MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

That eggnog cocktail sounds like something really special 🧉

I am really loving The Who’s! I’m thinking meeting them is a highlight for sure ⛄

And more beautiful decorations! Diagon Alley really is lovely, all decked out for Christmas.

Wherever you go, you seem to find the fun! That is the secret to enjoying vacation, and life. Well Done! 🥰

I dropped of the planet again, had to get out my new computer and reset all of the passwords etc.
Hope you, Tom and Kyle had a wonderful Christmas!! 🎅🤶🎅🎄
I've been enjoying the trip down memory lane with all of the pictures. Maybe it's just me, but every time I go by the picture of the Poinsettia tree, I swear I see a person in a poinsettia costume..... too much solitary confinement. :rolleyes1

That eggnog cocktail sounds like something really special 🧉

I am really loving The Who’s! I’m thinking meeting them is a highlight for sure ⛄

And more beautiful decorations! Diagon Alley really is lovely, all decked out for Christmas.

Wherever you go, you seem to find the fun! That is the secret to enjoying vacation, and life. Well Done! 🥰

The Who`s really are wonderful......you`ll love the interactions with them.

It really is a wonderful experience at Christmas, and yes, we always have just the best time whether we stay in the parks or wander around outside the resort as there`s so many places outside to enjoy as well. At the risk of sounding too schmaltzy......we always have a lovely time when we`re together.......and never have a cross word........:wave2:

I dropped of the planet again, had to get out my new computer and reset all of the passwords etc.
Hope you, Tom and Kyle had a wonderful Christmas!! 🎅🤶🎅🎄
I've been enjoying the trip down memory lane with all of the pictures. Maybe it's just me, but every time I go by the picture of the Poinsettia tree, I swear I see a person in a poinsettia costume..... too much solitary confinement. :rolleyes1

Tink2Day it is so good to see you.....I hope you had a lovely Christmas and happy new computer!!! Lovely gift to receive......

lol....I know what you mean about the ponsietta trees.....they do look like they could start wobbling around anytime as you look at them.......that would make a lovely surprise (or shock) for folks wandering around.......love it!

Yes, I think we`re all ready to get back mixing again.........I miss my friends and all my family up in Scotland....... :wave2:

I never got to finish my review of last Christmas....I did mean to, but real life as always has a way of interrupting the best laid plans.

3 days before Christmas, my lovely Aunt in Long Island we`ve been visiting for the last seven years, sadly passed away. Getting that call from my cousin was one of the worst phone calls I`ve ever had. She had been poorly the previous week, but had been sent home from hospital and was supposed to get better.

I have so many lovely memories of her and our phone calls were regular and long! We really could chat the day away, and I was fortunate the Sunday before she passed and the previous Sunday we had chatted for many hours between the two calls. I am so glad I did have those calls with her.

I watched her wake live streamed last night, which was a little odd, but the way things are right now. If we could have flown over for it, we would have in a heartbeat.

She had planned to visit Scotland for one last time this year, but Covid put paid to that visit sadly. We were so close and I had told her in our last phone call I wasn`t ready to say goodbye to her just yet, we had several more visits to squeeze in with her.

Her two daughters and families are of course completely devastated. We know that feeling as Tom`s mum passed away on the same date but many years previous.

On Christmas morning we got a call from my sister to say one of our brother`s grandson, our great-nephew had died at 5.30am Christmas morning. He was 19.

I didn`t have a close relationship with him as we had left the country when he was born and afterwards we were still many hours away, but heartbroken for my brother, niece and all the family.

Mum is doing ok through it all which is a big relief.

However, we still managed to have a nice Christmas Day despite all the heartache around. I know my aunt would have wanted us to do that.....

Mum was at my sisters home for Christmas Day as they are all in the one bubble and we had some facetime with them which was lovely.....mum looked really well and had a lovely day too.

So, that was our Christmas......not the usual, between losing family members and Covid affecting all plans we usually have with friends over the Holidays.

But, we constantly reminded ourselves we were together and healthy......and did get some lovely presents too, enjoyed some lovely food and drinks.....and lots of DVD`s as Christmas TV sucked as usual.......it reminded me why we don`t watch a lot of tv in general.

I`m sorry for the not so cheery post.......but, I do hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and I know for sure we are all looking forward to the end of this year that hasn`t been so good to some people.

2021 has to be better........::yes::

Oh, Carole, I'm so very sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one this time of year. We lost my mom on Dec. 27, 2018. Sending you hugs and prayers❤

Andrea, I am so sorry.

What a dreadful time for you.......it never really goes away, and two years is still so raw a time.

And thank you, sending you hugs too......:hug:

Sorry for the loss of your two family members... No matter what their age is, it's still hard to lose a loved one... :hug:

Wishing you, Tom and Kyle many trips in 2021!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Thank you Nancy.......yes, regardless of age, it`s still so awful.

And yes, I hope you have a very Happy New Year too.....I think we all deserve it....

I know its been an extraordinarily difficult week for you.
Many hugs:hug:
2021 will certainly bring brighter days!

Thank you Lori.......

Yes, had easier weeks to deal with for sure, but I still count myself as very lucky indeed, and absolutely.....I think we all look forward to those brighter days........:)

Oh my dearest Carole I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Aunt. We lost my last Aunt on 12/31/19. She was 95 but it was sudden as she had no serious health issues. She was an RN and took quite good care of herself. My Mom was and still is crushed at losing her. She always rang off with my Mom saying I love you my little sissy. She was quite a character and we all miss her.
My Mom is doing ok at almost 93 but misses socializing with her 'friends', the isolation isn't good for her and the couple of us she sees/lives with are boring :rolleyes1 while she is always the life of the party. I, on the other hand, being very reserved and shy am okay with just a couple of people around me and working at home for so long life seems no different.

P.S. the computer wasn't new, new it just had never been taken out of the box. I bought it about 6 months ago since my other laptop was giving me issues. I'm going to replace the screen on the old one as I don't want to transfer the hundreds of files for work to the new one. I've gone through 3 desktops and 6 laptops in the 15 years I've worked for the current medical practice (from home). My former boss who left there said I need an industrial strength computer.:tongue:

Last edited:
Oh my dearest Carole I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Aunt. We lost my last Aunt on 12/31/19. She was 95 but it was sudden as she had no serious health issues. She was an RN and took quite good care of herself. My Mom was and still is crushed at losing her. She always rang off with my Mom saying I love you my little sissy. She was quite a character and we all miss her.
My Mom is doing ok at almost 93 but misses socializing with her 'friends', the isolation isn't good for her and the couple of us she sees/lives with are boring :rolleyes1 while she is always the life of the party. I, on the other hand, being very reserved and shy am okay with just a couple of people around me and working at home for so long life seems no different.

P.S. the computer wasn't new, new it just had never been taken out of the box. I bought it about 6 months ago since my other laptop was giving me issues. I'm going to replace the screen on the old one as I don't want to transfer the hundreds of files for work to the new one. I've gone through 3 desktops and 6 laptops in the 15 years I've worked for the current medical practice (from home). My former boss who left there said I need an industrial strength computer.:tongue:

Thank you :flower3:

Oh Tink, that is so sad. Getting to your mum`s age and losing her sister is dreadful.....and I love the sissy part....I have a very good friend that we sign off our emails on occasion with the same thing........

I think we`ve all had losses that will stay with us forever. Your aunt sounds so lovely and yes, I can imagine how much she is missed.

My mum sounds like your mum.....she is always out and when we called before this virus, she was never in!! And her mobile phone was never switched on.....she is like a naughty teenager at times......lol.....I`m laughing at the thought of your mum finding her present companions boring.....she sounds like quite a lovely character herself......

I can be both. I`m quite content being at home with my family. But Pre-covid I did love being out with company......I think this time of year I`m missing friends, but I do think I`m very, very lucky with my own family and feel happy to be here with them.

Oh that is a hoot with all the computers you`ve gone through....lol.......yes, transferring data is not my favourite thing to do......I do shout Kyle for that usually! I did get a new ipad for Christmas and gave Tom one of my others (I use 2 plus my laptop) Tom always said my ipad charger is the hardest working thing in our home.....lol....he`s probably right. But, I did manage to set up my oldest one with all of Tom`s data and emails....I was giving myself a pat on the back for that! But, good luck with the new screen!

Sending you hugs too for the anniversary coming up of your Aunt`s passing.....the "first" of birthdays, anniversaries are always the hardest......and all good wishes for your mum too....... :hug:

Dear Carole and Tom, I'm so sorry for your loss - I have read how much you enjoyed visiting with her. So glad you had the opportunity to speak with her recently. Such sad times.

BTW, I live on Long Island. :-)

Thank you :flower3:

Oh Tink, that is so sad. Getting to your mum`s age and losing her sister is dreadful.....and I love the sissy part....I have a very good friend that we sign off our emails on occasion with the same thing........

I think we`ve all had losses that will stay with us forever. Your aunt sounds so lovely and yes, I can imagine how much she is missed.

My mum sounds like your mum.....she is always out and when we called before this virus, she was never in!! And her mobile phone was never switched on.....she is like a naughty teenager at times......lol.....I`m laughing at the thought of your mum finding her present companions boring.....she sounds like quite a lovely character herself......

I can be both. I`m quite content being at home with my family. But Pre-covid I did love being out with company......I think this time of year I`m missing friends, but I do think I`m very, very lucky with my own family and feel happy to be here with them.

Oh that is a hoot with all the computers you`ve gone through....lol.......yes, transferring data is not my favourite thing to do......I do shout Kyle for that usually! I did get a new ipad for Christmas and gave Tom one of my others (I use 2 plus my laptop) Tom always said my ipad charger is the hardest working thing in our home.....lol....he`s probably right. But, I did manage to set up my oldest one with all of Tom`s data and emails....I was giving myself a pat on the back for that! But, good luck with the new screen!

Sending you hugs too for the anniversary coming up of your Aunt`s passing.....the "first" of birthdays, anniversaries are always the hardest......and all good wishes for your mum too....... :hug:
Thank you Carole. The hardest date coming up though. My Father passed away several years ago right after the New Year. But, life goes on.
Where is Kyle when I need him?? :badpc: Actually, my sister has a degree in computer science but hates computers and does something in the medical field (research) for the government so she's worthless. LOL In one of my previous lives I learned how to do computer hardware and software support. I've ordered the screen now just have to decide if I want to replace it myself. I finally abandoned the old one as it made your beautiful photos look like someone took them while sky diving without a parachute.:rotfl2:

Dear Carole and Tom, I'm so sorry for your loss - I have read how much you enjoyed visiting with her. So glad you had the opportunity to speak with her recently. Such sad times.

BTW, I live on Long Island. :-)

Well hello Deb :wave2:....so happy to see you post here again. And thank you for your very kind thoughts.

Oh yes, we loved visiting with her and will miss her so much, and the regular phone calls too. But, yes, having had so many conversations recently is especially a comfort.

I love Long Island it`s such a beautiful place to live. First time we went out there, I just fell in love with it, so many lovely places to visit and every one of them prettier than the last. I could easily live there.....I still have my cousins and their families out there, so I know we will visit again as we won`t lose touch with them.

Hope things are going well for you and your family right now, it`s a tough time for so many people......again, thank you and lovely to see you :flower3:

Thank you Carole. The hardest date coming up though. My Father passed away several years ago right after the New Year. But, life goes on.
Where is Kyle when I need him?? :badpc: Actually, my sister has a degree in computer science but hates computers and does something in the medical field (research) for the government so she's worthless. LOL In one of my previous lives I learned how to do computer hardware and software support. I've ordered the screen now just have to decide if I want to replace it myself. I finally abandoned the old one as it made your beautiful photos look like someone took them while sky diving without a parachute.:rotfl2:

It is heartbreaking to go through loss, and it does seem so cruel this time of year, but you`re correct, life does go on, maybe a little different when loved ones are missing, but we do go on. Hugs for the difficult days coming up :hug:

lol.....Kyle is incredibly handy with many issues like that....he always knows by the inflection of my voice when I call up to him what help I need.

Oh dear....your pictures sound hilarious! Yes, time for a new screen then......have to admit, I find the cleverest of people are sometimes the least practical with things like that.......Tink....that`s my excuse and I`m sticking to it.......::yes::

Good for you fixing it yourself, you`ll do a good job I`m sure......

I am so sorry, Carole. Such a loss for your family, I know your heart is broken and I am wishing you peace. 🤗🤗🤗

Thank you so much Maria.......your good wishes always mean a lot.

We keep reminding ourselves how lucky we still are despite the recent losses, but taking the time to mourn is helping. :flower3:

So sorry for the loss of your aunt and grand nephew. Life, illness and death, carries on despite holidays and pandemics. We know of people whose loved ones passed during lockdown periods and could not hold any sort of memorial gathering. That's tough. And a friend became a father for the first time which is also a stressful event made more stressful buy COVID hospital protocols. My very dearest friend received a cancer diagnosis early lockdown and has since had an operation and started chemo. Scary to have to visit hospital regularly when you know COVID is inside those walls.

My mil passed end of November last year, and my fil on Christmas Eve 2016, so we've had our share of sad Christmases but this year I found myself very nostalgic. I steamed a Christmas pudding for the first time, and made custard sauce for the first time. Not exactly the same as I recall my mum's to be but very close and it was lots of fun. We even made a trip to the Scottish butcher for all things Scottish. My Dad used to go fairly regularly and treat us to things but I hadn't been since he passed. Really enjoyed it and wanted all the things! My bother, who lives across the country from me (Canada) was very jealous to see a pic of my steamed pudding and now they are making one today lol. Lots of texts about appropriate bowls and racks etc, its just been a lot of fun. All that to say that eventually you push past all the sadness and on to the fond memories. My Dad had the cheek to pass away on Valentine's Day 2017. With my fil passing that Christmas Eve, and then Dad, I was a bit unnerved as Easter approached lol. Stop dying on holidays people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter