May 2018 AP Rates

We have did book a BB rate room for our April trip so at least we do have something, otherwise, I'd be right there with you.
I truly do think they'll have something out by the time 60 days rolls around. They've been slow getting promos out but at least they've been out by then

This is my first year having an AP so a quick question. To add the discount to an existing room only reservation I click the "Modify this reservation" link on MDE my resort reservation area? When I called the CM said I would have to call to modify. How did you know it wouldn't let you modify and the need to create another account? I could just see that happening to me! Thanks for any insight, just waiting anxiously too! :surfweb:

This is my first year having an AP so a quick question. To add the discount to an existing room only reservation I click the "Modify this reservation" link on MDE my resort reservation area? When I called the CM said I would have to call to modify. How did you know it wouldn't let you modify and the need to create another account? I could just see that happening to me! Thanks for any insight, just waiting anxiously too! :surfweb:
When it didn't work if I clicked on Change Reservation it took me back to the Reservation and Ticket page, it never opened the Change Reservation page. So it was really obvious. That wasn't really WHY I needed to create another account (that was an issue with Magic Bands). Just that when I had to create a new account, and they moved all my existing items over to the new account, it fixed the Change Reservation issue too. Sort of a unintended by product that was to my benefit

As to what the CM told you, take everything they tell you with a grain of salt. I'd venture to guess most CM have never seen a MDE screen that the end user sees. They probably have no clue you even have a Change Reservation link in the first place. If you do and if it works then you do not have to call. If you don't or if it doesn't work, then you do.

And 100% of reservations don't have it. My BounceBack reservation does not have a Change Reservation option. I assume because it is a restrictive reservation and you have to have booked while on site and it has to be booked by the CM agents so it doesn't surprise me that in order to make any changes to it I have to call.

Thank you AngiTN! I just did a test and I can do a change. What I also saw when logging in and checking is that a Std Room has opened up which is less than my Courtyard View at 20% off. I don't think I can change the room category only the discount. Is that correct? Not sure if it's worth changing at this point or waiting to see if a discount pops up and if it would apply to a standard room.

Thank you AngiTN! I just did a test and I can do a change. What I also saw when logging in and checking is that a Std Room has opened up which is less than my Courtyard View at 20% off. I don't think I can change the room category only the discount. Is that correct? Not sure if it's worth changing at this point or waiting to see if a discount pops up and if it would apply to a standard room.
No, you can change anything you want. Just watch it, it can trick you. Sometimes the system will show a room available and show it in the Promo rate column but it will really be Rack Rate, or if it's multi night, one of the nights will be
For instance, I have a stay for March in a Nemo Suite at AoA, with the AP rate. I'd rather have a Lion King room with the AP rate, if one opens up. So I check regularly. Yesterday it shows up on the list so I clicked on it and started the change option. The total went up, not down. Closer examination I realized 2 of the 4 nights switched to Rack Rate for that room, which made the total for the 4 nights higher than the promo rate for 4 nights in the Nemo room. You have to open up the Room Details option on the check out page and see the break down per night to figure out exactly what they are charging. Gotta watch them all the time

I did go look at what was available, not via the change reservation link. The standard room rack rate is cheaper than my current discounted courtyard room. At the time i booked on the phone, there were no standard rooms at all. Historically, are AP discounts primarily on certain levels of rooms and not usually on the basic standard ones? Thanks for all your help!

When it didn't work if I clicked on Change Reservation it took me back to the Reservation and Ticket page, it never opened the Change Reservation page. So it was really obvious.

I had this glitch for MONTHS! It was so annoying. Seems gone, though.

I did go look at what was available, not via the change reservation link. The standard room rack rate is cheaper than my current discounted courtyard room. At the time i booked on the phone, there were no standard rooms at all. Historically, are AP discounts primarily on certain levels of rooms and not usually on the basic standard ones? Thanks for all your help!
I'm not sure there is a such thing as "historically" when it comes to AP rates.
They vary greatly by resort. I have had AP rates on standard rooms at lots of resorts though, so they are there.
Not to mention, people are constantly changing plans. I see rooms come and go in the inventory all the time.

Thanks again, I'm always trying to stretch my dollars. Rethinking about changing to a standard room in case a discount doesn't happen. Think, think, think!

Y'all think waiting for AP rates is driving you nuts? Try waiting for a Toy story land AP preview and AP rates. At this point I'm not sure if either will even happen. :badpc:

Me too! I didn't get (or deleted) the AP preview email for a Pandora. It killed me that I saw people going in there during my trip. So, I'm paying lots of attention to the TSL stuff, while simultaneously checking for the AP rates.

Joining in as really don’t want to miss AP rates! We just got back and I booked a bounceback offer but an AP discount would hopefully be a lot better (bounceback not a huge discount from the room only offer available now). We had the chance last year to do the Pandora preview last May, and now I am desperately scheming to have the chance to do Toy Story Land. I just lucked into the AP preview for Pandora; I am sure that I will plot and plan and still somehow miss it for HS even if they do offer it.

I’m waiting too. Just returned from a week at WDW and plan to head back in May. I have a standard room at AKL right now with the current room only discount, and it would be great to save a little more. Depending on the discount, I may move to the Contemporary. Fingers crossed it will come out soon. We upgraded our tickets to an AP during our last visit, so this is my first time trying to secure a room discount.

Once again, nothing.
And didn't someone say they don't post new discounts on the weekend? If that's true, I guess we'll have to wait until Monday.

Once again, nothing.
And didn't someone say they don't post new discounts on the weekend? If that's true, I guess we'll have to wait until Monday.
I'm not sure it can be said they never post new discounts on a weekend. Ever. I'd still check

Wouldn't that be nice to know?!? For us west coast people who keep getting up in the middle of the night for discounts, Fast passes and ADR's! HAHA:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter