May 30 2016, Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise meet.

So what all is needed to be done to setup a meet and greet on the ship?
When is it normally done?
After the party before dinner?
I may volunteer to set it up but need to know what and how.

Thanks

Dan

So what all is needed to be done to setup a meet and greet on the ship?
When is it normally done?
After the party before dinner?
I may volunteer to set it up but need to know what and how.

Thanks

Dan
Sorry, I don't know the answers, but I appreciate you doing this. I know it would need to be scheduled before or after Muster drill, which is usually around 4:00pm. Since some people may not board until after 2:00pm, I'd guess after the sail away party would be easiest.

I sent an email to DCL. The said we could do it informal at a public place or at a bar and if we needed to have bar tenders that would be $30 each with a minimum of 2. If informal they recommend a time around 2:30. What do you think?

I sent an email to DCL. The said we could do it informal at a public place or at a bar and if we needed to have bar tenders that would be $30 each with a minimum of 2. If informal they recommend a time around 2:30. What do you think?
That would be fine. I could take or leave the bartenders. I won't be drinking ( I take Bonine for motion sickness), but would pitch in for the bartenders if that's what everyone else prefers.

Ok I am getting the wheels in motion for our Meet and Greet. Let me know who is interested in this so I can tell DCL and get a time and area for us.

richkaryn-- My family and i have just switched to this cruise from the Fantasy due to some health concerns with my sister-in-law traveling to the Caribbean. We were part of an FE group for that cruise. I think I saw the post where the FE group you are organizing for this Alaska Wonder closed on March 31. However, I'm posting to ask if there is there any chance you would allow us to join at this point. There are 6 of us traveling, but the only ones with FE pockets are my parents and my 4-year-old nephew. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

oops Deleted post bc just realized can't post a google doc link for FE. I didn't realize since it wasn't an external social media site and we use google docs at school for an easy way to organize information collectively. If you are wanting to join the FE please pm me your info and I will get you put in a group and pm a pdf like the site suggests.

Has anyone seen anything on a chocolate pairing event on the trip? We are signed up for the mixology and don't want that to be on the same day.

Did you hear or find out anything about a chocolate pairing event on this trip?

FYI....we have a pre-cruise postcard swap for kids. If you're interested message me your email address and I'll send you the link. We also still have a fish extender group that is open. (It will close Mar. 31)

It's getting closer!!!!! We're so excited!!

I replied to a post by richkaryn with this information, but thought I would reply post to you as well given that my post count is too low to private message and I feel goofy posting random things to get my count up and the days are ticking by...
My family and i have just switched to this cruise from the Fantasy due to some health concerns with my sister-in-law traveling to the Caribbean. We were part of an FE group for that cruise. I saw the post where the FE group you are organizing for this Alaska Wonder closed on March 31. However, I'm posting to ask if there is there any chance you would allow us to join at this point. There are 6 of us traveling, but the only ones with FE pockets are my parents and my 4-year-old nephew. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

I called DCL and they said if they offer it that will be one of the events to sign up on the cruise ship.

DCL recommends the meet and greet to be at 2:30. I am waiting to hear the location from them.

Does anyone know if there will be a character breakfast on this cruise?
Typically all 7 night and longer cruises have a character breakfast. However the format has changed. It's now a ticketed event, and, on most ships, it's Disney Jr. characters. But I think the Wonder still has the Fab 5 characters. Or at least did a year ago.

Last edited:
Typically all 7 night and longer cruises have a character breakfast. However the format has changed. It's now a ticketed event, and, on most ships, it's Disney Jr. characters. But I think the Wonder still has the Fab 5 characters. Or at least did a year ago.

Thank you. Is it a free, ticketed event that you sign up for upon boarding the ship? Or do you sign up prior to boarding, and is there an additional fee?

Since I don't use any social media, I am out of the loop if there are any group special events scheduled (mixology, etc). If there is anything like that scheduled, can someone please copy/paste over here?

Since I don't use any social media, I am out of the loop if there are any group special events scheduled (mixology, etc). If there is anything like that scheduled, can someone please copy/paste over here?
Just sent you a private message

We are not allowed to copy and paste. We have fish extender groups, but they are all closed now. However, there is a pixie dust group for latecomers that you could sign up on. The Mixology group is closed. We do have a sign up for the meet & greet on embarkation day though. I'll PM you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter