May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

I am so glad to see all the positive reports here for renting a car through the Tourist that goes Undercover. I just rented a full-size SUV (would have gone with an intermediate, but full-size was $30 cheaper!) for 9 days in May for $722. I'll check again was time gets closer, but from what I've seen over the last year or so, I'm already pleasantly surprised with that rate these days.

I am so glad to see all the positive reports here for renting a car through the Tourist that goes Undercover. I just rented a full-size SUV (would have gone with an intermediate, but full-size was $30 cheaper!) for 9 days in May for $722. I'll check again was time gets closer, but from what I've seen over the last year or so, I'm already pleasantly surprised with that rate these days.
Just rented as well. I got a 10-day rental for $337. Unreal. Even if prices continue to go down, I'm still so far ahead.

This will be our first car rental through UT, but I can view my rental details through the Budget site after entering the confirmation number. The email from UT included the Budget confirmation number. Never used Fastbreak, but it lists that location as having it on the order confirmation page and gives instructions on where to go…I assume you can use it if you have it.

Yeah I also booked Budget through UT and can view rental on Budget website. . Right now it's the lowest prices to be found. Couldn't pass it up. Going straight to booth.

Last edited:

I might have to give UT a try again. Last time I did it, I couldn't link to my FB account (even after calling customer service). I am all about saving money!

When I cancelled my reservation made through UT, I received my full refund within 2 days on my credit card. I will have to look closer to see now if they have the $50 cancellation fee someone referenced above.

I'm so glad I checked this thread! Costco was $600ish for a 7 seater for 5 days, so I'm definitely going to try UT now! We are planning to see Doctor Strange while there in early may so this is perfect (and hoping not too good to be true!)

I did just book Budget through UT, and was able to immediately link it to my FastBreak account. So we will just head straight out to the garage. It will probably take longer to link the SunPass to it than picking up the car.

I did just book Budget through UT, and was able to immediately link it to my FastBreak account. So we will just head straight out to the garage. It will probably take longer to link the SunPass to it than picking up the car.
How'd you do it? I purchased a Budget Rental today and have been trying to link it. I can see my reservation when I use the confirmation code, but it doesn't show up as a 'upcoming rental' on my account.

How'd you do it? I purchased a Budget Rental today and have been trying to link it. I can see my reservation when I use the confirmation code, but it doesn't show up as a 'upcoming rental' on my account.

I logged in to my FastBreak account and brought up the reservation. I don’t think it showed on my reservation list, but it gave an option to do online check-in. I wasn’t able to complete it though because it wouldn’t accept my credit card #, but everything I entered up to that point was saved. I did go to the counter and the agent said I could’ve gone to the garage kiosk to add it.

I logged in to my FastBreak account and brought up the reservation. I don’t think it showed on my reservation list, but it gave an option to do online check-in. I wasn’t able to complete it though because it wouldn’t accept my credit card #, but everything I entered up to that point was saved. I did go to the counter and the agent said I could’ve gone to the garage kiosk to add it.
Thank you for mentioning this. I was not able to link it today but must be something I’m doing wrong. I’ll have to check again. Saved over $600 off the Costco rate and even got $19 back from Rakuten.

ETA I have still been unable to link it. Was there anything else special you do? I went to do checkin but it says the reservation is not associated with my profile

Last edited:
Finally saw some movement the good way. My 5 day rental on autoslash dropped $90 from 490 to 400 for 5 days. Costco rate saw a drop of around 40. Hopefully this is a sign we are heading in the right direction finally

ETA I have still been unable to link it. Was there anything else special you do? I went to do checkin but it says the reservation is not associated with my profile

I will be using my second rental with UT in May. I was not able to link my rental last year to my fastbreak account or the current one either. I waited in line at the regular desk.

I will be using my second rental with UT in May. I was not able to link my rental last year to my fastbreak account or the current one either. I waited in line at the regular desk.

Did you attempt to link your reservation to your Fastbreak account using the Budget App or Budget online? I remember reading that linking the reservation/fastbreak account through their phone App worked.

Did you attempt to link your reservation to your Fastbreak account using the Budget App or Budget online? I remember reading that linking the reservation/fastbreak account through their phone App worked.
I will check that, I was doing it from the computer.

When I brought up our UT reservation in my Budget account, it didn’t add it to my reservation list, but I was able to start online check-in, which I then had a problem entering my CC#. The counter agent acknowledged FastBreak # and said I could’ve added the CC# at the garage kiosk.

Anybody have past experience with booking a car through UT. I love them for park tickets, but never did a car rental before. They have Budget at some incredibly low offers right now versus going to Budget website itself. I'm wondering when you book through them if you can bring up your reservation on Budget website and add your fast break number to the reservation so I can go straight to garage?
I rented with UT last May and had a back up reservation just in case. With UT, you are unable to link your Fastbreak number so you can't go directly to the garage. I tried everything including sending my adult son to the garage when we got there but they will NOT link a Fastbreak number ahead of time to a 3rd party reservation. The line for the budget desk was approximately 100 people long. I don't know how quickly it would have moved but I only waited about 15 minutes before I used my backup Avis (straight to garage) reservation instead and got a refund on my UT reservation. I was a bit worried that the refund wouldn't work since it was so close to reservation time but I did eventually get it. I have heard from others that the UT reservation is valid and there are no issues providing you don't mind waiting if there is a line.

My next trip is 5/30-6/8. Looking at $700 right now so I may have to resort to UT again. I am also looking at Turo but those initial fees are deceiving. It gives you an approximate total but when you go to book, they add on about $100 in fees. Still would be cheaper (I can get a car with good reviews for just under $500). Still contemplating. :)

When I brought up our UT reservation in my Budget account, it didn’t add it to my reservation list, but I was able to start online check-in, which I then had a problem entering my CC#. The counter agent acknowledged FastBreak # and said I could’ve added the CC# at the garage kiosk.
Not true. I tried this last May. The garage agent will send you back to the inside counter.

Not true. I tried this last May. The garage agent will send you back to the inside counter.
Did you start the Online Check In Process with Budget before you got to the Airport?

Did you start the Online Check In Process with Budget before you got to the Airport?
Yes. I did everything I could prior to arriving including calling Budget directly. My son went to the garage to double check while I waited in a very long line inside. They would not allow us to check out in the garage with a 3rd party reservation. I have used Budget and Fastbreak many times so this was not a case of it being my 1st time renting with them. The reservation did show up in my account but if I remember correctly, I really couldn't change anything on it. When I would try to check in online, it let me input all the info but then would give me an error message. It's been almost a year so maybe someone has a more current experience with better results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter