May 2004 Adults and Solo Travelers

Sounds great! I think there's one already scheduled on the 25th, at Epcot. But is it primarily for DVCers? If so, I'd be up for another too-as long as it doesn't conlict with that one. Having met several DISers at WDW, I always say-DISers are some of the nicest people-it's always been a pleasure to meet them.

My dh and I will be at the AS Sports from May 16th thru the 27th. Going for the rock concerts at EPCOT mostly but will find lots of other old favorites and new things to see along the way. Meeting some DIS friends and relatives this trip also. Can't wait!!

Slightly Goofy/Linda

okay I chicken out and I am now staying at Pop Century for the DVC member meet - May 25 - 28.

any DIS'er is welcome to the meet on 5/25 at the Land (food court) at 3pm. There are some DIS'ers who are not DVC'ers coming. Check out the meet boards.

DH & I will be there April 30 - May 8. We'll be at Pop Century the 1st 2 nights and then we'll move over to Ft. Wilderness. We're looking forward to all the Flower & Garden festivities. I just wish Herman's Hermits were playing again this year.

DH and I will be there from May 12-17. We are staying the the ASMu. Even through we wont be there on the exact dates of either, we will be celebrating DH's 25 birthday (May 10) and our 2 year wedding anniversary (May 25). We can't wait!

It's official - May 12-15 at Poly concierge. Can't wait!

JKanownik - anywhere outside central Florida is too far from Disneyworld for us!

anywhere outside central Florida is too far from Disneyworld for us!

steveanddonna,

LOL! I hear you! I wouldn't be surprised if we moved there someday!

Love your area of the country (my brother lived in Bethany, WV for a long time, so there were a lot of car trips through Ohio), but yeah, it is too far from WDW. That's another advantage we have being childfree- we can pick up and move without worrying about school systems, school calendars, scouts, soccer...
We always said we'd retire to Florida, but after 13 years of Disney trips, we're investigating the possibility of living there 3 months a year starting in 2005. DH & I are both freelance production people, so we can work pretty much wherever there are corporate events/conventions/trade shows/film production etc., so it's worth a shot.

spiceycat, is the Marriott that you're visiting pet friendly for dogs too?

Bobbi:D

:bounce: I'm so excited, this is the first time DH & I will be in DW without our children.
We're there from May 13th to the 29th.
:hyper: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Julie, I have enjoyed each and every trip. with kids, with kids and grandkids and I well remember our first trip alone. All are special, just in different ways.

We will be May 16th thru the 27th. Hope to see you there!

Slightly Goofy (about all things English especially) Linda

I am going May 30-June 6...I am reuniting with a friend I met at WDW last August when I was there for the Drum Corps International Championships.We have a magical time planned and are looking foward to sharing our happiness with all of our (rainbow) brothers and sisters :wave:

Hey, I'll be there May 24-27. Just a mini trip this time. I'll be going back in October for longer.

the Marriott is not pet friendly period - I had a reservation at the La Quinta - very pet friendly - but decided to go with Pop Century.

Spicey stays at FW kennel - they charge $9 on site, $11 off site - to board your pet - I don't mind taking him for walks and I feed him - so I know if he is eating or not - generally not a problem he has a good appetite while on vacation.

they stay open until 8:00pm and the security guards will let you in at any time - we generally only use them when we are leaving - but some people seem to use them alot.

the other kennels in the area and believe me I looked - generally charge more and they close at 5:00pm - he really likes his night walks - the morning, lunch and afternoon walks - are around 5 to 10 minutes - but the night walk - he does not want to go after an hour - but I get tired.....

here is a kennel list - WDW is in Lake Buena Vista (where all the WDW kennels are listed) - Kissimmiee and Orlando are both kind of close too

http://www.abka.org/

before the rest of you think I am nuts - Spicey will be 18 years old next month and he has been visiting WDW since he was 3 months old - he is very, very important to me.

I own at DVC - I will be back to WDW for many more years the contract quits in 2042 - but Spicey I will only have (if lucky) a few more years.....

I also own another timeshare that goes through II - so the Marriott for the entire week is only costing me $223 (w/taxes)

I am thinking about going on May 29th through to the 31st. Just a quick weekend for myself! :)

I would love to meet up! I don'tknow where I am staying yet. Right now I have a cast mebmer discount at Pop Century but I am thinking of trying to upgrade that!

Let's get together. I am a little questionable about going alone! :)

spiceycat - we definitely don't think you're nuts! We almost ended up bringing our 15-yr-old diabetic cat to WDW last November when we couldn't find a reliable cat sitter who could do twice-daily injections. Fortunately we found someone terrific shortly before leaving, but we would have had no second thoughts about bringing DB and going over to the kennel twice a day for insulin injections, plus more just for petting & loving. We may be child-free, but we still have dependents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter