~ May 5, 2014 ~ Bahamas by Way of the Magic

Goldeelox9

Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008
Welcome to our thread for the May 5, 2014 Disney Magic Cruise. Come join the fun!

SailorMickey.jpg

Want to join in the Fish Extender Exchange? If so please come add yourself to the DOC on the FACEBOOK GROUP - Don't use Facebook?
EMAIL me at tripsbylisa@gmail.com !!!

Fish Extender list info: This is a list of those that wish to participate in putting gifts (purchased or homemade items) in other's "extenders" (anything hanging off the "fish" outside the stateroom door that is generally used to receive mail/etc. to your room) and receive same from others. If you have any questions about this- please feel free to email me and I will gladly explain in more detail.

FE Exchange

There was a question posted on the Disboards recently by someone asking about the origin of the FE exchange-

Originally Posted by wcw57 ü
How did this thing start? I mean, someone decided to have meets on the board and then people started giving each other gifts (I assume) which is real nice but who thought of the FE.....some mastermind deserves credit.((Did they have any idea that it would become a tradition? ((One person can have huge impact.((THANX!

Debbie (EpcotKilterFan on the DIS)
Yes I am the instigator of the Fish Extender üI had NO idea that it would get this big. I still laugh when I see LONG threads about fish extenders and their gifts.((The intent is to share with other DISr's. Put a gift in and if you get a gift in return that is a bonus! I always have fun passing out the FE gifts on the cruise. (My favorite quote from a guest in the hallway was.... "those things hanging on the doors must mean that there are children in the room"üü ((I am glad the tradition continues and can't believe I innocently started a phenomenon 4 years ago on the FIRST time through the Panama Canal(

The FE is not intended to be a gift exchange, thats what Secret Mickeys are for. If the thought of giving gifts to 100 cabins is overwhelming then dont, just give what you want to whom you want. Its giving not receiving....thats what Pixie Dust is all about.

So there you have it!

Now on to the Fish Extender List

I will also list it as a DOC on the FACEBOOK GROUP.

The Cut off to join our Fish Extender Exchange is April 1st!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

Hi

Thinking of doing this cruise.

Well we ae doing A Cruise and even though weird, i always decide which exact cruise by going through the disboard meetnd greets andsee who is joining in.

The before posting is almost as fun as thecruise itself.

I ended up reading parts of your trip report about your wedding.

We got Married at the Wilderness Lodge last year FEB 24 2012....
and honeymooned on th Magic.

I have a son and daughter in law that live on the outskirts of Baltimore, so we already have a bit in common.

I will let you know if and when we officially choose this sailing.

Hi! Glad you read some of my trip report. So far most of my guests from the wedding are joining us on this cruise. There are 6 cabins of us all so far. You should come check out the facebook page. I think it gets a bit more action during the day.

That is awesome that you are a Disney Bride too. Where do they do the weddings at the Wilderness Lodge?

Hi, this is our very 1st Disney cruise...very excited and a year is gonna DRAG! We are traveling with our by then-11-year-old daughter, and 8-year-old son, and look forward to meeting some fun new friends. Planning a trip to Islands of Adventure prior to cruise...went with just the husband over 10 years ago before our first cruise. Any opinions for Disney vs. Universal in regards to our kids?

kgb411 said:
Hi, this is our very 1st Disney cruise...very excited and a year is gonna DRAG! We are traveling with our by then-11-year-old daughter, and 8-year-old son, and look forward to meeting some fun new friends. Planning a trip to Islands of Adventure prior to cruise...went with just the husband over 10 years ago before our first cruise. Any opinions for Disney vs. Universal in regards to our kids?

This is our first cruise too. We are also doing DW, Universal and Gatorland. Trying to figure this DIS board out.....and the fish extender.

Hello!
We have booked this cruise and I am counting down along with you!
(My counter says 405 days!) :p

DH, DS1, and I cruised the Wonder in 2001. We have not cruised since, opting instead for lots of land trips. (Kenney Klan - we love Gatorland).

The cruise will be part of a 14 day vacation to FL... we rented a house from 5/3 - 5/17... before and after the cruise we are doing a handful of WDW days and possibly Gatorland or Holyland Experience. We haven't done IoA or US since 1998 - so no help there, I'm afraid. :(

I don't want to wish my life away counting down the next 405 days, but it sure is fun to see that number slowly and steadily decline.

Hello Everyone,
My family just returned yesterday from the Disney Magic cruise that departed from Galveston. That was our very first cruise and we are hooked. My family had a blast, so we booked our second cruise while on board. We are so excited to join you all and look forward to doing FEs. We did them this past week and it really elevated our crusing experience. My very young children loved coming back to the room and finding gifts waiting for them. My oldest would gasp at everything as if it were the best thing in the world. I loved it. Now we are looking forward to joining Disney for some more Magic next year! We are really excited about enjoying the refurbished boat as well. They are adding some Avengers things to the Oceaneers Club and Lab, and my son is looking forward to that. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Ayla

Hi my family and I are going on this cruise and it will be our first cruise together! I did take the big red boat cruise when I was 14 lol ! I originally booked April 21 but just switched over to this May 5 th cruise and am excited for it! We are booked in one of the "secret" verandahs and a inside room across the hall. I will be sailing with my husband and 4 kids...... 13 yr old, 11 yr old, 6 yr old boys and our 4 year old little girl. We defiantly want to do the FE!!!! Look forward to meeting and sailing with u al!

Hello everyone,
We recently booked this cruise. We are going to do a B2B cruise and sail on the May 2 cruise also. This will be our forth and fifth cruise with Disney and are very excited! It will be me, DH, DD(7) , and DS(5). I am up for any meet ups and the fish hook gift exchange- I am unsure how it works. As it gets closer I will need more explanations:).
Rachel

Well
We got married on our balcony over looking the pool area. We had our own justice of the peace come to the hotel and had 2 friends there with us. Everything proved by Disney as they don't offer anything like this they said was fine to do it

Can't wait to do this 4 day. I'm bring my DM, DD, and DGS. So excited to see their reaction to the ship and Castaway Cay.:cool1:

My family will also be cruising on this cruise! It is our first cruise the kids are 7,4 & 4! We will be celebrating my oldest sons 8th birthday on may 6th while cruising! I am also new to the boards :yay:

I opened a new account because I don't use that old email acct, but we had booked a Disney Cruise back in 2010. Sadly, we had to cancel because my sister was deployed oversees and we had to take in my niece and nephew last minute. Since we decided to have our 3rd, and final, child we postponed this trip until now! :)

My daughter does allstar cheerleading and we will be at a competition in Disney World the days prior to this cruise. I need you all to give me strength to KEEP THIS CRUISE A SURPRISE FROM THEM!

The plan is making them all think we're heading home from a mini Disney vaca to getting on the ship. I seriously get choked up just thinking about their reactions!

We definitely want to be part of the exchange, but we still need to officially book...which we wil be doing in about 2 weeks. I look forward to getting to know all of you!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter