May 2016 Check in!

Ahhhhshley

Disney Fanatic
Hello everyone! Thought id start a May check in!

MAY 2016

Liat 4/27-5/4 Peacock suites
Cinder-ellah 4/28-5/1 DGC 5/1-4 DLH
Kiwigirls 4/28-5/9 DLH & Tropicana
glitteryotters 4/29-5/5 PPH
Waltlife 4/30-5/6
herb102211 4/30-5/3 GCH
Megpag 5/1-3
dec2009mama 5/2-9 Paradise Pier
Dreamtheimpossible 5/3-9 Ramada
Kontos 5/3
tinkerbellrere 5/4-9
Keels 5/4-9
lovebug33 5/5-6 Stanford Inn & Suites
XForeveryoursX 5/5-10
Minniekins 5/7-14 Tropicana
avalovesminnie 5/8-11 Camelot
snowybelle 5/8-11
ADLFAN 5/10-12
JessA27 5/10-16
Cheshiregoofy 5/10-13 GCH
8timesblessed 5/11-15
robin2588 5/13-19 DLH
wishwash01 5/14-19 GCH
twin dad 5/14-15
jairy 5/14-18 Courtyard
Jadelsp 5/15-19 Del Sol
Ahhhhshley 5/15-20 GCH
Jeniie 5/15-20
Chanel 5/16-20 Hyatt Place
Goofy4Tink 5/16-20 Desert Inn
Sally_fan 5/17-20
Nohal 5/17-21
JoRollo 5/17-21
Skiton 5/17-22 DLH
explorer1977 5/18-24 PPH & VGC
bcinohio 5/18-21
Agent86 5/18-22
PrincessZelda 5/19-22 BWPPI
Irony Personified 5/19-24
rchellbell08 5/19-24 GCH
beck & the beast 5/20-25 HOJO
Mouse13 5/20-28 Homewood suites
lozzypop 5/20-29 Courtyard Marriott
SpaceMtnGirl 5/21-28 BWPPI
tinkpower 5/21-26 Renting house
Bebella 5/22-24
DisneyAZfam 5/22-26 Desert Inn & Suites
kkmcan 5/23-24
Scrapbookqueen 5/23-28 Desert Inn & Suites
PoohNFriends 5/24-30 VGC
WendyTJ 5/24-6/3
jordan13402 5/25-30 HOJO
angrose 5/27-30 HOJO
ckb_nc 5/27-30
minniegirl25 5/28-6/1 Castle Inn
ILoveDzny 5/28-6/3
Willowrain 5/30-6/1 GCH

Link to 2016 Check in thread http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-trip-check-in.3374095/

Last edited:
I Just can't even wait!!! Im so excited! We are surprising my son for his 5th birthday and staying at GC for the first time. We usually stay off site. So I'm excited. We rented a stroller (for my 2 year old) at City stroller rental (http://www.citystrollerrentals.com/Disneyland-Stroller-Rentals.html) which will be delivered waiting for us at the resort upon arrival. I was also excited to learn that we could request free car seats for our cab ride from LGB to the resort. We are hoping to surprise my son the night before we leave at his family party (fingers crossed they sleep that night lol) What is everyone else planning?

I will be there with our 3 youngest kids from May 11-15 before our annual passes expire. Then we will be driving down to San Diego to get on a Disney cruise on the 18th with a stop at Legoland and the Zoo and Sea World. So excited! But it will probably be our last trip for awhile.

I will be there with our 3 youngest kids from May 11-15 before our annual passes expire. Then we will be driving down to San Diego to get on a Disney cruise on the 18th with a stop at Legoland and the Zoo and Sea World. So excited! But it will probably be our last trip for awhile.

Wow that sounds like a great vacation!! You will have tons of fun!!

Woo hoo! Checking in.. We arrive in April (28th), but are staying through till May 9th- so mostly a May trip!!

Just my 12yr old daughter and I, doing a split stay between DLH and Tropicana and taking in Dapper Days and Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon. Looking to spend a couple of days in the middle doing Universal (Harry Potter!) and Hollywood/ Warner Bros, rest of the time will be at Disney.

Can't wait!! Looking forward to planning along with every one! Thanks for starting the thread Ahhhshley!

Thanks for starting the thread Ahhhshley - I've been waiting for a May check-in!

We are going to be at Disneyland May 20 - 29. We being myself, DD and my parents. We're seasoned Disneyland visitors (DD and I are AP holders) that usually stay at the HoJo. But we are giving the new Courtyard Marriott a try this time.

May is our go-to month for our annual Disney vacation, and we usually try and go for my daughter's birthday on May 15. But because of the way that Victoria Day (we are from BC) and Memorial day fall this year, we are actually going for MY birthday on the 26th. And we are going to go to the 24 hour party (providing there is one)!

I can't wait :flower:

DH and I are bringing our boys (7 and 8) May 17 - 22! This is a makeup trip from last year when our youngest woke up the first night vomiting and didn't stop until the night before we were scheduled to leave. We stayed at GC last year with a standard view, but this year we are doing DLH with a premium view because DH and I agreed "never again" after being stuck in a room with a sick kid for three days straight with only a parking lot to look at!

Yah!! May check-in. I saw a June one today and was wondering where May was lol. My DH,DS, in-laws and myself will be going May 13-19 staying at DLH. We went last year, but this will be my in-laws first time in sooooo many years! Can't wait!

I'm so excited to see the "check in". We will be there may 21st-26th. We have a large group this time so we are renting a house. Everyone is super excited to have our own pool!

We will be doing our first visit together, May 7th -14th, (I was there once, many years ago, when I was about 7, but this really feels like my first visit, lol!) It'll be myself, and my DD25, and we are beyond excited!! :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:We are WDW vets, going yearly, and have all that planning down, it seems easy! But, now trying to learn how to plan DL and it's crazy! Yikes, it very overwhelming, and like we'll never figure it out in time, things definitely run differently there, fireworks and parades don't seem to run everyday, etc. But, we're super excited and can't wait to visit the park 'that Walt walked'! I think it'll be sort of emotional to be there and see where it all started!

Eta: forgot to mention we'll be staying at the Tropicana! Would love to stay at DLR but just can't swing it with ia trip to WDW in Nov. we're excited to be staying directly across the street, though, at a place that's been there all along!

Last edited:
We are going May 21-28 and staying at BWPPI. We have a beach day and a day in Hollywood planned and 4.5 days in the parks. Also, we are taking along my parents who love Disney but have never been to California, just WDW. I am guessing the 24 hour event, if they have it, will be May 27, so that's the day we'll go to the beach. I'm a bit worried about grad nights... two of our park days will be grad nights. But, this is the week that works best for all of us. I plan to book PTN package one night and WOC package the other night to hopefully alleviate the effect a bit (nice, quiet dinner and then separate area to view shows). Any other tips to survive grad nights?

thanks for starting the thread!
our dates are May 2 to 9, our family is running the tinkerbell half marathon weekend!!!
we are doing a spit stay for the first time, two night BW Stovalls and six nights at Pardise Pier since our Canada dollar is so bad right now we can't justify staying at PP all 8 nights
We just retuned last week from Star Wars half marathon weekend and have 99 days til our trip in May :earboy2:

Woo hoo! Checking in.. We arrive in April (28th), but are staying through till May 9th- so mostly a May trip!!

Just my 12yr old daughter and I, doing a split stay between DLH and Tropicana and taking in Dapper Days and Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon. Looking to spend a couple of days in the middle doing Universal (Harry Potter!) and Hollywood/ Warner Bros, rest of the time will be at Disney.

Can't wait!! Looking forward to planning along with every one! Thanks for starting the thread Ahhhshley!

I really hope we have a chance to check out harry potter!! Looks like lots of fun!

Thanks for starting the thread Ahhhshley - I've been waiting for a May check-in!

We are going to be at Disneyland May 20 - 29. We being myself, DD and my parents. We're seasoned Disneyland visitors (DD and I are AP holders) that usually stay at the HoJo. But we are giving the new Courtyard Marriott a try this time.

May is our go-to month for our annual Disney vacation, and we usually try and go for my daughter's birthday on May 15. But because of the way that Victoria Day (we are from BC) and Memorial day fall this year, we are actually going for MY birthday on the 26th. And we are going to go to the 24 hour party (providing there is one)!

I can't wait :flower:

We've never been in May, We tend to go in september so I'm anxious about crowds and weather. I take it that it usually works out pretty well for you guys if you keep going in may so that makes me feel better :)

DH and I are bringing our boys (7 and 8) May 17 - 22! This is a makeup trip from last year when our youngest woke up the first night vomiting and didn't stop until the night before we were scheduled to leave. We stayed at GC last year with a standard view, but this year we are doing DLH with a premium view because DH and I agreed "never again" after being stuck in a room with a sick kid for three days straight with only a parking lot to look at!

Oh no!! So glad you guys are able to go back and make a bad memory turn into a magical one! Fingers crossed that everyone stays nice and healthy!

I'm so excited to see the "check in". We will be there may 21st-26th. We have a large group this time so we are renting a house. Everyone is super excited to have our own pool!

FUN!! We rented a house two years ago in December and it was AMAZING having our own pool! You'll love it!

We will be doing our first visit together, May 7th -14th, (I was there once, many years ago, when I was about 7, but this really feels like my first visit, lol!) It'll be myself, and my DD25, and we are beyond excited!! :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:We are WDW vets, going yearly, and have all that planning down, it seems easy! But, now trying to learn how to plan DL and it's crazy! Yikes, it very overwhelming, and like we'll never figure it out in time, things definitely run differently there, fireworks and parades don't seem to run everyday, etc. But, we're super excited and can't wait to visit the park 'that Walt walked'! I think it'll be sort of emotional to be there and see where it all started!

Im sure it will go smoothly and that you guys will have a blast! I had really only been to WDW until a couple years ago and since its so much smaller its pretty easy to get the lay of the land and the schedule down. Have FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter