~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!:)

Well.....when I found out DCL had changed the May 2nd sailing to Nassau, Shawn and I we're in an :mad::sad2::mad:kinda mood...

We've been to Nassau on a previous DCL cruise and didn't like it at all. We just weren't impressed.

I truly hope we go somewhere else....I'm sorry I dont' share in some of the excitement about Nassau:sad1: We just didn't like it.

Some of you may really enjoy it though as we all are different;)

Completely agree! I am going with Tink113, and staying on the Magic:cheer2:

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!:)

Well.....when I found out DCL had changed the May 2nd sailing to Nassau, Shawn and I we're in an :mad::sad2::mad:kinda mood...

We've been to Nassau on a previous DCL cruise and didn't like it at all. We just weren't impressed.

I truly hope we go somewhere else....I'm sorry I dont' share in some of the excitement about Nassau:sad1: We just didn't like it.

Some of you may really enjoy it though as we all are different;)

I am SOOOO with you! I'll get over it by cruise time for sure and WILL make the best of it, but I now consider myself likely to be on a Bahamian cruise... If we do go to Nassau, I'm swimming with the sharks unless I can find an AI beach like we were planning to enjoy at Nachi Cocum.

We booked this cruise for such a great price that I know I shouldn't complain. However, closing my business for 6 working days costs me tons of $$$ and I just hope the vacation is worth what I'm losing...

Ok....I promise I'll try to be more positive from now on!

Shawan -- I like the way you think! "When life hands you lemons -- you make lemonade!"

I say, if we end up going to Nassau, let's make the biggest baddest lemonade we can. We can pick a beach and all head out and make our own fun for the day OR pick a deck and have our own deck party. One thing I know for sure -- with all of my DIS Friends with me, we will have a good time! :dance3:

Should I pack the mini-blender for margaritas?? ;)

:thumbsup2

I gotta be perfectly honest.... at this point, I don't care if the ship never leaves FL!
:thumbsup2

What a great attitude! I also have been to Nassau back on my only DCL cruise in 2001. We did the tour of "The Dig" aquarium at Atlantis and walked through the straw market. That's really it, it was nice but I;m just so so about thinking of going back. I'd be soooo thrilled if they did do Jamacia or Turks & Caicos!!!! :banana: Oh well! The cruise will still be awesome and the reason we booked it in the first place is that it was DISNEY!!! :rotfl: We'll still have an awesome time!!!

Wow! These boards are addictive! I can't seem to stop reading them:)

Can't wait until May 16th!
Completely agree! I am going with Tink113, and staying on the Magic:cheer2:

:welcome: to two new cruisers!! I found everafter1 on one of the swine flu threads and extended the invitation to join our thread. Glad to see mm4mm has joined us also! If there's any extra info/pix you want me to add to post #2, just let me know! :thumbsup2

Amanda--$35 to resend? That's insane! All that's really necessary in the packet are the luggage tags, so can you get just those sent out? Aren't they available anyway if you need more than 2 per person? Hopefully, though, the TA will pay to have them resent anyway since they were the ones that didn't get the address changed with DCL. BTW, did DCL send them directly to the old address? Both times, mine has gone to TA & then I pick them up from her. :confused3

:welcome: to two new cruisers!! I found everafter1 on one of the swine flu threads and extended the invitation to join our thread. Glad to see mm4mm has joined us also! If there's any extra info/pix you want me to add to post #2, just let me know! :thumbsup2

Amanda--$35 to resend? That's insane! All that's really necessary in the packet are the luggage tags, so can you get just those sent out? Aren't they available anyway if you need more than 2 per person? Hopefully, though, the TA will pay to have them resent anyway since they were the ones that didn't get the address changed with DCL. BTW, did DCL send them directly to the old address? Both times, mine has gone to TA & then I pick them up from her. :confused3

Turns out my parents went over to our old condo & knocked on the door to see if they had them & THEY DID! So, we are good to go...:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Ugh...what a day!!

After being un-productive yesterday, I KNEW I had to get some things done.

Went tanning, finished printing off my magnets..
I went to Kinkos to have them laminate and was told to come back in 1 hr. I had 9 magnets...
I came back and half of them were ruined!!! I was SO upset. Only 5 were useable.
They were like "Oh well, now pay for them!"
Luckily I stewed a bit before going to the register and found a really nice lady that worked there. She gave me her employee card and let me log into the computer system to find some of my magents. I was able to print 2 of them off that I could find. She then went and did a different laminate with them.
She gave me all of them for FREE!!!
I was so grateful for her, cause I was NOT going to pay $6 for junk!!
(She must have used her own Disney magic....especially after seeing my Disney Cruise magnets)
So now my magnets are DONE..and I finished my FE gifts!! WOO HOO!! Finally feeling ready to cruise. I'm going to pull out my luggage tomorrow and break into my 'packing room' and get those things ready.

I'm not letting the Swine Flu thingy get to me...We are cruising and that's all I can think about!!! :yay:

Cozumel, Nassau, Sea Day, Double Dip at Castaway Cay....whatever it will be, it'll be FUN!!!!!

The only alternatives I can see (besides Nassau) would be Jamaica or Turks and Caicos, both of which would be cool in my opinion. Both aren't too far away and could easily be accomodated with the current "route." I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I LOVE the Caribbean waters and really regret the fact that we will likely not be getting much time in them... Oh well...

Both of these alternatives would be great and I agree that now that they are going to Nassau it is a Bahamas cruise....not western caribbean.

It's too bad, I have no problem going to Mexico esp. Cozumel at this time. I would feel differently if it was Mexico City. Maybe I am not being realistic but either way I will have a great time because I am not working. I desparately need this break.

Carole, Amanda -- so glad you got your cruise docs!

JorDan -- way to go with the magnets! You remind me, I need to tan but a bit nervous. Am on some medication that may affect my skin in the sun. Not sure what the best approach is -- 5 mins to start? Any ideas??? Normally I tan easily.

Welcome to the new cruisers! This is a great group! Sit back, grab a cup of joe and enjoy the chatter. You will find yourself bonding with everyone very quickly :cloud9:.

As for cruise -- it will be fun. I am beat and it has been a hard day so maybe losing a bit of my "happy girl" attitude but we will all make the most of whatever they throw our way.

Now -- for the bad news. A toddler was diagnosed with the flu here in Austin. Not anywhere near where I live but eep -- very close to home so.....I am thinking some JUMBO bottles of lotion may be on order to help out our dry hands from all of the hand washing and Purell. We are going on this cruise gosh darn it and nothing is going to stop us -- EVEN if we have to live in a cave for the next 2 weeks!

Cinda -- have to get on a plane next Monday to San Jose. I am assuming the masks won't really help right? Any other thoughts on how I can stay healthy from that business trip?

One question for you guys -- if you aren't using DCL or a rental car for transportation, who are you using? I am price shopping them all and my head is spinning!!!!

Ok, back to washing the dishes then hopefully can get some sleep!!!

Good Night y'all!

Turns out my parents went over to our old condo & knocked on the door to see if they had them & THEY DID! So, we are good to go...
Yay!!! :yay:What in the world were they planning on doing with them?!?! You'd think they would have tried to contact you somehow.

I'm not letting the Swine Flu thingy get to me...We are cruising and that's all I can think about!!! :yay:

Cozumel, Nassau, Sea Day, Double Dip at Castaway Cay....whatever it will be, it'll be FUN!!!!!
I agree!! If we go to Nassau, we'll stay on the ship, just like we would if we were still going to Coz. If we have an extra sea day, that's fine with me, too! BUT if we go to CC twice... :) :cloud9: :worship: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool2: :goodvibes :woohoo: :hyper: party: :teeth: :jumping1: :thanks: ::yes:: :beach: Can you tell what my vote is for?!?! :rotfl2:

Ok so I just told Shawn, our Pirates IN the CARIBBEAN deck party that is supposed to be on night 5 while in Cozumel, is now probably going to be......

PIRATES IN THE "BAHAMAS"!!!!:lmao: Ok.....not really funny, just trying to find a little happiness in all this craziness!!!:cutie:

But I was just thinkin' all of the decor and signs they have for that say Caribbean???? What a mess.... Dang SWINE FLU!!!!:sad2:

Just found this on the main thread...the Cove Cafe menu:
46911spa1.jpg
46911spa4.jpg

46911spa3.jpg
46911spa2-med.jpg

Mmmmmmm...martinis!!!! :thumbsup2 Nuts & Berries here I come! :laughing: Can't wait!! :hyper:

JorDan -- way to go with the magnets! You remind me, I need to tan but a bit nervous. Am on some medication that may affect my skin in the sun. Not sure what the best approach is -- 5 mins to start? Any ideas??? Normally I tan easily.

Mati ~ I am a pretty pale midwestern girl. When I tan (in a 20 minute bed), I usually go for 8 minutes the first few times and add 3 - 4 minutes each time until I get up to 20. ~ Kathy

I just posted this on the main boards. Mabey I'm a little late but I didn't know this...

"The new swine flu virus is sensitive to the antiviral drugs Tamiflu and Relenza. The CDC recommends those drugs to prevent or treat swine flu; the drugs are most effective when taken within 48 hours of the start of flu symptoms. But not everyone needs those drugs; many of the first people in the U.S. with lab-confirmed swine flu recovered without treatment."

I didn't know that many of the people infected recovered without any treatment. The media makes it seem like it is a death sentence without treatment. I feel much better now! Let's go cruising!:boat:

Mati - I'm so glad that Kai only has allergies.

Carole, Amanda - Congratulations on finally getting your docs!

JorDan - Wow you got a ton done today!

Mati - You'll be in my neck of the woods (well sort of) we are about 1 hour away from San Jose. How long are you here for? Bring a jacket, it's been in the 60s and REALLY windy lately. We are using Budget (because I get a good corporate rate). We have the car for the week prior to the cruise (compact) for $177 and then the one way trip from the port to the airport for $50.

Just went to pick Brendan up from school (night class) and remembered that Baskin Robbins was having a $.31 scoop night. Bought dessert for the entire family (2 scoops each) for $2.48!!! :dance3:

I'm not thrilled at the possiblity of Nassau. We went there on our 3 day cruise, and then I had to go twice more for work (not as exciting as you wold think) and thought if I never had to visit there I'd be a happy camper. Been to the Atlantis and since we arent into gambling I don't need to pay for one of the excursions to get over there. I figure we might get off the ship and walk around the town, but I'm shooting for changing my spa appt from KW day so I can just stay on the ship and relax. One of the activities that we offered to our group (not cruise related) past trip was the SubBahamas tour at Stuarts Cove. Its a drive from downtown, but the group that went thought it was pretty cool. Just make sure to check to see if the bathroom on the boat is in working order before you depart (or go beforehand) that was the only complaint from our group.

I'm going to change my attitude to "as long as we are able to get on the cruise I'm going to be thrilled". I'm sure with all of you on board we can make a party anywhere. Maybe I'll finally get Twighlight and sit on a deck chair and read the day away.

Jane

Hey guys. Are any of you aware of this...

"Update from Webmaster Alex
Sorry for the delay on this, we had to have a piece of software custom written to cut up the existing long threads.
We have also decided how to handle long threads moving forward:
1. Threads will be closed at 250 pages (3750 posts)
2. Any existing thread over 250 pages will be locked as is.
3. The really long threads that were removed will come back over the next week or so. I have to shut the boards down to cut them up so I will try to do it during "off hours". We are also trying index them so people will be able to reference them. "

I just happend to come by this and we are only 12 pages away from 250. Mabey we should come up with an alternate form of communication since I'm sure we'll hit this limit pretty soon.

Let's go cruising!:boat:
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I agree!!

JorDan--WTG on getting your magnets laminated for FREE!! I'm sure it was a stressful situation in the beginning, though. :scared:

Trying to save on the # of posts, so I'll just edit this one!! Can we just start a new one and name it "part 2" like some of the longer ones do? I wonder what happened to them going until 25,000 or so. :confused: Bummer!!

Hey guys. Are any of you aware of this...

"Update from Webmaster Alex
Sorry for the delay on this, we had to have a piece of software custom written to cut up the existing long threads.
We have also decided how to handle long threads moving forward:
1. Threads will be closed at 250 pages (3750 posts)
2. Any existing thread over 250 pages will be locked as is.
3. The really long threads that were removed will come back over the next week or so. I have to shut the boards down to cut them up so I will try to do it during "off hours". We are also trying index them so people will be able to reference them. "

I just happend to come by this and we are only 12 pages away from 250. Mabey we should come up with an alternate form of communication since I'm sure we'll hit this limit pretty soon.

Austin77's Dad here one more time.
Just have someone start a new thread, name it the same but add the number 2 in the title.
I am on a thread for the Oct 24th Eastern and we are on thread # 22 (atleast last time I checked) and we still have 5 1/2 months til our cruise!:thumbsup2 Just let everyone now that you are doing it and then have an admin close thread # 1. What they do on the oct 24th thread is copy all the important info like names cabin numbers ect and place that on page one of the new thread.
Just an idea.
By the way, my wife and I are very jealous of austin77, and you guys for that matter. :worship:YOU ARE GOING ON A CRUISE IN 16 DAYS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter