• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 30 2016, Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise meet.

oops Deleted post bc just realized can't post a google doc link for FE. I didn't realize since it wasn't an external social media site and we use google docs at school for an easy way to organize information collectively. If you are wanting to join the FE please pm me your info and I will get you put in a group and pm a pdf like the site suggests.

Last edited:
I realized this right after i posted so I changed my post to reflect the recommended way. I thought it was just links to social media sites. we use google docs spreadsheets at work and it's so common and a great way to organize, I didn't realize it was a no-no.

I realized this right after i posted so I changed my post to reflect the recommended way. I thought it was just links to social media sites. we use google docs spreadsheets at work and it's so common and a great way to organize, I didn't realize it was a no-no.
Yeah, I don't really get it either, but "them's the rules". Apparently that site is considered a "social media site":
http://webtrends.about.com/od/socialnetworkingreviews/tp/Social-Networking-Sites.htm

We are cruising in July, but I was trying to see what time some of the Disney excursions are scheduled. Could someone please let me know what time Disney offers the Mushers Camp and Dog Sled (SW24) and the Klondike Rock Climbing and Rappelling (SW02) when you are in Skagway? Thank you so much.

Has anyone seen anything on a chocolate pairing event on the trip? We are signed up for the mixology and don't want that to be on the same day.

We are cruising in July, but I was trying to see what time some of the Disney excursions are scheduled. Could someone please let me know what time Disney offers the Klondike Rock Climbing and Rappelling (SW02) when you are in Skagway? Thank you so much.

Oh right folks. Everyone should be PIF by now. That was my point of no return. Flights, hotel, rentals all booked, so now I can say I'm officially booked on this sailing.

It's just DW and I - no kids this time. So no FE for us, but I'll probably join a mixology class. DW doesn't drink.

[....]
We're flying into Seattle the night before. Renting a car and driving over. Staying at the Best Western uptown and dropping off car right at the port. Same thing for the way back. Flying off Seattle in the red eye. Used miles for the flights. Car was $75 each way, hotel a lot cheaper with free parking and free breakfast.

{edited by a moderator to conform to board rules outlined here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...ise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/}

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all paid now.

Got trip tic from AAA we will be driving up. Staying at the Sheraton Wall. Now need to make parking reservations.

Then to start to plan out the FE

I booked this cruise last month. It will be just me and my daughter 14. It will be our 10th Disney cruise but first Disney cruise to Alaska. We haven't been on the Wonder since 2009, so looking forward to sailing her again. :)

Is anyone staying at the Pan Pacific at the cruise terminal? If you are, how are you getting to and from the airport? I currently have both that and the Fairmont airport booked while I decided which to keep.

We are staying at the Pan Pacific. It seems that transportation options are easy and not too expensive. I have heard a cab is about $35 from the airport. Being met at the gate by a private driver is about $75. Then there is the sky train that goes directly from the airport to the Pan Pacific for about $9 per person. My understanding is that there is plenty of room for luggage on the skytrain at most times.
The Pan Pacific offers the luggage transfers without the package. You just have to call bell services.

We are staying at the Pan Pacific as well....hadn't decided if worth trying to get all our luggage on sky train or just taking a cab yet. Guess it will depend on what our suticase situation looks like when we get packed.

We are staying at the Pan Pacific as well....hadn't decided if worth trying to get all our luggage on sky train or just taking a cab yet. Guess it will depend on what our suticase situation looks like when we get packed.

I feel the same way. Guess it depends on how adventurous I feel whether we get a cab or take the train :)

We just booked this cruise, kind of spur of the moment. My husband Keith and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary, which I thought was a great excuse for another Disney cruise!

We've never been to Alaska, so I'm really excited to check it out. We debated taking the train up from San Francisco, but the cost and timeline didn't really work for us. We're flying in Saturday, then probably renting a car to check out Victoria, and then spending a few days in Vancouver after the cruise.

Other than Palo brunch, I don't think we're going to do many excursions or other stuff (we did Palo and Remy on the Dream), my husband is very laid back and go-with-the-flow type. At least I know we can do the Mendenhall glacier on our own!

FYI....we have a pre-cruise postcard swap for kids. If you're interested message me your email address and I'll send you the link. We also still have a fish extender group that is open. (It will close Mar. 31)

It's getting closer!!!!! We're so excited!!

Hi,
Our family will be on this sailing. It's our 2nd Disney cruise, and first time posting on Disboards. I'm interested in getting more details about the fish extender group.

Dawn

Hi,
Our family will be on this sailing. It's our 2nd Disney cruise, and first time posting on Disboards. I'm interested in getting more details about the fish extender group.

Dawn
It's groups of 10 cabins....if you want to sign up, pm me your info (names/ages of children if any, etc) and we can get you added and send you the file.

Hi,

Dawn

Yes, what richkaryn said. (BTW, Karen, I love your Disboard name!) I also wanted to add that the Fish Extender groups are closing March 31 so if you're interested be sure to sign up before then.

80 more days!!!!

It's groups of 10 cabins....if you want to sign up, pm me your info (names/ages of children if any, etc) and we can get you added and send you the file.

Thank you. I'll get my post count up in the test thread and PM you shortly. Appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter