May Pre-Trip & Trip Reports

Lynda, Thanks so much for the great report. My son and I were just saying today how much we already miss the Fort and Trails End. Your pictures today did not disappoint!

For anyone at the Fort now (mid-May 2016) or coming in soon, can you go down to Trails End to check out this rumor?

http://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-trails-end-lunch.3511028/

Basically it says on weekends that the lunch "set menu" will be skipped and they will serve the breakfast buffet until 2pm.

If anyone wants to actually TASTE TEST a weekend breakfast buffet at, say noon, I bet TRS will reimburse you for your meal expense (he is such a busy little beaver I bet he won't actually see this to deny it.... :thumbsup2)

Waiting impatiently for a reply... :hourglass

Bama Ed

Ed -

We had dinner at Trails End 2 weeks ago and heard the server at the table beside us talking about this weekend change. haven't been back since to check.

For anyone at the Fort now (mid-May 2016) or coming in soon, can you go down to Trails End to check out this rumor?

Basically it says on weekends that the lunch "set menu" will be skipped and they will serve the breakfast buffet until 2pm.

If anyone wants to actually TASTE TEST a weekend breakfast buffet at, say noon, I bet TRS will reimburse you for your meal expense (he is such a busy little beaver I bet he won't actually see this to deny it.... :thumbsup2)

Bama Ed
I go on Friday until late Sunday and I will let you know

Bama Ed

We had dinner at Trails End tonight, (YUM), and our server confirmed that they'll be doing weekend a brunch buffet until 2pm. So there you have it. Wish we were staying into the weekend to try it, sounds amazing.

While I have never had the TE Lunch, I have heard less then favorable reviews about it.

Breakfast, however, is my most favorite meal, especially if someone else has made it. The sticky buns look outstanding too.

Just a quick trip report for the first half of the quick weekend trip. Just pulled in yesterday afternoon, first site they gave me was in loop 500 and backed up to the creek, went up and had to change... Creeks with a drop off from less than five feet from the campsite us a BIG no with a two year old that is not afraid of anything. So drove the car back up to the front and new site 732, which is at the tail end of 700. Not a huge site as if we had slide outs it would have been impossible. But it does back up the the old railroad tracks and it's been cool to tell the girls about them and walk them.

Whispering Canon's for dinner last night and it's started to rain in the boat back so we just walked back and did not stick around for the beach fireworks. Then walked the fort today and epcot and hs later.

Went to the Brunch Buffet, it was WAY too crowded to take pictures. But all the normal breakfast stuff was there with a Pesto Bowtie Pasta dish, Mac and Cheese, Fried Chicken and a few others. Yogurt is no longer in mason jars for this and just large tubs.

The hash was there which is important to me, but only on one side as it was double sided for most of the food except the carving station (ham and pork belly/Fresh Bacon) and the waffle, french toast bread pudding, syrup was on the right and the dessert/bread in the front...

Last edited:
Mich1073, your pictures are so nice, and your daughters precious. Keeps us waiting patiently until late December. Thank you so much for sharing. Glad you were able to change to a more comfortable site with your little person. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter