• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 19 - 24, 2014 San Diego to Vancouver

Disney's recommended hotel in San Diego is the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and the rate for two nights, two adults is $664.00 :rotfl2:

Disney's recommended hotel in San Diego is the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and the rate for two nights, two adults is $664.00 :rotfl2:

Glad I didn't wait to use Disney's recommended hotel. Coming from the east, you have to stay at least one night before the cruise to make sure that you don't miss the boat!:)

Glad I didn't wait to use Disney's recommended hotel. Coming from the east, you have to stay at least one night before the cruise to make sure that you don't miss the boat!:)

And we are staying two so that we can get rested and get a little more acclimated to the time change. That also allows for any unforseen delays with flights/weather, etc. If we didn't sail out on Monday, we probably wouldn't have decided on staying two nights before.

Do you have a plan for getting from the port to the train to Seattle? We'd like to do that too (and eventually fly home to Boston) but haven't quite been able to figure it all out

more than likely we will be taking a taxi!!.. It is all still in the planning stages. We dont plan on renting a car, so that is our only option that I could think of.
We will transfer from the Amtrack station in Seattle to the LightLink rail and get to the airport stop to get to our Seattle Hotel.

My girls are going to be 13 Dominique and 7 Faith. neglected to put that in the party post!!

more than likely we will be taking a taxi!!.. It is all still in the planning stages. We dont plan on renting a car, so that is our only option that I could think of.
We will transfer from the Amtrack station in Seattle to the LightLink rail and get to the airport stop to get to our Seattle Hotel.

My girls are going to be 13 Dominique and 7 Faith. neglected to put that in the party post!!

Thank you, I really need to do more research on the Vancouver to Seattle part before I cave and just buy airfare from Vancouver to Boston.

Your girls are beautiful!

How to get to Seattle:

also see
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283011&highlight=vancouver for info on Vancouver and

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2838598 for info on Seattle by some really dedicated Seattle people that helped to put it all together

From Canada Place to Seattle by train:

Take your time getting off the ship. The train does not leave until evening.
You can have Canada Place hold your luggage for a fee and explore around the port. It's a very nice area with easy walking. Have lunch in Gastown or in any of the nearby hotels.

Once ready take a cab to the train station it was about $10 canadian plus tip

Other option is to take the taxi to the train station and pay them to hold the luggage for you. Then we walked to the Science place whose name I can not remember. The kids loved it.
Less choices for eating around here.

Option 3 is to take the overhead rail to withing a block or two of the train station. There is an elevator that makes it a 2-3 block walk that is fairly level to the train station.

We opted for the taxi in the morning. You could take the overhead rail back to the port area to explore as well.

From Canada Place to Seatac by shuttle.
This is the easiest. You catch it outside the port around 9 (schedules vary so please check) and take it directly to Seatac airport.

Should add I am joining you on this trip.

I booked it opening day for all three of us, but hubby can't make it so it is now a Mother Daughter trip.

COst effective as we only need one way airfare. Still trying to decide if I want to be brave and fly in from Seattle the day of knowing there are more flights that day or try and figure out where to find a hotel.

Open to suggestions

Should add I am joining you on this trip.

I booked it opening day for all three of us, but hubby can't make it so it is now a Mother Daughter trip.

COst effective as we only need one way airfare. Still trying to decide if I want to be brave and fly in from Seattle the day of knowing there are more flights that day or try and figure out where to find a hotel.

Open to suggestions

Welcome NWMom, am adding you to the roster on the front page.

Hi guys, subbing in. I sent an email off for the FE list.

I am planning on surprising my wife and girls with this cruise. I have to work, but they will get woken up early one morning with some tickets on Southwest, packed bags, and cruise documents.

I am going to wait till after the final payment date and book some GTY rates, if none are available, I will just book then. Here is their info:

Disboards username - twindaddy
Email Address charleshines1@gmail.com
Names of passengers Gina, Julia, Grace (twin girls)
Ages of passengers 44, 7, 7
Male or Female all girls
Favorite Disney Characters: fav character: mom - cinderella
Grace: stitch or belle
Julia: Ariel
Stateroom number GTY

I will post the cabin number as soon as I know it.

I assume someone wont mind keeping my wife company on the trip, she is a Deputy Sheriff and has a wicked sense of humor.

We do pretty much the same FE gift every cruise, and they are very popular. Please post if you have any food allergies

twindaddy, what a lovely surprise for your wife and daughters, how thoughtful, and I know they are going to miss having you there with them.

I have added them to the roster on the first page.

Twin daddy you're awesome :). Love that kind of surprise! My dd will be 7 when we sail as well. Maybe she'll have fun with your girls in the clubs. We're in the FE and my son is allergic to peanuts.

I assume someone wont mind keeping my wife company on the trip, she is a Deputy Sheriff and has a wicked sense of humor.

We do pretty much the same FE gift every cruise, and they are very popular. Please post if you have any food allergies

If she has a wicked sense of humor she can hang out with us! She sounds like fun!

What an incredible surprise trip! You are so thoughtful!

All,
Here is the update:

23 Staterooms
39 Adults
21 kids twelve years of age and under
5 kids thirteen years of age to seventeen years of age.

The vote for the number to split cabins was 15. I'm sure we will get several more by the cut off date in April.

Thanks
Kristen

Hi everyone. Just got off the Magic yesterday. What a great trip. Now I can focus on this cruise.

Hope you had a good time on the Magic and didn't experience any of the problems that I read about after the dry dock.

We are getting ready for a few days at WDW and then a quick 3-night sail on the Dream. Then we can focus on Alaska, which will take much more planning and organization.

Hope you had a good time on the Magic and didn't experience any of the problems that I read about after the dry dock.

We are getting ready for a few days at WDW and then a quick 3-night sail on the Dream. Then we can focus on Alaska, which will take much more planning and organization.

What happened in dry dock?

We just got off the Bahamas Wonder cruise yesterday and booked this cruise! We will be leaving the girls at home this time! :woohoo: However, we called our longtime friends, told them we booked, and they just booked also!

We just got off the Bahamas Wonder cruise yesterday and booked this cruise! We will be leaving the girls at home this time! :woohoo: However, we called our longtime friends, told them we booked, and they just booked also!

We would like to participate in the FE. As mentioned, it will just be my DH and myself. Tis will be our 11th Disney cruise, so it it Platinum for us for this cruise!

One more question, is there a FB page for this group, as I am more likely to check there for updates? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter