that with his own company name and contact information. I just deleted well over 100 posts that I could verify were copied in whole from other publications. It's truly a deceptive practice pretending to be someone you're not to advertise your company or views. (In message board parlance, it's called "sockpuppetry.")
They might be good drivers -- who knows? -- but based on their practices here we unequivocally cannot recommend their business.

Sorry, I thought it said in these posts which company it was. Here is the thread heading:
Romeinlimo from Rome to Florence
eyefish - 02:03pm Feb 13, 2007 EST

Scooby--Thanks for posting the info about this private tour company. Could you also post a link to the Frommers site where this is discussed? We have reserved several private tours, fortunatley not this company but I suppose it easily could have been, since we used cruisecritic for our research. I have not looked at the Frommers site and would like to see if there is any more info about the drivers we are using.

Thanks again.

Scooby--Thanks for posting the info about this private tour company. Could you also post a link to the Frommers site where this is discussed? We have reserved several private tours, fortunatley not this company but I suppose it easily could have been, since we used cruisecritic for our research. I have not looked at the Frommers site and would like to see if there is any more info about the drivers we are using.

Thanks again.

Here you go: http://www.frommers.com/cgi-bin/WebX?13@44.GhDmaK151AX^0@.ef337a0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter