MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Our UK passports are chipped, and it can store all sorts of info in it. All our ESTA information is there, and we can`t leave the UK without one, so I`d put it on passports.....no vaccine no fly. Some of the airlines I`m sure are already looking at this. Yes, it`s come around quickly, I know a nurse who is due to get her vaccine either next week or the following week. Can`t happen quick enough......but, yes, once it`s rolled out I`m sure you`ll have to show something as proof you`ve had it.

That's an interesting idea - ie: putting something on passports as proof you've had the vaccine. I wonder. I'm thinking maybe a card (hopefully with an app for your phone as well) that will show proof? I'm terrible with carrying things around, if it's a card it would have to be plastic like a credit card...if it's a piece of paper it will disintegrate? Who knows. I'm sure they will come up with something. Agreed, can't happen soon enough! Our first health care workers here will be getting it next week as well. They wanted it to go to care homes first but because of the extreme cold temperatures the vaccines need to be stored at they can only do it at hospitals initially. I'm really hoping one of the other less challenging to store and transport vaccines also gets approval soon so it can be a bigger rollout!

And of course no visit is complete without seeing the huge tree in the Studios......

Love the christmas trees and decor everywhere. Orlando is so magical at holiday time. I know some people say Christmas isn't the same without cold and snow but...I'm perfectly happy with a warm xmas and lots of decorations and sun!

Sadly, I do not :( I cannot remember the last time I haven't had a trip on the horizon, and it's been nearly a year of that! But 2021 has to be better ::yes::

I know. It continues to shock me... nearly a year later!

Same! :rotfl:

I'll be hoping you get through the vaccination in time for your May trip!

YES!

Yum! I think Kyle and I have the same capacity for chocolate!

How sweet! It seems like you really had some caring folks on these trips. The way they looked after Kyle when he was sick is amazing :goodvibes

Oh gosh yes, 2021 has to be better.....we all took a vote and agreed on it.....lol.....yes, having a trip in the planning is something to brighten up these long winter days.....I`m sure you`ll have one planned soon. yes, we have everything crossed for the vaccination process, for everyone.

They truly are fabulous at the hotel looking after folks. And yes, we were so grateful with how they were with Kyle. Oh another chocolate fan.......lol.....I truly wish I did like it and could share some of their cakes....although I think they`re glad I don`t....more for them!

:wave2:

That's an interesting idea - ie: putting something on passports as proof you've had the vaccine. I wonder. I'm thinking maybe a card (hopefully with an app for your phone as well) that will show proof? I'm terrible with carrying things around, if it's a card it would have to be plastic like a credit card...if it's a piece of paper it will disintegrate? Who knows. I'm sure they will come up with something. Agreed, can't happen soon enough! Our first health care workers here will be getting it next week as well. They wanted it to go to care homes first but because of the extreme cold temperatures the vaccines need to be stored at they can only do it at hospitals initially. I'm really hoping one of the other less challenging to store and transport vaccines also gets approval soon so it can be a bigger rollout!

Love the christmas trees and decor everywhere. Orlando is so magical at holiday time. I know some people say Christmas isn't the same without cold and snow but...I'm perfectly happy with a warm xmas and lots of decorations and sun!

Yes, I think it`ll be a card at first too. And hopefully plastic and not paper card which will get worn, and maybe too easy to forge?? But, eventually I believe it will be added to passports, unless the civil liberties folks waddle in.

The other vaccine yes, it`s more stable I believe so hopefully it`ll roll out faster too so they don`t need to worry about keeping it so cold. I think it`s mainly hospitals here too right now, but our doctors office seem to be planning to do it there soon. At least I think they are due to the txts they`ve sent out. Fingers crossed.

The first Christmas we went our minds were all over the place......80f, sunscreen, shorts and then we saw the decorations, music and all the Christmas trees and our brains were just confused.....but we loved it!!

I could have Christmas like that every year......yes, I`ll take the heat too.....:sunny:

Hope things are all good with you Kathy....:wave2:

and of course enjoying his new car he got two weeks ago.....I think he is already well over 1000 miles on the clock......

Josh got a new car too a couple weeks ago :rotfl:

but I`m convinced our trip in September is a certainty.

Me too!

We hadn`t wandered around long before someone was itching to get in for his chocolate cake......or two.........

oh my goodness the cakes there are so large :rotfl: I'm still working my way through all the cheesecakes there, just got a peppermint one last week lol

And of course no visit is complete without seeing the huge tree in the Studios......

I miss the parks around the holidays, we haven't been since 2018. But I love that you love taking pictures of Christmas trees too :rotfl:

Josh got a new car too a couple weeks ago :rotfl:

Me too!

oh my goodness the cakes there are so large :rotfl: I'm still working my way through all the cheesecakes there, just got a peppermint one last week lol

I miss the parks around the holidays, we haven't been since 2018. But I love that you love taking pictures of Christmas trees too :rotfl:

Hope he`s enjoying his new car.....always fun!

They are huge from the CF! I don`t think even years ago I ever finished a slice....where he puts it all I have no idea!

Lordy, from when I met Tom he always called me Kevin McAllister......Christmas trees....yes, bit of a thing for them.....but they`re always so beautiful.

i-P7Cphpm-S.gif

WELCOME TO 2019

I think of our three trips for the Holidays, 2019 was our favourite....well, maybe my favourite, but it was 11 nights, and again we were staying in our home from home RPR.......

Again, this was booked almost as soon as we got home from the last Christmas trip. We had given our dates before we left and as soon as the flights were released, we snapped them up. And with us, everything else falls easily into place as we have never been folks to plan much of anything.

We had again booked the Marriott which is a short drive away from the airport, maybe 10 minutes, and this would be Kyle`s first stay here. He wasn`t sure, as he loves the Radisson so much, but we knew he`d like it as much as we did.

Our excitement levels again before we left were off the scale high......and our travel day was truly dreadful, the drive up to the airport was constant rain and high winds, but it made us smile as we knew the next day we were heading to the sunshine and hopefully a much warmer climate.

We arived in time for lunch and Kyle immediately said he liked the hotel, he had his own room and we had Executive Lounge access too as he did like the lounge in the Radisson.

i-cftb66T-X2.jpg

Kyle immediately promised to be patient with our picture taking...lol....

i-sHWgKPs-X2.jpg

After lunch which was beautiful, we spent some time in the lounge and Kyle declared he liked it better than the Radisson which pleased us no end. This hotel was much better in many ways, and rather ironically we got two executive rooms for much less than we paid for one room at the Radisson on our last stay there.

But, money aside, it had a much homelier feel and just different.

The lounge was lovely, and very quiet for the Christmas period. We were in alone most of the afternoon and even when the food was served, it wasn`t too busy.

i-Zhf8Th6-X2.jpg

We only sampled a few little bits and some wine as we had a table booked at Brasserie Blanc in the hotel later. They do amazing steaks we knew Kyle would love and we did have a wonderful meal there later. We all slept our usual restless way, although Kyle said he slept well....he usually does though.......

Our next morning we got the shuttle bus over to the terminal. It is handy, and only takes a few minutes.

Our airport time passes quickly and we are excited to see our plane again......

And quite sad to see in the background near their old hanger, the now defunct Thomas Cook planes which were still parked up at the airport awaiting their fate after the company went bankrupt months before. That had made for a very weird time for us as we were travelling with them when that happened.

i-WqR5nqf-X2.jpg

When Tom and I fly Premium we sometimes get the front two seats in the Bubble upstairs, but this time we had managed to get the last two seats for Kyle and I and Tom was in the row in front with a window seat. These seats were brilliant as you had no one behind you.

They had changed the configuration several years back and removed some Premium seats and for some reason added regular economy seats, but you still felt it was a little bit more intimate somehow up here.....generally it was quieter.

i-q4qxdZm-X2.jpg

We like this cabin a lot.

i-9TTTnkS-X2.jpg

At the time of our flight home, we never realised this would be our last flights on the much loved 747 as Virgin decided that they were redundant, too old and not environmentally friendly which makes a lot of us very angry......those planes are so beautiful and hold so many memories for us over the many, many flights we`ve had on them.

I think we were glad this trip was with them outward and back home again.

This past summer we saw the final flights of those lovely planes as they left Manchester Airport for the last time before they went to be broken up....that is so sad to think of. And, it was surprisingly emotional watching them on youtube taking off live for their final flights. The pilots on every one of those flights, once they left the ground and could do it safely, all made the planes do their final wing wave, where they rocked the plane from side to side 3 or 4 times to wave goodbye and say thank you to the crowds that had gathered to watch their favourite planes disappear forever. I can honestly say I did find myself cry to see this......yep, far too emotional for my own good at times. But, I did have to watch every one of those majestic planes take off one last time......

The pilots too felt it. We know one of the Virgin pilots very well and most of them are disappointed there will be no more 747`s in the fleet.

And we cannot wait to see this skymap once more!!!!

It is a long flight, but when you see you`re in the last hour, it is one of the best feelings in the world knowing Orlando is so close. And again, this had been a wonderful flight over.

i-Tw8Q42R-X2.jpg

Everything goes well and soon we are at the hotel checking in once more.......and we always love the welcome you receive here......hugs all round and just smiles everywhere.

Our friend had again arranged a charcuterie plate with crackers and a welcome home card for us and it was so well received. All of us were very hungry by the time we arrived and checked in tonight.....and this plate of food looked like it had been attcked by savages by the time we were done! Lovely though and again, so thoughtful........

i-g67nX4F-X2.jpg

We got freshened up and headed over to our favourite bar in the whole of Universal Orlando......Strong Water Bar........and again, it was like coming home as everyone knew us as we walked in. It really is the friendliest bar around.

Food was so good and drinks too........Kyle of course had his chocolate cake.......this one said it was spiced, but Kyle said he could detect no spice, so it must be very delicate. He loved this!

I forget how many chocolate cakes he had this trip, Nancyluvsmickey kep count of them, but I`d need to look back on the TR to find out.....it was a lot.

i-RNK5xjq-X2.jpg

We had such a good meal in here tonight.......food was brilliant and the chatter with all the guys we know well is always so much fun. We really did feel as much at home over here as we do in the RPR.

Sapphire has the best Christmas tree.....it is huge as it would have to be for the size of their lobby.......

i-t3Vr9sF-X2.jpg

Even the walk between the two hotels is done up in a very festive way......

i-t9k8NSB-X2.jpg

I think we all slept well and we were ready to start our day in the morning.......first stop is always the Club Lounge.....where we again received a special welcome on the table they perceive as "ours" lol.....I`m not so sure as we have several places we like to sit in there depending on time of day.

But, it was a cute little gesture.....

And Kyle loved being back in the lounge and hotel again...it had been a year and it felt like it had been a long time for him.

i-zcLFhXM-X2.jpg

It took us a while to get out of the lounge as we spent so much time chatting, especially when Kayla the Concierge manager came up to see us.....she was the one responsible for the reserved sign......she is lovely and we got on with her straight away when we met her. Sadly she has left Loews, but she`s doing good and we still keep in touch with her regularly and plan to meet first time we get back after this darn virus ceases to cause less trouble.

But, a lazy morning is what we had planned.....so catching up with everyone is a pleasure.

We planned to do some shopping this morning and have lunch out, but we had genuinely spent so much time chatting, it was lunchtime.......

i-tMGVkwm-X2.jpg

i-z5S522N-X2.jpg

The gingerbread house display just gets better and better every year.......you can spend some time just looking at that alone as it so detailed and impressive.....and the smell.....I`m not a huge gingerbread fan, but the aroma in the lobby is divine.

i-vmQM3cS-X2.jpg

Lunch was now Jake`s which is always lovely.....and after lunch we went to do our shopping and when we got back we did go for a nap as all of us felt so tired!

i-XkFcJ4w-X2.jpg

We all had a good nap, then headed off to the Studios as we wanted to see the Parade and then do Hogwarts night show in the one night.

It was nice being in the boat together again.

i-zq8Lq7X-X2.jpg

i-Xd9NFkk-X2.jpg

Although it was very warm tonight, we remembered last years Parade had turned unseasonally cooler only too well.....so we came prepared with hoodies just in case, but, we did hope we wouldn`t need them.

i-mNdtKbj-X2.jpg

They wanted to go on the Minion ride as Kyle loves it too, but hadn`t experienced it in 2D.....I think it sucks now, so didn`t even bother going on it. So, I wandered around and took some pictures.......

i-x57gNbx-X2.jpg

I was curious to hear what Kyle thought of the ride now, and he too declared it sucked! They have completely ruined it with taking out the 3D element. I won`t bother riding it again.

We did plan to go on RRR but even the EP line was around 45 minutes, so we gave it a pass, we had many more days ahead to ride it.

For the Parade we decided to stand the same place as last year, and we were glad we did. It was much busier than last year and it felt quite crowded compared to previous years or even Mardi Gras.

i-ZpQf3fv-X2.jpg

Again, it did seem a little too light for the Parade to start, but seeing the light change as the floats came past was very pretty to see.

i-7SnL4PM-X2.jpg

i-QmkS6K5-X2.jpg

i-VCMK4xZ-X2.jpg

i-p74H4pf-X2.jpg

i-MJZPhBr-X2.jpg

One of the more popular moments is always when the snow is released or even the ticker tape.......everyone is roused a little bit more by this happening.

i-jH8G337-X2.jpg

i-nC4ghsJ-X2.jpg

i-3mBsVcb-X2.jpg

When darkness falls here, it arrives very quickly, it`s almost blink and you miss it.....but the floats do look even better when it`s completely dark.

i-LzcV8HQ-X2.jpg

i-P2thvzc-X2.jpg

Sorry this picture looks like it`s being taken by a phone, the quality is poorer as I zoomed in to see the main man a little better.

i-dCgLWGv-X2.jpg

i-t2NHhMT-X2.jpg

The lighting of the tree is the highlight of the event......and Father Christmas is perfect at lighting the tree and getting everyone involved. We loved this and you do get such a warm feeling when he does it......everyone is so happy and smiley around us, it is lovely.

i-S2WnJmH-X2.jpg

The weather did keep warm enough that we didn`t need our hoodies.....it was very warm thankfully so all in all a much better experience weather wise than last year, but for the parade itself, it was fabulous.

Coming up.....we hop over to IOA for the Castle light show.

That parade and tree lighting are quite spectacular! I love the brilliant colors and so many lights everywhere 🎄🎄🎄Gorgeous, I can’t wait to see it myself in person next year! ❤️💚❤️💚❤️

That parade and tree lighting are quite spectacular! I love the brilliant colors and so many lights everywhere 🎄🎄🎄Gorgeous, I can’t wait to see it myself in person next year! ❤💚💚

It is beautiful.......the Christmas Parade is amazing, and we all really enjoyed it.

And fingers crossed we all manage to be there at the same time next year......::yes::

LOVE the avatar........:flower1: I never usually notice folks avatars, but that one is stunning!!

The parade finished and everyone began to scatter around in various directions, and everyone looked so happy.....even though it was busier than the previous years, it didn`t feel too crowded.

We had thoroughly enjoyed watching the parade tonight, and bonus points for still being warm!

i-TSQbGHZ-X2.jpg

i-7qNvMTP-X2.jpg

Kyle and Tom however did want to do RRR.....I hadn`t felt like going on the rides tonight so I snapped a few pictures while they did the ride which didn`t take too long as the EP line was pretty normal at around 5 minutes or so.

i-WJxCdXN-X2.jpg

i-LB6zQGw-X2.jpg

I met them at the exit and we headed over by Toothsome to go to IOA, where we ran into a TM from the Studios we hadn`t seen in a long time. Kyle was pleasant and patient, but I knew he was desperate to go ride The Hulk before we saw the light show on Hogwarts. We chatted for a few minutes before setting off again.

The parks at night are always beautiful, but the Christmas decorations and lights are extra pretty.

i-Q8vHDHM-X2.jpg

Again, I didn`t feel like riding Hulk so they headed to the ride and I stopped around and caught some snaps of the gorgeous POE. This is one of my favourite areas in the parks at the best of times, so add in the lights.....I`m a happy bunny........

i-CJW9PGb-X2.jpg

i-jr3JSkv-X2.jpg

i-GZgcS5g-X2.jpg

i-8ZP28gn-X2.jpg

I met them after they had done Hulk which had been a complete walk on, we did Dr Doom a few times which is always fun and at night is an added pleasure.

We headed round to Hogwarts and through Seuss......and of course this purple bow really stood out to me.....well, it`s purple.......::yes::

i-GsXgC2X-X2.jpg

i-KQPCKJW-X2.jpg

i-Pj2JXHm-X2.jpg

i-jXRtPpX-X2.jpg

We have a quick bathroom visit before heading into Hogsmeade, and we found where everyone was hiding. The parks had seemed so quiet as we walked through tonight, there were many coming out though.

i-9SqwNjQ-X2.jpg

We saw some of the fireworks go off from the previous show. It ran regularly from dusk so if you missed one show, another would be along before you could blink....

i-CQvBscK-X2.jpg

Completely stunning.

i-rGJZK7m-X2.jpg

I honestly love Hogsmeade, in this part of the park, I actually prefer it over some parts of Diagon Alley....it looks so authentic from the original stories. Then other times I think I prefer DA......they are both so amazingly lifelike and encapsulate everything Potter.

i-pjGdrCn-X2.jpg

i-FPCjtgp-X2.jpg

We wait till we are instructed to move forward and as we have seen this show before, we stand where we know we`ll get a good view.....everyone lunges forward and we have plenty of room........till a man comes and lays down right in front of us......yep, right at our feet!

i-tdVsT3H-Th.gif

I had actually kicked him, not too hard by accident on his shoulder as I turned but hadn`t noticed him....his head was on his rucksack and Tom mentioned to him it wasn`t the best idea.....he growled he was napping......lol.......

We called over a TM who very forcefully moved him along......they came back and said thank you as they hadn`t noticed him...but what was he thinking, I have no idea.....

Peace was restored and we had lovely people standing close to us while we watched the Hogwarts light show.......

And it is impressive......right from the start the music and dim lighting sends chills through you and the lights, music and fireworks all work together for a splendid visual and sound display.

i-5m7Kf4b-X2.jpg

i-5QVTRFC-X2.jpg

i-b9GTmwC-X2.jpg

i-PDxmq8r-X2.jpg

i-hHkMSZD-X2.jpg

i-VkkqbW4-X2.jpg

i-ZLLdwnB-X2.jpg

i-4Hfb7FL-X2.jpg

i-SXBTNCK-X2.jpg

i-dDWfTFh-X2.jpg

I think this experience is one of my favourites of all the extras on offer in the parks......certainly impressive and I haven`t met anyone who didn`t love it. We don`t bother with the regular castle night show, we have seen it once, and while it was good, it didn`t have the added sparkling ingredients of Christmas.

We headed to Margaritaville for dinner which was Kyle`s choice tonight and it was very good, then back to RP where we were going to Orchids to enjoy the newest lounge decor and have a cocktail........and it was still so warm......we were loving this heat for December.

It`s not very often we get to see the bridge into the hotel with absolutely no one on it.....I only have a couple of them over the years as it`s always so busy usually.

i-VmWZXN3-X2.jpg

i-6kPjvST-X2.jpg

Orchids was quiet, so we enjoyed a cocktail or two before heading to bed. And we all said we`d had the best day.

I tried this one last week, so good!!!

They are huge from the CF! I don`t think even years ago I ever finished a slice....where he puts it all I have no idea!

Yeah they are massive. I usually cut it into three servings and save most for later, or breakfast with coffee lol

And we cannot wait to see this skymap once more!!!!

OMG I cannot wait to see ANY skymap!!!

I tried this one last week, so good!!!

Yeah they are massive. I usually cut it into three servings and save most for later, or breakfast with coffee lol

OMG I cannot wait to see ANY skymap!!!

I asked Kyle if he could cut his chocolate cake into 3 pieces.......lol......I got the “seriously mum” look.....that’ll be a no then! I could though, they’re so large and so sweet.

Oh gosh yes, I’d even sit without a sky map......lol......getting desperate now Kathy.......:laughing:

Oh gosh yes, 2021 has to be better.....we all took a vote and agreed on it.....lol
You can add my vote to the mix too! :laughing:

Oh another chocolate fan.......lol.....I truly wish I did like it and could share some of their cakes....although I think they`re glad I don`t....more for them!
Yes, they are probably secretly happy you don't like chocolate ;)

it was like coming home as everyone knew us as we walked in. It really is the friendliest bar around.
That is so wonderful. You must really leave the most wonderful impressions on them all for them to continue to remember you and treat you so well :goodvibes I grew up in the restaurant business and summer after summer I'd see the same people--but usually only once or twice a year--but you always remember your favorites :goodvibes

I forget how many chocolate cakes he had this trip, Nancyluvsmickey kep count of them, but I`d need to look back on the TR to find out.....it was a lot.
:rotfl: I would certainly have been a happy dinner companion at each spot!

And it is impressive......right from the start the music and dim lighting sends chills through you and the lights, music and fireworks all work together for a splendid visual and sound display.
Wow, the pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I confess I haven't been to Universal since... 1997. I tend to stick right to Disney... but I really must fix this after seeing your lovely photos!

You can add my vote to the mix too! :laughing:

Yes, they are probably secretly happy you don't like chocolate ;)

That is so wonderful. You must really leave the most wonderful impressions on them all for them to continue to remember you and treat you so well :goodvibes I grew up in the restaurant business and summer after summer I'd see the same people--but usually only once or twice a year--but you always remember your favorites :goodvibes

:rotfl: I would certainly have been a happy dinner companion at each spot!

Wow, the pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I confess I haven't been to Universal since... 1997. I tend to stick right to Disney... but I really must fix this after seeing your lovely photos!

Oh we definitely need to get you back to Universal!!!

I am actually quite jealous you`ll get to see all the changes since then through fresh eyes....I`d love to see it all "as new" for the first time again.......my goodness the changes you`ll see!!!

Yes, a lot of the people at the hotel we`ve known for many years, some since 2009, so it really does like feel like seeing family again for some of them. And we keep in touch with many away from our trips, so we do know many well. I think you know what I mean since you`ve been in the hospitality industry.....you do get to know many folks, and it is lovely. In 2018 when we visited 5 times in the one year, one of the managers joked we were like the stars in Vegas and should be given residency like they do.....lol......

Oh yes, they`re both secretly glad I don`t like chocolate cake......less to share.....:cake:

As gorgeous as the castle is in photos with the Christmas light show, I can’t imagine how breathtaking it must be live and in person! Absolutely stunning! 🎆

I had forgotten about the pre-show napper. That made a huge impression on me because, Really?!! Who lays down in the walkway at a theme park to take a nap?! He’s lucky you had the foresight to get him moved before he really got hurt.

I admit my favorites might be the POE photos. With all the lights, it’s just something special.

Thank you for bringing us on this Christmas odyssey! 🥰

As gorgeous as the castle is in photos with the Christmas light show, I can’t imagine how breathtaking it must be live and in person! Absolutely stunning! 🎆

I had forgotten about the pre-show napper. That made a huge impression on me because, Really?!! Who lays down in the walkway at a theme park to take a nap?! He’s lucky you had the foresight to get him moved before he really got hurt.

I admit my favorites might be the POE photos. With all the lights, it’s just something special.

Thank you for bringing us on this Christmas odyssey! 🥰

Glad you`re enjoying reading along Maria...::yes::

You`re spot on......seeing it in person when the show starts does give you the chills....they have done a wonderful job of the whole show, music, lights and although small, the fireworks fit in well.

And yes POE is stunning.....we spend a lot of time just looking at all the hidden treasures that are strategically placed around......

lol....oh that guy was a real oddity. Thankfully not too many folks like that around...I think even the TM was a little bemused why someone would lay down where folks were going to be wandering around......and I`m sure they do see some very strange things indeed :wave2:

I just had a not so great day at work, and I came back here just to look at the photos again.

I’m sitting in my flannel jammies, with a cup of hot Earl grey and the Christmas tree twinkling while a Hallmark Christmas movie plays. I’m going to find some holiday cheer and lift my mood, and this is just the place to do it! ⛄🎄🎆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter