May Pre-Trip & Trip Reports

Alright!
gooooal.gif

I was getting worried that we were going to break the chain and not have somebody posting something from the month of May.

Yeah I was waiting for someone to post one, but it has not happened yet, so I figured I better start it.

Driving over to stay a POR tonight to be one of my best friends support for the Dark Side 5K. Thinking breakfast at TE will be order for her :)

Oldest DD informed us last week, that she could come along if we could find a campsite for the end of May instead of June (which I had booked way back in December!). I wasn't very hopeful, but the stars aligned, and we were able to find a tent site for the week before Memorial Day. Our very first Fort Wilderness stay is now officially in May. :)

Might be the only one :) there Mother's Day weekend for my DDs birthday.

I'll be at the fort from May 6th to the 15th :D
OK everyone. The bar has been set pretty high with the March and April TR threads. I hope you try to uphold or even better those that precede you. :-)

So... update as you can and be sure to post LOTS of pictures! I still have over a year before I'll be back and the TRs so far this year have been great.

j

Although I don't post much, i do check and read all the valuable info on here from you guys, we'll be headn down from indy to the fort from may 6-21, only our second trip, last time was 2008, so very excited!! Its me the wife and our 2 girls (17,19) and they couldn't be more pumped lol

I won't be there until August, but I love reading the trip reports along the way....

I'm with you peg110.........we will be there the first week of August also. These trip reports along with the pics really help build the excitement and anticipation of our upcoming visit to the Fort.

OK everyone. The bar has been set pretty high with the March and April TR threads. I hope you try to uphold or even better those that precede you. :-)

So... update as you can and be sure to post LOTS of pictures! I still have over a year before I'll be back and the TRs so far this year have been great.

j

That bar has been high ever since last August, that's why I was starting to worry when nobody was saying anything about May. Good to know we got some Disers going to be there.

We will not be there until the first week of August but I love reading all the trip reports!

August trip report leader? :rolleyes1

We just need someone to kick each month's thread off for those of us suffering at home and reading along.

Maybe early July you could start it with a pre-trip focus first (if it ain't already started)? I hate to beg but I will (before tiggerdad does).

Bama Ed

No problem! I am a teacher and have the summer off so nothing would make me happier than to start an August trip report thread! .
August trip report leader? :rolleyes1

We just need someone to kick each month's thread off for those of us suffering at home and reading along.

Maybe early July you could start it with a pre-trip focus first (if it ain't already started)? I hate to beg but I will (before tiggerdad does).

Bama Ed

Had some time this morning to type up a bit more detailed itinerary for our May 2016 Fort Wilderness stay. As I mentioned above, we were originally slated to visit in early June, but DD decided to use up some of her paid vacation leave before her summer session college courses begin. We were lucky to find a campsite for dates that worked for her and our new itinerary looks like this:

When: May 22-28 with 2 days extra on each end for travel to and from WDW
Who: Myself, my sons ages 4 and 11, and my oldest DD and her fiance - (DH and 14yo DD must stay behind due to work and school commitments, respectively)
Where: Standard Tent Site in 2 tents - one for me and the kids, one for DD and her fiance
How: Driving 16.5 hours from Central Texas with just a mid-size car and roof Thule cargo bin

We will have 5 day park tickets, no dining plan this time. We expect to eat most meals in the parks due to the limited space in the car (decided to leave behind most of our camp kitchen stuff other than a cooler for drinks and a smallish bin of snacks.)

We do have years of tent camping experience, but we have never stayed at the Fort, or quite so far from home. The furthest we've camped from our home is about a 3 hour drive. DD's fiance has no camping experience, so I'm hoping things go smoothly enough that this trip will get him on board for more camping trips in the future :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter