May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

This will be our first car rental through UT, but I can view my rental details through the Budget site after entering the confirmation number. The email from UT included the Budget confirmation number. Never used Fastbreak, but it lists that location as having it on the order confirmation page and gives instructions on where to go…I assume you can use it if you have it.

Anybody have past experience with booking a car through UT. I love them for park tickets, but never did a car rental before. They have Budget at some incredibly low offers right now versus going to Budget website itself. I'm wondering when you book through them if you can bring up your reservation on Budget website and add your fast break number to the reservation so I can go straight to garage?
I used them in April 2021. Everything worked fine, which is why I was comfortable using them again this time. I had the confirmation printed out, but I didn't need it. I gave my license and credit card at the rental counter, and they had all our information. Last year, I ordered $10 tickets for some gator attraction that we never went to. This time I bought movie tickets that I know we will use.

I just looked at my email conformation at pick up and return listed at MCO - I know that budget has desks at both terminals. ETA - I added the reservation to my Budget profile and it states pick up and return at the airport.
My confirmation also said on-site at MCO.

This will be our first car rental through UT, but I can view my rental details through the Budget site after entering the confirmation number. The email from UT included the Budget confirmation number. Never used Fastbreak, but it lists that location as having it on the order confirmation page and gives instructions on where to go…I assume you can use it if you have it.
Our dates were 1200 through UT, around 700 on Costco, and 330.00 through ACErentacar.

Does anyone know the code for the Walt Disney World Car Care location? I do not see it coming up on the Alamo site...
We are looking to do a one-way, one-day rental when we land: MCO to Target to WDW.

Does anyone know the code for the Walt Disney World Car Care location? I do not see it coming up on the Alamo site...
We are looking to do a one-way, one-day rental when we land: MCO to Target to WDW.
Have you tried Costco? I’m thinking about doing the same thing, but it’s 156.00 for one night rental. Ridiculous.

Also got mini van at budget through UT. Cost 460 for May 1 through May 8. I do have to stop at counter to add extra driver. Fine with me considering the crazy prices out there.

Anybody have past experience with booking a car through UT. I love them for park tickets, but never did a car rental before. They have Budget at some incredibly low offers right now versus going to Budget website itself. I'm wondering when you book through them if you can bring up your reservation on Budget website and add your fast break number to the reservation so I can go straight to garage?

I used them for a Budget rental in January. At the time I committed, it was $282 for a 8 day full-size car, plus a movie soda ticket (cheapest ticket on the site), when other rentals were $4-600. I brought the rental up on my Budget account and was offered online check-in for the rental. I think I went in to modify it without making changes to the reservation. When I did the online check-in, the only problem I had was it wouldn’t complete because it said my credit card was invalid. I ended up going to the counter (short line), and the agent said I could’ve skipped the counter and the garage kiosk could add the CC number.

Originally, I was just curious where rental rates were in May, as we are doing a cruise with a pre and after stay. Well, we extended our after stay to 6 nights, so now a car rental is in order. So far, I have a compact SUV from Alamo via Costco for $519. I’m hoping that drops a couple hundred as we get closer. If our January experience is any indicator, we’ll hopefully see a drop 3-6 weeks prior.

Just took a look, and their rates are WAY lower than anything I've seen (when you buy a ticket along with rental).

Quick question....what if the rate goes down? Can it be modified?

I have read that fastbreak is only good if you book through Budget directly.

Just took a look, and their rates are WAY lower than anything I've seen (when you buy a ticket along with rental).

Quick question....what if the rate goes down? Can it be modified?

In our experience from our January rental, the low rate you see is the lowest it will be. I still checked their rate and Costco’s rates, and while Costco did come down, their low rate never changed.

No way to modify. Supposedly you can cancel, but when I read the fine print, it looked like there would be a $50 charge to do so. My plan is to monitor both their rates and Costco’s for our May trip. I’ll lock in theirs if Costco doesn’t come down close to theirs.

We have been looking for end of May for a 7 passenger as we will have 6 people with luggage and stroller but holy cow, nothing is under $900. We never pay near that. So far planning to use disney transportation and shuttle from the airport but hoping something comes through. I might have to try this UT option.

I have read that fastbreak is only good if you book through Budget directly.
We book through Costco and then link or reservation through Budget and use Fastbreak every time.

We have been looking for end of May for a 7 passenger as we will have 6 people with luggage and stroller but holy cow, nothing is under $900. We never pay near that. So far planning to use disney transportation and shuttle from the airport but hoping something comes through. I might have to try this UT option.

We book through Costco and then link or reservation through Budget and use Fastbreak every time.
And you were able to use the Fastbreak line? I read some reviews that said they were told to use the regular line as it was not directly through Budget.

And you were able to use the Fastbreak line? I read some reviews that said they were told to use the regular line as it was not directly through Budget.
Yup, our booklet was even in that little stand next to the window last month, so we grabbed that and headed straight to our spot. Normally they are too busy to have those out and waiting. Now the key to this is linking that budget reservation number in your fastbreak account and going ahead and completing the check in online. I have done that as soon as the day before.

It looks like UndercoverTourist.com is no longer banned. I’ve even seen links from the DIS forums to it.
Yes, there is a link to the 50% off car rates deal showing in this thread for me! I’m glad the Disboards allows UndercoverTourist again. It’s by far the best car deal I can find this time.

I just booked a intermediate size car for May 21st to the 29th with Budget for $272. I can live with that. A Corolla size car might be a little small but there is only three of us, we will manage just fine.

I am very happy to have that booked!

Just wanted to mention, you can book the AMC $5 drink ticket and still get the 50% car rental discount. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter