• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

Just watched the Wonder go through one of the locks in the Panama Canal. She is that much closer to Alaska!!!

That was a really cool video! :goodvibes

Hello everyone!

I will be sailing the 9 night cruise!! This will be my 4th disney cruise but my 1st cruise solo.!! I hope i can meet people while on board!!!!
:)

:wave2: Welcome!

I think you have done a wonderful job. I think it is going to be fun. I just misunderstood thewoods:blush:

My kids and I looking forward to this. Thank you for organizing this.
:flower3:

Thank you! And actually my note was for all in case there were other questions while I was trying to get the lists out. :faint:

You know, we've all become friends - how about we all take a cruise together NEXT WEEK???

:cheer2:

:rotfl: I am SO in. Race you! :boat:

Karen Mills is setting up a private chocolate tasting. If you are a part of the FB group sign up there. If you aren't and would like to join the tasting, find someone who is on Facebook and have them message me with the names of participants, and room numbers. This is for those over 21.

The cost is $30 per participant and it will be billed to your stateroom.

We are setting this up last minute so contact us by 4PM Eastern by tomorrow (Wednesday May 14). The event will be either May 25 or 26 at either 2PM or 4PM. Vote on the FB page if you have a preference.

You can also email me. karen_e_mills at hotmail . com

Got our stateroom assigned yesterday to deck 2, 2147... We're probably still going to enquirer about port upgrades but happy we got a 10C with the split bath!

I read online that we would be tendering in Sitka. Does anyone happen to know if the tender boat will drop us off in the main part of town or would we have to walk a bit to get to downtown? I printed off a map online and it looks like there are three places that ships can tender...hopefully it's one of the closer ones to town! :)

Hi folks!!!

Not much of a social networker here. Just checking in the say hi (HI!) and trying to NOT get too giddy about next week. Still have 3 shifts at the fire station and need to stay kinda' focused on that until I am off.....

Question of the Day: with all of the issues regarding Canada Place/Pan Pacific/Ballantyne transportation issues (& the probable mass confusion @ CP with the ships arriving there.....) my lovely luscious Bride and I have pretty much decided to just grab a cab for transportation to Ballantyne. Soooooooo..... How long of a cab ride is it? And how much will it (approximately) cost?

TIA for the help!

I read online that we would be tendering in Sitka. Does anyone happen to know if the tender boat will drop us off in the main part of town or would we have to walk a bit to get to downtown? I printed off a map online and it looks like there are three places that ships can tender...hopefully it's one of the closer ones to town! :)

We will not be tendering in Sitka. We will actually port at the Old Sitka Deep Water Dock. Shuttles will then take us to downtown to Crescent Harbor.

Here's a link to all of our ports and docking locations.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51188271&postcount=1534

Hi folks!!!

Not much of a social networker here. Just checking in the say hi (HI!) and trying to NOT get too giddy about next week. Still have 3 shifts at the fire station and need to stay kinda' focused on that until I am off.....

Question of the Day: with all of the issues regarding Canada Place/Pan Pacific/Ballantyne transportation issues (& the probable mass confusion @ CP with the ships arriving there.....) my lovely luscious Bride and I have pretty much decided to just grab a cab for transportation to Ballantyne. Soooooooo..... How long of a cab ride is it? And how much will it (approximately) cost?

TIA for the help!

The cab ride will be about 6 minutes from Canada Place. I imagine it will cost you about $15 CAD.

Hey all,

I am curious if there are others of my faith traveling. I've heard there is a non denominational service on Sundays but it would be nice to have an LDS service if there are enough of us traveling. Speak up if you're here. :goodvibes:

Just curious.

Kathy P

My TA recommended shoretrips.com and I'm glad she did. I hate large groups on excursions since I seem to get stuck in back and can never hear. They not only saved me about 15% off of what Disney charges but they also max their groups out at about 35 vs 100 so it makes for a better experience for the kiddies. Cant' wait to try it. Anyone else doing the whale watching and Mendelhall Glacier this trip?

I've read these boards for years, but I guess I never created an account.
My wife and I are getting excited for this trip, I've almost read the entire thread. This will be our 3rd DCL trip in the last 13 months, but first time to ALASKA

I tried to PM to get in the FB Group, I guess I have to post more.
If anyone wants to invite me, my email is (my username here) at hotmail.com

We are in an ocean view room on deck 2, our first DCL sailing without a veranda. I'm okay with that, I figure we wont be in the room much anyway.

Looks like we found the FE a little to late, theres always next time.

Did anyone find confirmation that there will be "free" provided transportation from Canada Place to Ballantyne?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter