• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

I have not actually looked at where they refunded the money-paid some with a CC, some with GC's--I just got the new confirmations showing a credit.

Has anyone (besides me) gotten anything indicating the cruise will now be leaving from Ballantyne Pier instead of Canada Place??

Has anyone (besides me) gotten anything indicating the cruise will now be leaving from Ballantyne Pier instead of Canada Place??

Yes, there has been a lot of discussion about this. We actually knew about it before Disney told us. :rolleyes:

You actually received something from DCL? I've just seen copies of emails back and forth between some of the DISers on our cruise posted on this thread.

Yes, there has been a lot of discussion about this. We actually knew about it before Disney told us. :rolleyes:
Aren't DISers awesome! :cool1:

You actually received something from DCL? I've just seen copies of emails back and forth between some of the DISers on our cruise posted on this thread.
I have forwarded to me from TA the actual DCL notification/communication to her. I can post it later when I'm on the computer, too challenging on my phone. :)

I just booked this cruise. VGT. I'm reading the updates as we go. I was booked for July 7th however the VGT ended up being 1500 less for more nights. Yay:cool1:

Yes my TA forwarded me the letter from DCL. I have posted about it here several times as well as shared emails back and forth between my TA and DCL regarding a shuttle from the Canada Place pier to the Ballantyne Pier. Take a look back at the posts through the last month and you will find tons of talk regarding this.

Yes, I got a message which looks like it was intended for my TA (which is doubly curious because we booked the trip through DVC) stating a departure from Ballantyne and return to Canada Place.

Minor bummer............

I did as well, on Feb 6, a message directly from DCL titled "Important Information About Your Cruise." I got one for both the Calif Coast Cruise and one for the Alaska cruise. If you booked thru a TA, this message may have gone to them.

Here's the email forwarded to me from my TA.

Important Information About Your Cruise

February 06, 2014

Guest Name: XXXXXXX
Reservation #: XXXXXX

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation for your clients. We look forward to welcoming them aboard the Disney Wonder 9-Night Alaskan sailing from Vancouver, and want to take a moment to share with them some helpful hints that will make their sailing more enjoyable. Your assistance in passing this information along is appreciated.

The Disney Wonder will depart on May 24, 2014, from the Port of Vancouver's Ballantyne Cruise Terminal, located at 851 Centennial Road, Vancouver, BC V6A 1A3 Canada. On June 2, 2014, the Disney Wonder will be returning to the Port of Vancouver's Canada Place Cruise Terminal at the end of the cruise. The Canada Place Cruise Terminal is located at 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1 Canada.

Embarkation Day
Remember on the day of sailing, all Guests must be aboard by 4:00pm or they will not be able to sail. Tip: Guests can make checking in at the port even quicker by checking in online at www.disneycruise.com/plan and select their port arrival time.

Citizenship Documentation
In order to board the ship all travelers including children, U.S. Citizens and all Foreign Nationals, are required to have a valid passport. U.S.Residents will need to have their Alien Resident Card.

In addition to a valid passport, many countries require an entry visa based on nationality to enter the United States and Canada. It is each Guest's responsibility to identify and obtain all the necessary visas before commencing the cruise. Because requirements may vary, Guests are advised to contact their travel agent, government agency, embassy or consulate for more information on required travel documentation for the port of embarkation and all ports of call during the cruise. Canadian Travel Visa information and required travel documentation can be found online at www.cic.gc.ca. Should you or your clients have additional questions or need further details, please call 1-866-DCL-6685 (407-566-7797) or visit www.disneycruise.com/plan.

Independent Flight Arrangements
If your client is not traveling on the Disney Cruise Line Air Program, please make certain that they have provided Disney Cruise Line with their independent air arrangements so we may plan for their arrival and departure. Please call us at 1-866-858-7565 so this information can be included on their reservation. Because of heightened international airport security, please allow ample time to the airport, flight check-in and security screening. To ensure that Guests have ample travel time from Canada Place Cruise Terminal to the airport, we recommend that Guests flying back to the United States depart Vancouver on flights after 12:00pm.

Flight Changes
In the event your client's flight schedule is modified or they need assistance while traveling, please have them call 1-800-395-9374 between the hours of 7am - 10pm (EST) Monday through Friday and 7am - 8pm (EST) Saturday and Sunday.

Parking in Vancouver
Parking is not available at Ballantyne Cruise Terminal. If your clients are planning on driving, we suggest they park at Canada Place Cruise Terminal. Complimentary motorcoach transportation will be provided to Ballantyne Cruise Terminal from Canada Place Cruise Terminal. Guests parking at Canada Place Parking Garage MUST make a reservation online at www.vinciparkcanadaplace.ca, or call Vinci Park (Canada Place) at 1-866-856-8080 or fax at 604-684-2254, prior to arrival.

Ground Transfers in Vancouver
If your clients are not traveling on the Disney Cruise Line Air Program or have not already arranged ground transportation for their departure from Canada Place Cruise Terminal, they should consider pre-purchasing ground transfers now. Ground transfers may not be available after vacation commencement. Disney Cruise Line offers transportation from Canada Place Cruise Terminal to the Vancouver International Airport and luggage transfer service to the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel. To add ground transportation to your client's booking, please call us at 1-866-858-7565.

As you can see, we've tried to think of everything to make this the vacation of a lifetime for your client.

We look forward to seeing them in Vancouver!

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

Ship's Registry: The Bahamas​

Honestly I have no idea. It was my impression, too. I asked her (my TA) to let me know what the price difference would be for the outside rooms and verandahs vs my 11C, how it would affect my OBC and what are the penalties...that is what she gave me was info on upgrade. I took it and ran. I was reading on one of these threads about the IGT, OGT and VGT that people had good luck getting upgrades at port (at the same prices as the discounts, I don't know for sure) :confused3 I'm just taking it as a LOT of pixie dust.
!
:tink: Don't you LOVE pixie dust!

I just booked this cruise. VGT. I'm reading the updates as we go. I was booked for July 7th however the VGT ended up being 1500 less for more nights. Yay:cool1:
:welcome: With those rates, our cruise may start to fill up! More days for less money! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping to get a dog sled excursion. Actually, the one in Juneau. I can't book until the 23rd so I'm holding out hope.

For those in the know, I have questions about the VGT/OGT/IGT fares. I've searched other threads and asked even on one of them but no answer as of yet

When you book these fares, do they start assigning rooms from lowest category to highest or highest to lowest? Also do they put people in order of when they signed up for these fares, like the first person who purchased is #1 and will be assigned first?

Reason I'm wondering, not that I care really, just excited to have a balcony, is because I'm curious if the earlier bookers of these fares will be filled into the lower categories and DCL fills them going higher so people who might have bought the 100th VGT have a higher category than the first person who jumped on board? Does that make sense? Again I don't care, I'm just excited to go to Alaska in 98 days!!!!

February 06, 2014

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation for your clients. We look forward to welcoming them aboard the Disney Wonder 9-Night Alaskan sailing from Vancouver, and want to take a moment to share with them some helpful hints that will make their sailing more enjoyable. Your assistance in passing this information along is appreciated.

The Disney Wonder will depart on May 24, 2014, from the Port of Vancouver's Ballantyne Cruise Terminal, located at 851 Centennial Road, Vancouver, BC V6A 1A3 Canada. On June 2, 2014, the Disney Wonder will be returning to the Port of Vancouver's Canada Place Cruise Terminal at the end of the cruise. The Canada Place Cruise Terminal is located at 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1 Canada.

Embarkation Day
Remember on the day of sailing, all Guests must be aboard by 4:00pm or they will not be able to sail. Tip: Guests can make checking in at the port even quicker by checking in online at www.disneycruise.com/plan and select their port arrival time.

In order to board the ship all travelers including children, U.S. Citizens and all Foreign Nationals, are required to have a valid passport. U.S.Residents will need to have their Alien Resident Card.

In addition to a valid passport, many countries require an entry visa based on nationality to enter the United States and Canada. It is each Guest's responsibility to identify and obtain all the necessary visas before commencing the cruise. Because requirements may vary, Guests are advised to contact their travel agent, government agency, embassy or consulate for more information on required travel documentation for the port of embarkation and all ports of call during the cruise. Canadian Travel Visa information and required travel documentation can be found online at www.cic.gc.ca. Should you or your clients have additional questions or need further details, please call 1-866-DCL-6685 (407-566-7797) or visit www.disneycruise.com/plan.

If your client is not traveling on the Disney Cruise Line Air Program, please make certain that they have provided Disney Cruise Line with their independent air arrangements so we may plan for their arrival and departure. Please call us at 1-866-858-7565 so this information can be included on their reservation. Because of heightened international airport security, please allow ample time to the airport, flight check-in and security screening. To ensure that Guests have ample travel time from Canada Place Cruise Terminal to the airport, we recommend that Guests flying back to the United States depart Vancouver on flights after 12:00pm.

Flight Changes
In the event your client's flight schedule is modified or they need assistance while traveling, please have them call 1-800-395-9374 between the hours of 7am - 10pm (EST) Monday through Friday and 7am - 8pm (EST) Saturday and Sunday.

Parking in Vancouver
Parking is not available at Ballantyne Cruise Terminal. If your clients are planning on driving, we suggest they park at Canada Place Cruise Terminal. Complimentary motorcoach transportation will be provided to Ballantyne Cruise Terminal from Canada Place Cruise Terminal. Guests parking at Canada Place Parking Garage MUST make a reservation online at www.vinciparkcanadaplace.ca, or call Vinci Park (Canada Place) at 1-866-856-8080 or fax at 604-684-2254, prior to arrival.

If your clients are not traveling on the Disney Cruise Line Air Program or have not already arranged ground transportation for their departure from Canada Place Cruise Terminal, they should consider pre-purchasing ground transfers now. Ground transfers may not be available after vacation commencement. Disney Cruise Line offers transportation from Canada Place Cruise Terminal to the Vancouver International Airport and luggage transfer service to the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel. To add ground transportation to your client's booking, please call us at 1-866-858-7565.

As you can see, we've tried to think of everything to make this the vacation of a lifetime for your client.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

NM. It says complimentary shuttle will be provided from the cruise terminal. Do you think we will get more information regarding specifics?

:welcome: That's sounds like an awesome deal.

Yes, I got a message which looks like it was intended for my TA (which is doubly curious because we booked the trip through DVC) stating a departure from Ballantyne and return to Canada Place.

Minor bummer............

February 06, 2014

Dear XXXXXX,

Embarkation Day

Flight Changes

Parking in Vancouver

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

I got this exact same thing in the mail yesterday. I was afraid to open it at first because it was addressed to DISNEY VACATION CLUB, [DVC Rep's Name I don't want to disclose on a public thread] and then my address.

Completely threw me off. If I hadn't seen the words "your clients" in 1st sentence of the letter I would have thought I was the victim of identity theft. LOL Especially because the DVC Rep who booked me has a name that looks like a holiday greeting rather than a name. :laughing:

NM. It says complimentary shuttle will be provided from the cruise terminal. Do you think we will get more information regarding specifics?

It's my understanding the free shuttle is only for those who park at Canada Place. When I followed the link it was to reserve a space at the Canada Place parking structure.

More information from my TA from DCL about the Ballantyne pier. First she talked to them asking if they would be providing transport for people who did not park at Canada Place since the wording in the DCL email makes it sound like the complimentary transport if for people who have parking reservations. They told her that no you have to park to get the shuttle. The she emailed me a little while late with this:

OK, scratch what I just sent you. Luiz from DCL just called me back and you WILL get transfers from Canada Place to Ballantyne!
He also gave me a phone number for Embarkation Services in case you have any questions.

800-395-9374 (option 1)
Hours are Mon-Fri 7am-10pm Eastern
Sat/Sun 7am - 8pm Eastern

He said they will have a representative at Canada Place to direct you as to where to go for the transfer over to Ballantyne.

I wrote back and asked if we needed reservations and if there was a fee. Confirmed with her No fee and no reservations needed! :cool1:

So I guess our stay at the Pan is set and transport will be easy!:cloud9:

Getting jealous of all of you who have booked your excursions! Have to wait until 2/23 here being a lowly silver member!;)

:welcome: That's sounds like an awesome deal.

I got this exact same thing in the mail yesterday. I was afraid to open it at first because it was addressed to DISNEY VACATION CLUB, [DVC Rep's Name I don't want to disclose on a public thread] and then my address.

Completely threw me off. If I hadn't seen the words "your clients" in 1st sentence of the letter I would have thought I was the victim of identity theft. LOL Especially because the DVC Rep who booked me has a name that looks like a holiday greeting rather than a name. :laughing:

It's my understanding the free shuttle is only for those who park at Canada Place. When I followed the link it was to reserve a space at the Canada Place parking structure.

Please see my post (from page 65 on 2/10) from my TA regarding her discussion with Luiz (and his contact information) regarding the shuttle from Canada Place to Ballantyne and how it WILL be available to all even without parking for free and without reservations needed.

Please see my post (from page 65 on 2/10) from my TA regarding her discussion with Luiz (and his contact information) regarding the shuttle from Canada Place to Ballantyne and how it WILL be available to all even without parking for free and without reservations needed.

I read your post. It would be nice to get something in writing directly from DCL to this effect.

Deck 7 is lucky! (Not really I just couldn't resist.:)) But it is one of my favorite numbers. We were on deck 7 for the Magic and Fantasy. But on this cruise we're on 5. This will be my first time for Deck 5...and on the Wonder...and to Alaska! :woohoo:

We were on deck 5 on wonder in oct and loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter