May 2016 Check in!

My husband and I are going May 1 - May 3 for my birthday. My husband hasn't come along in years, he's not really a fan but I finally go him to agree this year.
We're staying at the BWPPI.

Yay add me to the May check in list :) We'll be there 5/28 leaving 6/1 staying at Castle Inn! Got a sweet deal on Alaska Air round trip from PDX to SNA for $122.20!! Then got 4 nights at Castle Inn for $377, then got a rental car for 5 days for $111. I'll be getting my 5 day park hoppers for $283.50 each for adult. So for 4 nights/5 days it's less than $570 each!! So excited it'll be my mom, me & my 10 year old dd this time! Birthday trip for mom, we are so excited. Can't believe the deal either :)

Great deal!! My in laws have DVC points so they booked us our room at GCH and then we got round trip from PDX to LBG on Jetblue for $142 each. its crazy how fast it all adds up. I wish I saw those alaska deals!

Hello everyone! Thought id start a May check in!

MAY 2016

Kiwigirls 4/28-5/9 DLH & Tropicana
dec2009mama 5/2-9
Minniekins 5/7-14
snowybelle 5/8-11
8timesblessed 5/11-15
robin2588 5/13-19 DLH
wishwash01 5/14-19 GC
Ahhhhshley 5/15-20 GC
Skiton 5/17-22 DLH
lozzypop 5/20-29 Courtyard Marriott
SpaceMtnGirl 5/21-28 BWPPI
tinkpower 5/21-26 Renting house
ILoveDzny 5/28-6/3

Link to 2016 Check in thread http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-trip-check-in.3374095/

Omg I haven't posted in forever!! We will be in the parks May 17-20. Can't wait!! :)

Yay add me to the May check in list :) We'll be there 4/28 leaving 6/1 staying at Castle Inn! Got a sweet deal on Alaska Air round trip from PDX to SNA for $122.20!! Then got 4 nights at Castle Inn for $377, then got a rental car for 5 days for $111. I'll be getting my 5 day park hoppers for $283.50 each for adult. So for 4 nights/5 days it's less than $570 each!! So excited it'll be my mom, me & my 10 year old dd this time! Birthday trip for mom, we are so excited. Can't believe the deal either :)
Hi !
We're leaving PDX to SNA on 4/28 also !
Flying Southwest. Roundtrip ticket prices are outstanding, $115 !
Happy Birthday to your Mom !
We're celebrating my Mom's 86th birthday and my birthday. Staying for Dapper Days. Have fun celebrating !

Last edited:

Thanks for updating !
I'm getting excited for a good dose of Pixie Dust !
4/28-5/1 DGC
5/1-5/4 DLH

thanks for updating -- our hotel stay is split for this trip unless we find some more $$ -- BW Stovalls/Pardise Pier
would you mind adding if anyone staying is attending the Tinkerbell Weekend? its nice to know who is going to be running that weekend :daisy:

dec2009mama 5/2-9 BW Stovalls/Pardise Pier (Tink Weekend)

Hi !
We're leaving PDX to SNA on 5/28 also !
Flying Southwest. Roundtrip ticket prices are outstanding, $115 !
Happy Birthday to your Mom !
We're celebrating my Mom's 86th birthday and my birthday. Staying for Dapper Days. Have fun celebrating !

Awesome! Wow that's a great ticket price too! Can't believe the prices with Memorial Day.
Happy Birthday to you & your mom!! Have a marvelous time! I'm so excited that's all we can think about :)

MEEEEEEEE! It's a girl trip for Tinkerbell Weekend (May 4-9)!! My BRF and I are doing all three races, and then my BFF and her neighbor are doing the Pixie Dust Challenge! We're splitting our stay between the Fairfield Inn and the Paradise Pier Hotel!

BRF and I ran Disneyland together last year, but this is BFF and her neighbor's first-ever trip to Disneyland, so I'm just super psyched. These gals ran the Marathon with me back in January, so I'm looking forward to more RunDisney fun!

Working on planning out all our meals and plans right now. So excited!

Awesome! Wow that's a great ticket price too! Can't believe the prices with Memorial Day.
Happy Birthday to you & your mom!! Have a marvelous time! I'm so excited that's all we can think about :)

I stated my flight was 5/28 ....
Correction it's 4/28.

April 28th - May the Forth !

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
I haven't posted on the boards for any reason in a very long time, but excited to realize I can post in a May check-in!!!!
My boyfriend, his niece (13) & nephew (12) that he is guardian of, and myself will be there 5/24-5/30 staying at VGC.
I was at DL once 5 years ago and they have never been to any of the parks. We're hoping to keep it a secret from the kids by making them think we're going to New Orleans to visit friends!

Last edited:
DH and I are bringing our boys (7 and 8) May 17 - 22! This is a makeup trip from last year when our youngest woke up the first night vomiting and didn't stop until the night before we were scheduled to leave. We stayed at GC last year with a standard view, but this year we are doing DLH with a premium view because DH and I agreed "never again" after being stuck in a room with a sick kid for three days straight with only a parking lot to look at!

Las year I went with my family for our annual trip, in May, and my 5 yo, 4 at the time, woke up the second day vomiting non stop for two, almost three,days straight! We had to call the in-house nurse to see about a hospital visit! It cleared the 4th day and she made it to her bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique appointment, just barely. Then my mother in-law got sick, I did as soon as I got home from the trip! Found out it there was a flu-outbreak and it was all over the news! This year, anti-up on vitamins and medicine!

Ok, it's official, we are heading to Disneyland! Vacation is 5/28-6/3 and will probably spend 5/31-6/2 in the parks with 3 day military park hoppers. Myself, DS 8, my younger brother, my mom (who grew up in SoCal in the 70s), and possibly my boyfriend. DS, boyfriend and I are experienced with WDW, mom hasn't been to DLR since the mid 90s, and my brother has never been to a Disney park. Our parents never could have afforded to take us growing up, so I'm excited on his behalf. I went to WDW for the first time at the age of 30 and absolutely fell in love.

Probably staying at Homewood but if bf comes we may go with a VRBO rental instead. Flying into LAX or SNA...not sure yet. Mom and brother will drive down from SW Colorado so we'll have a car. Planning a day of memory lane with mom plus beach time, a day of no plans at all, and 3 days of awesome park touring which I, planner that I am, may have already built 2/3 on the touringplans site (ahem). This will be DS's week in between school and summer school and we are going to make the most of it!

So excited!!!! Me, hubby, 5yo daughter, mom n stepdad, and mother-in-law:) We all went last year in May and my daughter got very sick the day after we arrived. It was pretty awful:( She threw up nonstop almost half the trip. Then my mother-in-law fell ill too! Besides the flu outbreak, the parks were getting ready for the big 60th anniversary opening day, closing early and refurbishing everything, which didn't help after my daughter finally got better and could try to enjoy some park fun. Soooo, this year we are crossing our fingers and making this May 19-25 our redemption vacation!!! We'll get to enjoy all the 60th anniversary festivities we missed out on last year! May cannot come too soon....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter