~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~

Hey guys. Are any of you aware of this...

"Update from Webmaster Alex
Sorry for the delay on this, we had to have a piece of software custom written to cut up the existing long threads.
We have also decided how to handle long threads moving forward:
1. Threads will be closed at 250 pages (3750 posts)
2. Any existing thread over 250 pages will be locked as is.
3. The really long threads that were removed will come back over the next week or so. I have to shut the boards down to cut them up so I will try to do it during "off hours". We are also trying index them so people will be able to reference them. "

I just happend to come by this and we are only 12 pages away from 250. Mabey we should come up with an alternate form of communication since I'm sure we'll hit this limit pretty soon.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I agree!!

JorDan--WTG on getting your magnets laminated for FREE!! I'm sure it was a stressful situation in the beginning, though. :scared:

Trying to save on the # of posts, so I'll just edit this one!! Can we just start a new one and name it "part 2" like some of the longer ones do? I wonder what happened to them going until 25,000 or so. :confused: Bummer!!

I was just getting ready to mention that. Here is what they recommend in the next post on that sticky:

Folks, a few guidelines on this newer ruling.

If your meet thread is getting close to reaching the 3750 number, there's something you can do to make it easier.

Decide among yourselves who is going to start the new thread continuing and get it rolling near the end number.
Report the thread that is at the limit with a request for it to be closed. We'll get it from there.
We will of course be closing threads that go over the cap, but we'd rather let your group be involved in this, will make it easier for everyone

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698440

Dave

This is our first cruise as a family and we are excited to get away after a long and tough winter. I called Atlantis yesterday and they offer full use of their water facility for $110 adults and $85 for kids for a day pass - this is less than the shore excursion offered thru Disney. I think Atlantis looks pretty cool and our kids would have a ball. I have spoken with people with families who have stayed there and they loved it. Chin up everyone - better safe than sorry. They just confirmed two cases here in Massachusetts yesterday in a City 20 minutes from our home!

Tiffany -- thanks for that! With all of the allergies here in Austin, it is easy to get "freaked" from the cough and runny nose. I just read on CNN that the odds of getting it are small. Now -- who on the FE list is giving out Purell as an FE gift? :rotfl:

I did some research on Nassau last night. Atlantis is certainly an option -- especially if you have older kids. The best way to do this is to book a hotel room at the hotel attached to the Atlantis (Days Inn?). You book it for the day @$200 I think. With that you get 4 wristbands to the Atlantis water parks so even cheaper than buying it from Atlantis. If there are only 2 in your group, find another 2 and split the cost.

There are other options too. My kids are a bit younger so I think Atlantis may be too stressful for us (keeping track of Kai). The Sheration and Wyndham have beautiful beaches and pools and will sell you a day pass. I read that it runs anywhere form $15 pp to $40 pp (with $30 food & beverage credit). If you buy at one hotel, you can use both pools. They have slides, etc. I am thinking that is the route we will go if we end up in Nassau. I am looking into other excursions but since Cozumel was a beach day for us, I may just keep it that way.

I am tired of hearing about the H1N1 (swine) flu. You can't buy any hand sanitizer or masks at the store anymore -- they are sold out. They cancelled the school carnival for Saturday. Me and my sister were wondering how that is so much different than the kids all going to school together every day. The carnival is outside so if anything less confined but I guess they are being safe rather than sorry!

Jane -- I am in Santa Clara (at the Hyatt) for a conference. It starts Monday afternoon and ends Wednesday. I fly home @6pm local time on Wednesday night. I am not sure what my schedule looks like but hoping to have some free time to do a bit of shopping. Any suggestions?

Kathy -- will start to tan this evening. I need to workout (missed it yesterday with Kai's doctor visit) so may go after my run/walk. I think I will start with 8 mins and hope I don't burn. Wish me luck!!!!! As my sister said, fat looks better brown! :lmao:

Ok in the office again today with more deadlines so off to work. I hope everyone has a FABULOUS day!!!!!

Mati: I guess a mask on the plane might not be a bad idea, if you don't mind wearing it! Otherwise, take Vit. C and hope for the best! (I think the odds are in your favor of NOT getting the flu!)

I also looked into the hotel by Atlantis yesterday. It is about $200/night but the taxes are around $81! Plus, if it's 4 adults, they charge an additional $80! So, the total bill is around $369 on the Sam's website and divided by 4 that would be $92 pp (no food/drink/etc. included). We'll wait and see what happens before I make any hard plans...

Hello to all... just stumbled upon this site. we will be going on this cruise. Me my wife and 2 kids. my son is 8 and daughter is 9. just booked this trip a few weeks ago and still didn't sign up for any excursions yet. can someone recommend any? We are from Chicago and can't wait to go, the weather here has been terrible.

:welcome: ral68 to our cruise thread AND to the DIS! :disrocks: If you want any other info or pix posted to post #2, just let me know!!

And speaking of the first two posts, does anyone have any objections to me starting the new "Part 2" of our cruise meet thread? I'll probably just copy & paste all the info that we have already on the first two posts, but I'll probably try to make it into three posts since I'm running out of room for pix, etc. Dave--thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

Was anyone else shocked by the order of the Idol results last night? I was surprised to see Adam in the bottom 3 and Allison in the top 2! But, I do think that Matt going home was the right choice. They ALL sang awesome on Tues, though!

Hello to all... just stumbled upon this site. we will be going on this cruise. Me my wife and 2 kids. my son is 8 and daughter is 9. just booked this trip a few weeks ago and still didn't sign up for any excursions yet. can someone recommend any? We are from Chicago and can't wait to go, the weather here has been terrible.
Welcome! I have two sons ages 6 and 8 so if your son and daughter are going to kids club/lab then they may meet.

:welcome: ral68 to our cruise thread AND to the DIS! :disrocks: If you want any other info or pix posted to post #2, just let me know!!

And speaking of the first two posts, does anyone have any objections to me starting the new "Part 2" of our cruise meet thread? I'll probably just copy & paste all the info that we have already on the first two posts, but I'll probably try to make it into three posts since I'm running out of room for pix, etc. Dave--thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

Was anyone else shocked by the order of the Idol results last night? I was surprised to see Adam in the bottom 3 and Allison in the top 2! But, I do think that Matt going home was the right choice. They ALL sang awesome on Tues, though!

GO FOR IT! We still have two weeks and a lot to say!

Morning all

No worries, I'm in a better mood today! hehehe

Mati, would you like me to send you some masks & purell???

My state so far has been fine.....except NOW they have shut down Park City School District. A bunch of students went to Mexico for Spring Break. That's what the richy rich peeps get...jk!!

So they are testing everyone and we'll know soon enough if it's in Utah. Park City is only a 45 minute drive away and thank goodness ski season is Over!! Or else it could be all over.

Val go ahead and start a thread, you are kinda the ring leader in all this. :surfweb:

A big :welcome: to all our new cruisers in the past few days!!!
My how our group has grown!

Welcome!!!! party:party:

Sounds good to me!!!! :thumbsup2

:welcome: to all the new cruisers who have found us!

New thread sounds great. Can't believe I am part of a meet group that is going on it's second thread! :cool1:

My countown clock on my computer says that I'm in single digits to begin my vacation! Only 9 more days to go before I'm in sunny FL. Ahhhhh! 9 more days? I better get crackin' on all that stuff I still need to do.

I emailed the Sheraton about the day passes in Nassau and this is the response. Ofcourse we don't know if were going there yet but this is an option.
Hello,

Thank you for inquiring about our Day Use room, here at the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort

There two Day Use Room Rates, available for you:
ROOM ONLY Day Use rate is $99.00 for 2 adults. Each additional person is $10.00.

DAYLUNCH with Room is $145.00 which includes Lunch for 2 adults.

The beach and pool experience will cover cost for towels, chairs, umbrellas and NON-MOTORIZED water sports, equipment only

Day use rate includes Taxes and Gratuities .Day use rooms are available between 7am to 7pm, based on availability

Day use rooms can be booked in advance. A credit will be required at time of booking, to guarantee the reservation

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us here at our Reservations Department

We would love to have you folks come over and experience our Beautiful Resort

Welcome! My son is 9, so maybe they will be in the club together :)
Glad to have you with us!

The Sheration and Wyndham have beautiful beaches and pools and will sell you a day pass. I read that it runs anywhere form $15 pp to $40 pp (with $30 food & beverage credit). If you buy at one hotel, you can use both pools. They have slides, etc. I am thinking that is the route we will go if we end up in Nassau. I am looking into other excursions but since Cozumel was a beach day for us, I may just keep it that way.

Kathy -- will start to tan this evening. I need to workout (missed it yesterday with Kai's doctor visit) so may go after my run/walk. I think I will start with 8 mins and hope I don't burn. Wish me luck!!!!! As my sister said, fat looks better brown! :lmao:

Mati ~ The Sheraton/Wyndham deal sounds very interesting. I may have to think about that as an option if we end up in Nassau. And hey, if you guys will be there, then I'm SURE it would be a great day :banana:!

Yeah, I was bad and missed working out last night too :scared1:. Brian and I went to see an Irish band at a local Irish pub here in town. They are a group of 3 sisters plus an additional drummer and guitar player. Their name is Searson. We first saw them a few years ago at Indy Irish Fest in Indianapolis (back when "my" beloved Off Kilter used to play there too :love:). They actually played at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney a few years ago for a few weeks. For any of you Off Kilter fans, Head Honcho Bob really has a "thing" for Heather, their bass player. I told her last night that we had a day in Epcot in a few weeks and we would tell Head Honcho Bob that she sends her love :laughing:.

I SOOOOOOO agreee with your sister ("fat looks better brown") :lmao:. In fact, as I was trying swimsuits last night, that EXACT thing popped into my head as I looked at my view from the rear :yay:.

:And speaking of the first two posts, does anyone have any objections to me starting the new "Part 2" of our cruise meet thread? I'll probably just copy & paste all the info that we have already on the first two posts, but I'll probably try to make it into three posts since I'm running out of room for pix, etc. Dave--thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

Val ~ I have no objections at all to the new thread :thumbsup2. You have done such a great job with this one :worship:. ~ Kathy

Val go ahead and start a thread, you are kinda the ring leader in all this. :surfweb:
:scared1: I AM?!?! :laughing: I think I'm just the weirdo that booked 17 months in advance and couldn't stand not having a cruise thread to go to! :rotfl2: I think we have a GREAT bunch of people who are ALL helping out to make this an awesome experience!! Jane--the FE ring leader, Amanda--the wrist band ring leader, Mati--the tastings ring leader, all the reservation linking ring leaders, Lynsey--the mini nav ring leader, etc., etc., etc. We're ALL doing our part to lead us to a great cruise! :goodvibes

I better get to working on the new thread since it might take me awhile to get it looking just right! I'll probably start it and just put up 3-4 quick posts and go back and edit them later, probably tomorrow or sometime over the weekend.

Val - go for it!:thumbsup2

I just have to say that we originally booked for cruising this week (Eastern with first stop to Tortola). When they left on Sat, I have to say that they only hit 72 pages!! Oh my goodness, can you believe that?

ONe thing I did see on their thread as I was being nosy (not really), was that on the last few pages, someone posted a map with the FE info on it.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq214/CKCruising/FEMap090421.jpg

Has anyone done this here? I remember someone mentioning a map of the decks but can't remember any more than that!:upsidedow This makes it nice and easy!

Trying to look into the Nassau options as we haven't been there. Like Cinda, I love the caribbean waters..nothing like it. I would still get off in Cozumel but am creating some arguments with my overly protective husband!:rolleyes1If we go, I guess I'll get off by myself!

Have a great day!

Kym

I am the middle of unpacking!!! Have packed so much stuff I need to narrow it down. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS TIME TOMORROW WE WILL BE DRIVING TO THE AIRPORT WITH A BOX OF KRISPY KREMES FOR COMPANY (diet not going so well :sad2:)!!:cool1:

Here are excursions someone posted that Disney has done at Nassau:
Thanks for finding these up! Nothing appeals that much, so think I will wait and see what you are all doing, and follow someone, somewhere! Dont think we are doing any trips that any of you are on! In fact, I have no time to research so you will all have to tell me what I am doing at port :rotfl2: I am still secretly hoping for a double dip, but anything will do! Can't we all email and say thats what we want?!

Carissa and I have allergies, too. With the whole swine flu thing I'm worried that anyone with any cold/allergy symptoms would be denied boarding.

I saw on another thread it may be a good idea to get a note from your Doctor, confirming that allergies are likely to be the reason for the symptoms :thumbsup2

Shawan -- I like the way you think! "When life hands you lemons -- you make lemonade!"

I say, if we end up going to Nassau, let's make the biggest baddest lemonade we can. We can pick a beach and all head out and make our own fun for the day OR pick a deck and have our own deck party. One thing I know for sure -- with all of my DIS Friends with me, we will have a good time! :dance3:

Should I pack the mini-blender for margaritas?? ;)

Woo hoo!!!!

Ugh...what a day!!

After being un-productive yesterday, I KNEW I had to get some things done.

Went tanning, finished printing off my magnets..
I went to Kinkos to have them laminate and was told to come back in 1 hr. I had 9 magnets...
!!!!

Well done on getting them free!!! I love luck like that!!! We somehow got 21 day Disney hopper tickets AND airport lounge access free this year, worth about $600 total. Someone messed up bad at the travel agents!!!!! :banana:

I didn't know that many of the people infected recovered without any treatment. The media makes it seem like it is a death sentence without treatment. I feel much better now! Let's go cruising!:boat:

I know, I can't believe I fell for all that hype and ruined several days planning. I cant wait to get to Disney!!!!

I'm going to change my attitude to "as long as we are able to get on the cruise I'm going to be thrilled". I'm sure with all of you on board we can make a party anywhere. Maybe I'll finally get Twighlight and sit on a deck chair and read the day away.

Jane

Great attitude!!!:goodvibes

I must say the best thing about tomorrow finally coming is that I can get cracking on the next Twilight book!!!

Welcome!!:cool1::welcome:

Yeah, I was bad and missed working out last night too :scared1:.
I SOOOOOOO agreee with your sister ("fat looks better brown") :lmao:. In fact, as I was trying swimsuits last night, that EXACT thing popped into my head as I looked at my view from the rear :yay:.

So Kathy, what work-out is it you do, that will give me those legs?!!!! I am going to need it in about 4 weeks time!

Here it is for when we need it!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31598316&posted=1#post31598316 I put up four posts to begin with so in case we have a huge influx of new cruisers in the next two weeks (like we have lately!), we should have enough room for everyone to have their pix up.

So do I need to tell someone in charge of the DIS that we're getting close to shutting this one down?

Thanks for doing this Val. You are a great thread Mama!!:goodvibes

I am the middle of unpacking!!! Have packed so much stuff I need to narrow it down. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS TIME TOMORROW WE WILL BE DRIVING TO THE AIRPORT WITH A BOX OF KRISPY KREMES FOR COMPANY (diet not going so well :sad2:)!!:cool1:

YUMMY!!!

I must say the best thing about tomorrow finally coming is that I can get cracking on the next Twilight book!!!

Can't wait for us all the meet up and talk about the books! Sonya - you're starting book 3, right?

Thanks for doing this Val. You are a great thread Mama!!:goodvibes

I LOVE IT!:lovestruc Val - our thread mom

Sonya - I'm so excited for you!!!! I don't know what we are going to do with out you for the next 2 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter