• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MAY Countdown!! This is it, folks

I am hoping we will not be over run by the kids but if we are im gona try hard to laugh it off and go to my next fun thing of the day.
My son's last day of school was today He got 4 awards and Had so much fun. Now only 2 more sleeps and we will have a blast in DL

Our sunday will look like this
Up 530
leave 7
store leave past moms house by 9am
check in about 2 or 3

then we plan to pool or DTD
(lego store for pics and price checks)
Wod store for Book (maybe get cars toy for cous and then be done with that, and back to room for pizza.

Watch fireworks from hotel or at least hear it
and watch Game of Thrones (lol)
Then we go to bed and get ready for 2 in half hours play in dl before go to DCA Mon

Yeah i cant wait i'm watching pirates for the 6th time in a month lol (all four of them)

I am hoping we will not be over run by the kids but if we are im gona try hard to laugh it off and go to my next fun thing of the day.
:thumbsup2 There you go! You sound so excited I bet nothing will ruin your fun!
Have an awesome trip and do come back to tell us! pixiedust:

i plan on taking notes and trying to keep things in order better this time and make tr lol

ty we will have a blast an my son is gona be getting the most stuff he just got gift for good grades soo hes happpy

i plan on taking notes and trying to keep things in order better this time and make tr lol

ty we will have a blast an my son is gona be getting the most stuff he just got gift for good grades soo hes happpy

Yea I am going to try and do that as well. Might be more pictures than words though. Last time I don't think I ever finished my TR. I think I left day 3 off completely.

2 more sleeps and we are off. I woke up at 4 am Fri and no 3 am Sat and I am going to bed earlier so getting up and driving down at 2 am will be a cake walk for me.

woohoo we leave tomorrow (i know tickers off but had to push it back one day)
all well cant wait.
Really hoping to see Mad t party now that looks so awesome i never got to see electronica i dont want to miss the one id enjoy lol

My son's last day of school was today He got 4 awards and Had so much fun. Now only 2 more sleeps and we will have a blast in DL

Our sunday will look like this
Up 530
leave 7
store leave past moms house by 9am
check in about 2 or 3

then we plan to pool or DTD
(lego store for pics and price checks)
Wod store for Book (maybe get cars toy for cous and then be done with that, and back to room for pizza.

Watch fireworks from hotel or at least hear it
and watch Game of Thrones (lol)
Then we go to bed and get ready for 2 in half hours play in dl before go to DCA Mon

Yeah i cant wait i'm watching pirates for the 6th time in a month lol (all four of them)

My husband signed us up for HBO go through our cable provider so he can watch the episode one night this week, haha.

I have one sleep left, leaving about 4 a.m. tomorrow, yippee!! :banana:

lol we know how to get hbo go on the laptop too hehe its cool

and we leave in about an hour (running late but its ok)

My husband signed us up for HBO go through our cable provider so he can watch the episode one night this week, haha.

I have one sleep left, leaving about 4 a.m. tomorrow, yippee!! :banana:

We are leaving early as well. 2 am for us though.

Cant wait. Got much of the packing done yesterday. Have to get to the grocery store for a few things, make sure the tire pressure on my car is good, fill up with gas and pack the car before getting to bed early.

Cant wait to walk through the gates and see the mouse!!

I just got back yesterday and had a great time.

Yes it was busy, but I knew that was going to happen.

I left around 8:30-9:00 on all grad nights because once CA closed the crowds grew crazy.

I didn't come across any rude people, well no more rude than normal.

On Friday I got there at 8:00am and was finished all the rides I wanted by 10:45am with the worst waits being Peter Pan having a 10min wait and Thunder Mtn having a 25 minute wait. I got FP for Space, Star Tours and Thunder Mtn early on in the day and used them at night. Star Tours had the worst (longest) FP line.

I stayed at Hojo and was in room 1401 (retro rate Disney veiw room). It was a very large room with comfy beds, although it did show its age. I stayed there in 1985 when I was a kid and when I got home my parents asked if there was a tv in the bathroom :rotfl2: I guess there was back in '85 but not now.

I can't wait to go back in Oct :goodvibes

I left around 8:30-9:00 on all grad nights because once CA closed the crowds grew crazy.
We did the same, the grads definitely changed the atmosphere of the park.

I stayed at Hojo and was in room 1401 (retro rate Disney veiw room). It was a very large room with comfy beds, although it did show its age.
How funny, we were in room 1406, right behind the elevators. I have to agree about the the beds, so comfy. we stayed at hojo from may 19-24.

We arrived this morning at PPH around 8:30 and checked in. They didn't offer a room upgrade so I asked how much it would be for a park view room and the CM said let me check for you. She came back and didn't say a word about the room but was tellin us about everything else so I asked again and she said oh yea we are upgrading you for free. So awesome. Room wasn't ready so we headed over to the park. Rode POC then headed to BBB for DDs makeover. Went great and DD is skipping and spinning everywhere. Headed over to DCA to ride Ariel's ride and now DW and DD are riding GZ. Next is AGs for lunch then we will probably go get situated in the room. DL didn't seem too busy but DCA feels packed.

We arrived this morning at PPH around 8:30 and checked in. They didn't offer a room upgrade so I asked how much it would be for a park view room and the CM said let me check for you. She came back and didn't say a word about the room but was tellin us about everything else so I asked again and she said oh yea we are upgrading you for free. So awesome. Room wasn't ready so we headed over to the park. Rode POC then headed to BBB for DDs makeover. Went great and DD is skipping and spinning everywhere. Headed over to DCA to ride Ariel's ride and now DW and DD are riding GZ. Next is AGs for lunch then we will probably go get situated in the room. DL didn't seem too busy but DCA feels packed.
Free upgrade!! Lucky you! :dance3: DL not busy and DCA packed? wow!
How do you like how the park is turning into? I did like it a lot!

We are in our room for a while. Might go back in a couple hours or might stay in and rest up for MM tomorrow.

I learned long ago never to ask for an upgrade. I have had a lot of success asking them how much it would cost (thus letting them know Im interested if the price is right). If they quote me a price I politely decline it and keep the normal room. But quite often they come back and say they will give us a complimentary upgrade.

If you straight up ask for the free upgrade (in my experience) they rarely give it. I think odds go up when you act like you might be interested in paying for it.
Not scientific or earth shattering advice but it works for me quite a bit.

I think DCA felt more crowded because of the construction and only one real way for everyone to go. Lines for big rides are long in both parks.

Finished AG and it was good. Seeing DDs face light up every time they blew the horn to announce the next princess was priceless. Cinderella was the 3rd princess announced and DD (who chose to be Cinderella at BBB this morning ) got so excited and said "that's me, I'm Cinderella too". Got great pictures of each princess with DD. Only complaint there really wasn't a lot of interaction. Each one said a couple sentences, signed our book, and posed for a picture and that was it. None spent more than a minute with DD which was disappointing for me but DD was happy so I can't complain too much.

Food was good and I walked out a lot fuller than I expected. Not sure we will need dinner tonight, or atleast not a big dinner. Might need a snack or something later.

I think the reason DCA feels so packed is the walls they have up around Carsland. You feel smushed walking around in those areas. Both parks were quite crowded when I was there last week. I should have postponed a few days.

Yes the walls are why DCA feels more crowded even though it likely isn't numbers wise.

Big day today. First MM to do FL and star tours. Then DCA to do Soarin, Ariel's again as then TSMM and the rest of the rides and shows. Then an afternoon nap or pool excursion if we feel like it. Then back to DL to scope out F! spot while one of us takes DD on rides (we take turns on that). DD saw a little of F! last night as we were leaving the parks and was so excited so we have to see that before WOC. Besides we can see WOC from our room it's great.

Just got back from our Memorial Day weekend trip last night. DCA felt a little more crowded then DLR to me, but both felt much less crowded than expected. Infinitely less crowded than Christmas break 2011, and much less crowded than previous Memorial Day visits IMO.

We slept in most days and never got out to the park before 1 PM at the earliest. Still squeezed in pretty much all the rides we wanted, but that omits some of the more popular ones like Indiana Jones and Space Mountain because we only went on what my toddlers could go on. The only attraction that looked like it had really substantial lines was Star Wars, and even that was around 60 minutes estimated wait at its longest IIRC.

Personally I was pleasantly surprised at how few people there were this Memorial Day. I'd wager a lot of folks are holding out for June 15th and later with Cars Land, the opening of the Carthay Circle Theater restaurant, Buena Vista Street, etc.

RE: grad night attendees ... we did see a number of them but they didn't really change the experience much for us. A few more teenagers sprinting through the park than usual, but nothing really rowdy or irritating or anything, even though we stayed until closing and also went to DTD to eat after closing. I think that one's going to be luck of the draw, it was mostly smaller groups when we were there, no big groups of grad night'ers spotted personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter