May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

OK, you have stirred things up. I have now booked the San Diego-Vancouver sailing as well. My sil says she is sailing with us, so she and I will go San Diego-Vancouver and then DH will join us in Vancouver. :dance3:

I recognize that she can change her mind several times before any of this is to happen, but for right now we are B2B, San Diego-Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver. :cool1:

I'm so jealous! I would have loved to do the California Coast cruise up to Vancouver, but DD is still in school. :sad2:

OK, you have stirred things up. I have now booked the San Diego-Vancouver sailing as well. My sil says she is sailing with us, so she and I will go San Diego-Vancouver and then DH will join us in Vancouver. :dance3:

I recognize that she can change her mind several times before any of this is to happen, but for right now we are B2B, San Diego-Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver. :cool1:
Oooooohhhhh add me to the jealous category. I wish I could figure out the logistical (we don't fly, so driving to one port and ending in another is problematic) and financial ability to do this. But I would LOVE to sail under the Golden Gate bridge!

I'm so jealous! I would have loved to do the California Coast cruise up to Vancouver, but DD is still in school. :sad2:

My little one is 30 years old, so I don't have to worry about that anymore. But, I will be in a fix if all of a sudden my son and his bride decide to start their family and have a due date around that timeframe.

Oooooohhhhh add me to the jealous category. I wish I could figure out the logistical (we don't fly, so driving to one port and ending in another is problematic) and financial ability to do this. But I would LOVE to sail under the Golden Gate bridge!

How about a rental car?

I did move an OBB, so there is a discount, and since my SIL and I are sharing the fare, it isn't bad at all. And, flying into San Diego will be cheaper than going into Seattle and much, much cheaper than going into Vancouver.

Right now I am pumped up big time, but I do know a lot can happen between now and May 2014.

And yes, sailing under the Golden Gate will be amazing--had not even thought about that. I love San Francisco, but how to decide what to do with only one day.

But wait, you can't be jealous, you have already been to Alaska and have done this stuff and know what to do while some of us are just floundering around. ;)

Great now you guys have me thinking a skip down to LA to go to Disney for a few days before or after. I was born and raised in CA so to me it is nothing...it's for my son! Man I love to have him to blame for stuff ;). I'm not even sure I would get to see any of my family while there since they are all teachers and would not like get to go so close to the end of the year. Other family lives in Olympia if we fly through Seattle. But shhh that just doesn't sound as fun ahahaha.

Any extra days on a Disney vacation is Magical IMO. Enjoy!

I actually spent yesterday trying to figure out how to get to Disneyland myself after the cruise since we will not have gone yet for that year. :scratchin

I am also a bit envious. If school dates weren't a factor for me as well I would add on the San Diego to Vancouver as cost-wise it would work out better. But I am holding on to the hope that "someday my B2B will come". ::yes::

How about a rental car?
I've thought about that! Only problem is I'd need one from here to San Diego, then I'd need one from Vancouver to home. I even tried pricing trains - I'll keep looking and pondering but so far I can't make it fit!

But wait, you can't be jealous, you have already been to Alaska and have done this stuff and know what to do while some of us are just floundering around. ;)
Partially true - but this one is so different from the others which weren't DCL, that I'm still floundering a bit. Besides, I'm still jealous of the extra days on board and sailing under the Golden Gate bridge! :) ..... Did I mention sailing under the Golden Gate bridge!!! :lmao:

But I am holding on to the hope that "someday my B2B will come". ::yes::
You know when I sing this it doesn't quite have the same ring to it that "Someday my prince will come" - but I'm all over it, I'll take a B2B over a prince! ::yes::

Not sure I should have said that with my luck the tag fairy will strike and I'll forever have the "I'll take a B2B over a prince" in my Disname! :lmao:

Hello everyone. We are on this cruise too. This will be our second DCL to Alaska. We sailed in 2011, but it was in August. Looking forward to sailing earlier in the season.

We are also booked on the San Diego-Vancouver 5 day.

And count us in as another on deck 7.

Oh and us=myself and DH.

Looking forward to the planning.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Partially true - but this one is so different from the others which weren't DCL, that I'm still floundering a bit. Besides, I'm still jealous of the extra days on board and sailing under the Golden Gate bridge! :) ..... Did I mention sailing under the Golden Gate bridge!!! :lmao:

You know when I sing this it doesn't quite have the same ring to it that "Someday my prince will come" - but I'm all over it, I'll take a B2B over a prince! ::yes::

Not sure I should have said that with my luck the tag fairy will strike and I'll forever have the "I'll take a B2B over a prince" in my Disname! :lmao:

Too funny, and you are right, never know when that tag fairy will strike.

The Golden Gate, that will be so cool, and a full day in San Francisco, one of my most favorite cities. Wonder how much food I can eat in the 13 hours we are there--crab, boudin bread, Italian, Chinatown. Its going to be hard to pick.

Hello everyone. We are on this cruise too. This will be our second DCL to Alaska. We sailed in 2011, but it was in August. Looking forward to sailing earlier in the season.

Oh and us=myself and DH.

:wave: Nice to "meet" you!

Oh and us=myself and DH.

Cool, another B2Ber, and on deck 7, and :welcome:

Staying on the waterfront and taking an elevator to the terminal is BEYOND awesome. Talk about stress free convenience!

Ohhh yeh I like this idea...Pan Pacific...ok, check.

Hey all!!

We booked today!! We are booked on the California to Vancover cruise then the 9 Night Alaska cruise :goodvibes Eeek so excited and looking forward to sailing with you guys!!

AAAAAHHH I'd love that! Last year wasn't it the Pixar cruise? My son would DIE! Of course I'd have to see family for sure since I was basically born and raised in SF. You guys talking about sailing under the GG cracks me up as we used to walk across it all the time. To me, I'd be like "oh yeah, bridge!":rolleyes1 But I can understand the awe when it isn't something you have grown accustomed to. If you guys can and if they have one, make a trip down to Monterey. You won't be disappointed.

:rotfl2: you have now been ENABLED! :lmao:

Don't look up in case there are jumpers ;) and don't pick up hitch hikers swimming in the bay (San Quentin is where they have the GOOOOOOD prisoners :sad2: pirate: )

Ok list is up to date, let me know of any corrections or links you'd like to add on!

Love to be added to the list!
Booked category 4B the Family (5 person) Verandah room. From what I see these rooms are only on deck 8? We have a GTY for room assignment at this time.

Shelley (me), Sean (Dh), Joey (14), Ally (11), and Sam (9).

Ages are for the time of the cruise.

This will be our 2nd DCL cruise. We cruised the Fantasy Western Caribbean in May 2012.

Updated list:
Not quite sure how to do this other than keep it in line with the other threads, either that or people may not be able to find the original? What do you guys think?

I think it looks pretty. :laughing: :duck:

On my Med Cruise thread, one of the members has a Roll Call form for people to fill in as they joined the thread. And then she just has the link to it as part of her signature. Might end up being less work for you in the long run as the group grows. :grouphug:

I'll see if I can figure out how she did it and PM you when I do (Unless somebody else here already knows how). And then you can choose if you like the idea, love it or hate it and never want it.

Booked category 4B the Family (5 person) Verandah room. From what I see these rooms are only on deck 8? We have a GTY for room assignment at this time.

This will be our 2nd DCL cruise. We cruised the Fantasy Western Caribbean in May 2012.

:wave2:

On my Med Cruise thread, one of the members has a Roll Call form for people to fill in as they joined the thread. And then she just has the link to it as part of her signature. Might end up being less work for you in the long run as the group grows. :grouphug:

I'll see if I can figure out how she did it and PM you when I do (Unless somebody else here already knows how). And then you can choose if you like the idea, love it or hate it and never want it.

Ok, pequele, I've figured it out. Sending you a PM.

Welcome, glad you found us. Its great to join the thread so early on. When I have joined other cruise threads late in the game, I always felt that everyone already knew one another, although that wasn't necessarily the case--I just felt that way.

MoonDaughter23 said:
Ok, pequele, I've figured it out. Sending you a PM.

Gotcha back. On my phone again so I will play with a link to it hopefully tonight. We will figure this out in the next 459 days, I promise ;)

Welcome to everyone I haven't said hi to yet. Who's packed yet hehehe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter