May 2011 Annual DISmeet. . .May 12th through 16th

Where would you prefer to stay?

• Boardwalk Inn/Villas

• Pop Century

• A Moderate

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
You all sound like too much fun! I want to play!!! I'm going in Nov/Dec this year. I've never used the bounce-back deal - maybe I'll give that a try.

Hello,

I just bought into DVC at AKV. Before I saw this thread I already scheduled a solo trip ( I do most of my trips solo) to WDW May 10th to May 21st in 2011 at the AKV. I got a Deluxe Studio Standard view to not eat up too many points.

This would be my first dis meet so I would happy to join with you guys for part of my trip. (As you can see this is my first post too!) I have been lurking around here for months mainly reading trip reports etc. Just let me in on the details. I already booked my flight so the days can't change. I might try to get BWV but this is my first trip to WDW as a DVC member and am partial to staying at AKV. So I am thinking meet up with you guys for a couple of days or so and go from there. :cool1:

Hello,

I just bought into DVC at AKV. Before I saw this thread I already scheduled a solo trip ( I do most of my trips solo) to WDW May 10th to May 21st in 2011 at the AKV. I got a Deluxe Studio Standard view to not eat up too many points.

This would be my first dis meet so I would happy to join with you guys for part of my trip. (As you can see this is my first post too!) I have been lurking around here for months mainly reading trip reports etc. Just let me in on the details. I already booked my flight so the days can't change. I might try to get BWV but this is my first trip to WDW as a DVC member and am partial to staying at AKV. So I am thinking meet up with you guys for a couple of days or so and go from there. :cool1:

Welcome Mike. . .glad to have you aboard. You bought into my favorite resort. You will LOVE IT. Please feel free to join us. We will provide more details of the trip moving forward. Usually lots of casual park hook ups and at least one big group meal. Also a great party evening happens. . .Its a lot of fun. This will be my 4th May joining in on the festivities. Always loads of fun. . .

Hi Julie and Mike!!

I've never been to a singles meet-up either, but Darcy and everyone make it sound pretty fun, so I'm really hoping I can make it!!

Linda

I really hope all of the newcomers can make it. Its a great trip and loads of fun. Like I mentioned before, I have best friends for life from the first trip I went on. I can't wait to add more. . .love adding friends. . .

Darcy, My love!!!
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.

Here are some thoughts:

I am THRILLED that there are some new people interested in next year. We all started out here as strangers, but now I have been with the love of my life for almost two years.Some are even married from here. Have an open mind, we are not axe murderers.

You don't need to be single to come along. Many take this opportunity to get away without their partner as a safer alternative to traveling solo. Any is you so choose, come together, the more the merrier.

I loved that we stayed at Boardwalk this year. It was a PERFECT location. Taking a three minute walk from Epcot or Hollywood to your room is so worth the price, but I am realistic, I know money is tight. I would suggest the Swan or Dolphin for alternatives. They are right next to Boardwalk and much cheaper. So your walk home goes from 3 minutes to 7!!!

I would also suggest more meets. I love the idea of a pool party and the dessert party!

I LOVED seeing my friends this year, loved meeting new peeps! New people, please come.

Boardwalk really is a fun and convenient place to stay. I'd definitely do that again.

Hotwire sometimes has deals for Dolphin/Swan that are attractive.. and as RA said, they're both very very close!

Get me in the right ECV with some Tequila and I bet I could do it in 3 minutes!! :cool1: Not that I have any point of reference for that or anything. It's purely conjecture. :scared1:

Get me in the right ECV with some Tequila and I bet I could do it in 3 minutes!! :cool1: Not that I have any point of reference for that or anything. It's purely conjecture. :scared1:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Pipe in some Metallica from someone's cell phone and I bet you could do it in about 2 min 45...hypothetically of course:thumbsup2

OMG, I leave you people unattended for a day or so and all heck breaks loose.

To sum this up. . .

Ro. . .Hey girlie, nice to see your smiling face on here. Great thought there.

Tom. . .when you really want to get somewhere your walk turns into a run (for those attempting to tag along). . .:rotfl: I believe that 3 minutes when trying to make rope drop at Epcot is probably accurate. . .:rotfl2:

Augie. . .don't worry, Tom is more like a kid in a candy store. He sees something he wants and gets there as fast as he can to get it. . .lol. Kinda like being "first in line".

Brad. . .Someone find Brad the Dale Earnhardt ECV. :lmao: I can see it now. . .Man collides with large tree trying to do donuts in souped up ECV. . .:laughing:

Robo. . .:hug: for encouraging dangerous behavior on an ECV. . .the pictures would be priceless. . .and probably blackmail worthy :rolleyes1

I am deciding on my ADR's but don't want to plan something if I going to attend the DIS meet in May. Yeah I know we got til Nov to decide. I am also going on the DDP for this trip so I was wondering where we were going in case I needed to use two meals for a sig restaurant.

I am deciding on my ADR's but don't want to plan something if I going to attend the DIS meet in May. Yeah I know we got til Nov to decide. I am also going on the DDP for this trip so I was wondering where we were going in case I needed to use two meals for a sig restaurant.

Hi Disney Mike. We usually do not do siggy restaurants for our meals. We usually only plan one "group" meal. We have had others join our group who are on the dining plan and that has never been an issue. The waitstaff always asks. The other thing is we usually make our ressies later in the year we are going. Make your plans and ressies, then switch up when we make our plan. We would love to have a newbie join us. ALL newbies should join us.

Well I was really looking forward to this, because I've wanted to do a solo trip, but was a little scared. Well now I can't go because I just found out I'm pregnant. We've been trying for almost a year, so I figured I just might not be able to have kids.

So maybe I'll join you in 2012.

Getting a mental image of Brad on an ECV dressed up as Dr. Nefario... I know, wrong studio but still :)

Hey, im from the uk and id love to join you all in may :goodvibes my names natalie and im 21 .. hey :cutie:

I may or may not be able to pull a long-weekend trip to come down and see ya'll in May. i'm planning on grabbing a AP in March, so my only ?? would be the flight and hotel room costs.

Figured I'd go ahead and speak up just in case I can make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter