May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

pequele

Some people think they are cool because they can h
ROLL CALL for the May 24, 2014 Wonder's 9 Night Cruise to Alaska as of 2/26/14 (page 77)

Please also check out the cruise's closed group Facebook page if you are on there! You will find some people on our trip there that you will not find here. 2014 Wonderful Alaska

If you are interested in signing up for the FE, please add your information here:

Click here to if you want to join our FE Exchange

ATTENTION: It has been reported and confirmed by Disney that our cruise is leaving from the Ballantyne Pier and NOT Canada Place. Parking is, however at Canada Place and the cruise will conclude at the Canada Place Port. It has also been reported that there will be shuttle service from Canada Place to Ballantyne Pier. Please check your documents carefully.

Come meet everyone at 3pm on embarkation day in the Promenade Lounge!! ALL ages welcome. We are also looking at having a group picture done as well as a Ladies Tea (with more than just tea!) both with dates, times and locations TBD.

Who's going? :grouphug:

Please enter your info on the following links for a complete roll call. I will keep a shortcut list posted here for quick reference.

Alaska May 24, 2014 Roll Call Form

See Who's Cruisin' - Alaska May 24, 2014

pequele:
VGT
Stephanie (Mommy)
Oliver (5)

MoonDaughter23:
GTY
Koko
Mojo (13)

Frodo UK:
room 7128
Albert
Ann

RweTHEREyet:
deck 7
Janet
John

PeeBee Bridger (SIL to RweTHEREyet):
deck 7

disneyfaninaz:
deck 7
Wendy
DH
DD (13)

ksoehrlein:
self
DH
DD (14)
DS (11)
additional cabin for the in-laws

MousseauMob:
Ellen
DS (18)
DD (11)

pilk and Photographer Goofy:
Jon (pilk)
Candida (Photographer Goofy)

Himmin:
"we"

ShelsGoingToDisney:
deck 8
Shelley
Sean (DH)
Joey (14)
Ally (11)
Sam (9)

chris31997:
deck 6
Chrissy
DH
DD(16)
DS(8)

Pinocchio #1 Fan and The Maleficent One:
room 2515
Benjamin (Pinocchio #1 Fan)
his beautiful wife, Kathrine (The Maleficent One)

XebainSotau:
room 2642
Tigger
Dezzy (DW)

mrobin023:
room 7570
Michelle
Kris
Alex (20)

threebritts
Heather
Tom
Beathany (14)

VowRenewal13
room 6642
Linda
Ed
DD Chris

mirving
room 6631
Melissa
Carrigan -DD (5)
Cindy -Melissa's DM

ppartekim
Mike
DW

tryin

renegade7
room 6134
Johanna
Andrea

cmcgospurs
2 rooms
Chris
Anna
Abby DD (4)
Glenda MIL

lesabrowning
Lesa
Greg
Macy DD (12)
Morgan DD (20 months)

JimB.
room deck 5
Jim
Rachel

RayOfRedondo
self (Ray?)
Vince (brother)

scottrob
deck 6
Scott (?)
Penny

Saratoga75

Autumn Fairy
Liz (self)
Bobby (DH)
Autumn (DD 8)

mrp4352 and mstxmom
room 2008
Michelle (mrp4352, 41)
Vicki (mstxmom, DM to Michelle)
Eve (DSis to Vicki and DAunt to Michelle)

Arizona Rita
Rita
Chris DH
Lauren DD (17)
Eric DS (20)

mmcxiiad
self
wife
(kid free ;) )

N365PA and Hamm1207
on B2B
room 2554
Clint (N365PA)
Sarah (Hamm1207)

hygienist999
Allison
Roddy

katpen5
Kathy
DH
DS(16)
DS(14)
DS(11)
DD (7)

sambycat
self
DH
DSS(20)
+pals husband and wife couple (same room?)

bksaffle
self
DD

Marla Hellwig
room 7620
B2B (?)
Marla
DD Kara (23)

ImprovGal
self

Jackson's grammie
Elaine
Heather (Jackson's mommy)
Jackson (4)

sherri675
Sherri
Chad DH

Sweetpeabass
Shannon
Tristan DH
Heather family friend

TinkLoverSam
Samantha
Wes DH

kjack89048
Kristen
Edward DH

sweetlovin'
self

sorceressk
Kristina 29
Paul 29

ndloewen
Nichole
Brad DH
Kailyn DD (14)
Joshua DS (11)

sls239
Sarah
DH
DS (7)

nitrame

Important dates to remember:

When can you book excursions, spa appointments, adult dining, etc?

**Since this itinerary departs from a non-US port, final payment is due 120 days in advance of the trip (January 24, 2014) per current DCL policy. Please double check your documents in the event that DCL make changes to this date. We are not responsible for missed deadlines, we are only trying to HELP you plan your trip.**

New Cruisers (75 Days) - March 10, 2014

Silver CC Member (90 Days) - February 23, 2014

Gold CC Members (105 Days) - February 8, 2014

Platinum CC Members/Concierge (120 Days) - January 24, 2014

Helpful planning threads: :laundy:

Alaskan excursion reviews: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2723087

Alaskan must haves/do's: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2901147&highlight=seattle

Single post on excursion review with a lot of info: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45323149&postcount=748

B2B cruising: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067304

2011 Alaskan Cruise Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509915&highlight=alaska

May 19 San Diego to Vancouver (B2B with the 9 night Alaskan) 2014: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070167

Ideas of excursions offered in Sitka from another cruise line's website: http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruis...viewExcursions.action?destCode=A&portCode=SIT

Harv and Marv's excursion page: http://www.harvandmarvs.com/index.html

Disney Parks Blog- Skagway Activity for Kids: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ine-in-alaska/

Donald's Adventures In Alaska Photo Album: www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151519945894655.1073741825.300173409654&type=1

Alaskan Cruise book link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47960020&postcount=4

Sunset Magazine article on Sitkahttp://www.sunset.com/travel/northwest/sitka-alaska-00418000082523/

2013 DCL Alaskan Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122674

Personal Navigators from May 27, 2013 Alaska Trip http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ney+Cruise+Line+Blog)&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

2011 DCL Alaskan Trip Report http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-a-wonder-ful-alaska-may-30th-june-7th.759822/

Amtrak info from Seattlehttp://www.amtrakcascades.com/Seating.htm

:laughing:I'm in! :wave2: Booked this morning through DVC. Myself and daughter(14). Ready for the Alaskan Wonderness! :woohoo:

Never been before so I'm very excited.

party:

Ladies ONLY "Tea Party"
May 26th, 2014
11:30a - 12:30p
in my Stateroom

I hosted my first one on my Med cruise last summer and it was so nice I want to host one on every cruise.

** NO RSVP IS NEEDED: This is a very casual girl time social. Nothing fancy at all.

* I am not a fan of posting my stateroom number on this public thread so you will have to wait to get that info onboard. I will have a business card size reminder to hand out.

* Mimosas, Hibiscus and Sunrises will be served (in paper cups) for the Ladies of this group 21 and older. (Just juice is also an option for those who prefer non alcoholic beverages.)

* This is just for Ladies in this meet group (DIS and FB combined) so please DO NOT spread it around the ship.

* Sorry Men, but this is truly for Ladies Only. You are more than welcome to organize a Gentlemen Only meet up of your own. :thumbsup2

* While I would love to provide never ending beverages, I am not a wealthy woman so please be nice to me if the drinks run out quickly. :duck:

* If you find something better to do on the Personal Navigator at that time, no worries if you don't make it to the party. :goodvibes

* I do realize this is Memorial Day. No disrespect is intended by scheduling this event on the same day. I am a child of 2 veterans and salute every person who died while serving and fighting for this country.

:flower1::fish::flower1:

FE EXCHANGE

**We've reached the deadline for FE sign ups. I am very sorry but I personally cannot work on updates and adding anymore as this position is very time consuming and I must take the time to focus getting ready for the cruise.
For any who are participating and can still take on more families to exchange with you are more than welcome to work on this privately, but just have to stop. I apologize if this comes across as rude. I honestly don't mean to be. :goodvibes And I also apologize if this disappoints any of you, but I hope you can understand.

FE UPDATES FOR THOSE PARTICIPATING:
(All new info since the previous update will be marked with **)

** The Final Email Update group lists have been emailed out to Group Mickey, Group Minnie and Group Tinker Bell and Group Lost Boys on May 9 and May 10. Please check your SPAM if you did not receive it.

**In the emails I sent out there is a link to some important information about my plans for the FE once we get on the ship. I can't force you to read it, but it really does give a lot of info. Please read it? Pretty please? :worship:

** I shared extra information through the "This button will take you to your List FYIs" Button in the update email I sent out. Please know I am doing everything I can to share the same info with all FE Participants. I will share the same information here with a little extra detail:

1) I promise I have not abandoned the FE. I just have to stop the updates until we get on the ship because they are very time consuming and I need to get ready to go on this trip, plus spend time with my family who is coming all the way from Germany.

2) I will be at Promenade Lounge starting at 2:30p on Boarding Day (May 24) to give stateroom update lists to all FE Participants. I will not have extra full lists, but I will have a 1 page sheet with typed stateroom numbers and blank lines to write in the stateroom numbers not given to be before hand and for any port upgrades. Again I just cannot send out another email update because there are 17 different email segments I would have to send out because there were so many requests. 14 of them alone are for Group Lost Boys. I hope you all can understand and accept this reason. I am not meaning to frustrate or confuse anyone.

3) If you cannot make it to Promenade Lounge on boarding day I will also post an FE stateroom update sheet on my stateroom door(again I will not post that here on DIS so please wait until you get on the ship for my stateroom number or email me privately).

I hope this clarifies any confusion. It is not at all my intent to complain. I just want to make sure all FE participants have the information and I don't know what else to do to but keep trying. :goodvibes

** If after checking your spam box, you still feel you were missed for getting an update, please let me know by email. I don't want to mistakenly forget anyone. Thanks again in advance for understanding.

Group Reminders:

For anyone in Group Mickey, Group Minnie or Group Tinker Bell who joined the Lost Boys, please remember you are in 2 groups. You have not been switched over into just the Lost Boys. Your original group is based on the Group Lists sent out March 1.

Also for those of you in Group Mickey, Group Minnie or Group Tinker Bell also participating in Group Lost Boys, you are not expected to give twice to someone already in your original group. (Hopefully that was a given and I don't receive an angry "Now you tell me" email. :duck:)

** Stateroom assignments: There are still a few stateroom numbers in the FE we are still waiting on assignments for. I promise I am not holding out on stateroom assignments. Since DCL did not assign Stateroom numbers to those families still waiting before I could get out my final update we will have to wait until we get on the ship to get them. (Unless those families send out the info on their own before we board the ship). I will have stateroom update sheets to hand out but I WILL NOT have extra full copies of the FE Exchange lists. I will only have my master list.

General FE info:
We are separated into 4 groups of various sizes:
Group Mickey - Red
Group Minnie - Pink
Group Tinker Bell - Green
Group Lost Boys - Orange

* Each group has a name and a color assigned. If you tie a ribbon (or yarn or add a piece of duct tape, etc) to your FE with your groups' color it would help to be less confusing as people make their deliveries. Especially when staterooms change because of upgrades. Or even lists don't always cooperate with our plans. Sometimes they can blow away with the wind or just be stubborn and decide to stay at home. :rolleyes1 But if you know your group color all is not lost. :flower3: (Thanks to chris31997 for passing on that brilliant idea).
- These ribbons are just to help with identifying during the delivery process.
- If you see an FE that doesn't have your color a ribbon (or any ribbon at all), but you like them and want to give them an FE, go for it! :flower3:
- If you made enough gifts for 20 staterooms, but there are only 12 staterooms in your group, give the other 8 to whichever additional staterooms you chose. :goodvibes

If you have any other questions feel free to email me if you already have it. PMs will take a very long time for me to answer as I am trying to handle a lot at home and be ready for the cruise. If you PM me and I am not on DIS much the next 2 weeks before we leave I may not get your message.

FOR THOSE NOT PARTICIPATING BUT STILL CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT:

What the heck is an FE?
If you're brand new to DCL and have never heard of a Fish Extender or FE Exchange the best way to understand what we're talking about is to Google it. You'll become well versed very quickly. In May of 2012, I was researching for my 2nd DCL cruise and stumbled upon the subject. I had never heard of it. In less than an hour I found the meet thread for my cruise just to sign up for the FE. A year and a half later here I am as a first time FE Captain.

When was the last day of sign up?
**The initial deadline was February 22, 2014. The absolute deadline was May 8, 2014

I missed the sign up deadline, can I still participate?
While I do not want to exclude anyone, I absolutely had to stop accepting late signups on May 8th, 2014. Again I am very sorry, but I have to concentrate solely on my family and the finishing touches it takes to be ready to go. :goodvibes

If you still really want to participate, perhaps you can post your request and anyone who sees it who is able to exchange with you will send you a PM and you can exchange information that way.

-- I posted this next bit on page 53 of this thread, but I want to add it here as well...If there is someone who does not find this thread until a week before we board, this message is for you: Even if you didn't get to sign up for our FE, hang yours up anyway. Trust me you will still get surprises. Maybe not as many as you were hoping for, but you will. We did this on our Med Cruise knowing we would not be able to participate in an exchange and we still had to figure out how to successfully pack all the gifts we received in our FE. Our state room host even left us gifts. It was awesome!

Hi :wave2:! We booked via Dreams on Wednesday.

We are doing this back to back with San Diego to Vancouver and in a navigators cabin on deck 7.

Yeah! It will be me and DS (5). I am so excited! Only 463 days to go ;)

We are booked also, DH and myself, a couple of oldie but goldies. Have never been to Alaska and are very excited. So much planning and so many arrangements to be made, but that is part of the fun to me.

We booked 5A on deck 7. Ours was an OBB that we moved.

So glad you started this thread Pequele.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

:wave: Me too. We're onboard! It's me, DH and DD on Deck 7. We are also traveling with almost the same group we did our Pixar cruise with last year and are very excited!

My DD will be 13 on this cruise as well and will be looking for somebody to hang out with.

Hi :wave2:! We booked via Dreams on Wednesday.

We are doing this back to back with San Diego to Vancouver and in a navigators cabin on deck 7.

I wanted to try for the BTB, but school isn't out for us until May 22. So close!

:wave: Me too. We're onboard! It's me, DH and DD on Deck 7. We are also traveling with almost the same group we did our Pixar cruise with last year and are very excited!

My DD will be 13 on this cruise as well and will be looking for somebody to hang out with.

Just sent you a PM.

We're booked, but we're also booked for the May 24 Fantasy cruise. I know we can only keep one, but we're going to take a little more time to decide. Our family consists of me, my DH, 14-year-old DD and 11-year-old DS.

:banana::banana::banana: We're in!!! Me, DS(he'll be 18 on this cruise - :sad: how did that happen), and DD(she'll be 11 on this cruise)

removed not to confuse people with an un-updated list

looks like deck 7 is sold out ;) just kidding, but just from the group here, it is very popular!

looks like deck 7 is sold out ;) just kidding, but just from the group here, it is very popular!

Deck 7 is lucky! (Not really I just couldn't resist.:)) But it is one of my favorite numbers. We were on deck 7 for the Magic and Fantasy. But on this cruise we're on 5. This will be my first time for Deck 5...and on the Wonder...and to Alaska! :woohoo:

Woke up this morning obsessing about the cruise (it's going to be a long 16 months :rotfl2:) and I decided I wanted to watch some Disney Wonder Alaska videos on YouTube.

The very first video that we pull up is their day at Tracy Arm and they show some shots of the inside of their cabin and the outside of their door, and you won't believe it, but they were in the cabin that we have booked-so I have already seen the inside and some of the views we will have. How cool is that?

I have actually been trying to move us down a deck from 7 to 6 because it would be the same views and still have cabins above us (no clubs etc.), and a little bit cheaper, but I think this is a sign I need to stay put in the cabin we have booked right now. :goodvibes

RweTHEREyet said:
Did you book both of you with points? Do you mind my asking how many points it took?

I would also like to know since I haven't looked at a chart is the number of points based on category?

We are in for this one. It will be myself (Jon) and DW Candida (Dis: Photographer Goofy). This will be our second Alaskan with Disney. We did the inagural Alaskan run in 2011.

Jon

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it were. There are probably only a few rooms left now.

Woke up this morning obsessing about the cruise (it's going to be a long 16 months :rotfl2:) and I decided I wanted to watch some Disney Wonder Alaska videos on YouTube.

The very first video that we pull up is their day at Tracy Arm and they show some shots of the inside of their cabin and the outside of their door, and you won't believe it, but they were in the cabin that we have booked-so I have already seen the inside and some of the views we will have. How cool is that?

I have actually been trying to move us down a deck from 7 to 6 because it would be the same views and still have cabins above us (no clubs etc.), and a little bit cheaper, but I think this is a sign I need to stay put in the cabin we have booked right now. :goodvibes

You'll love deck 7. There are only staterooms above and below you and it is so convenient to get to Deck 9 and the secret deck on deck 7 aft.

You'll love deck 7. There are only staterooms above and below you and it is so convenient to get to Deck 9 and the secret deck on deck 7 aft.

Oh, I have no doubt about that, I was just trying to keep the same accommodations and maybe save a couple hundred bucks, but I am going to stay put.

We have snow here today, which we almost never get, and it is so beautiful, huge puffy snowflakes and beautiful cardinals swarming to my backyard feeders. If I get a descent picture, I will post one.

_DSC4038_zpsf97d011d.jpg

_DSC4109_zps03e7d3c0.jpg

_DSC4049_zps0f904f88.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter