May 10 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise Meet

Hello everyone!!

My name is Annalisa and I will be sailing on this Western Caribbean cruise with my boyfriend Sam. We are 22 and 21 respectively and will be coming all the way from Australia!

I am so ridiculously excited to go on this cruise and see everything that it has to offer. I was also referred to this forum from the CruiseCritic forum site.

I do have a question however, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a Visa question? I know we will need Visa's to enter the USA but I have never been on a cruise before so I don't know if we then need seperate Visa's for each port of call, I.E Mexico, Jamaica, Grand Cayman etc.

Would anyone be able to provide information on this or point me in the right direction? I am a little bit lost on this.

Thanks very much and I look forward to meeting some of you aboard! :)

Welcome to the cruise. We have a facebook group as well and deadlines for joining the Fish Extender or Mixology are March 29th and March 31st respectively :). Just ask if you'd like information about either of those :goodvibes

Most of the ports have an exception to the visa requirements if you're coming in on a cruise ship. However, I think you will need a visa for the Bahamas. Just to make sure, the best thing to do is to call all the respective embassies. DCL doesn't help too much with visa issues because they don't want to be liable for giving wrong information.

Ah! Thank you so much for the information Brianhcm1 and chiburple!

That definitely answered my questions :) I actually went onto the government websites for each country and it seems like Australia does not need a visa to get into any of those 3 countries. The only visa we will need is to get into the USA. I think this is done via the Visa Waiver Program.

That makes things a LOT easier as far as getting things organised goes.

I would actually love to join the facebook group! Is there a link I need or something I need to do?

Thanks guys!

Is anyone parasailing at Castaway? :confused: I booked it, but would be doing it alone. I'm not sure if I'm ready to that alone.

I've done the parasailing twice, the first time it was the most amazing and peaceful experience. The second time it was very windy and a bit scary for me. It's definitely worth trying at least once.

Ah! Thank you so much for the information Brianhcm1 and chiburple!

That definitely answered my questions :) I actually went onto the government websites for each country and it seems like Australia does not need a visa to get into any of those 3 countries. The only visa we will need is to get into the USA. I think this is done via the Visa Waiver Program.

That makes things a LOT easier as far as getting things organised goes.

I would actually love to join the facebook group! Is there a link I need or something I need to do?

Thanks guys!

Link :):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/477636842308954/

Just ask to join :goodvibes

Welcome to the cruise. We have a facebook group as well and deadlines for joining the Fish Extender or Mixology are March 29th and March 31st respectively :). Just ask if you'd like information about either of those :goodvibes

]

I've been trying to get info about the FE group - but so far, no one has responded... Do you have to be a member of the Facebook group?:confused:

]

I've been trying to get info about the FE group - but so far, no one has responded... Do you have to be a member of the Facebook group?:confused:

The FE group is being led by Sigris on FB. I don't think she checks here as often - you'll probably get faster results by going to FB!

Today I reviewed out itinerary for this cruise and noticed they did not have our Falmouth excursion listed. I called and they said someone canceled it. We did not cancel it. Who would/could do this? No one has our reservation number and pasword info. :sad::sad1::sad2:

Today I reviewed out itinerary for this cruise and noticed they did not have our Falmouth excursion listed. I called and they said someone canceled it. We did not cancel it. Who would/could do this? No one has our reservation number and pasword info. :sad::sad1::sad2:

Were they able to add it back on?

It sold out. We have to give them a week to figure out how to fix this. They are working on it. Nice way to treat Platinum guests.

Everyone needs to check their cruise to make sure nothing was dropped. And I had to explain to them that Embarkation Sail Away Party is not on Wednesday.

It sold out. We have to give them a week to figure out how to fix this. They are working on it. Nice way to treart Platinum guests.

That's crazy! I'm sorry :(

We decided to stay onboard that day, nothing looks particularly interesting to us. What excursion was it?

Horse and buggy tour. We booked it as soon as our "window" opened. We have printed forms that show we booked it. It shows both our names as "attendees". First they said no,we didn't book it, when I told them I have proof we did, they told us we cancelled it. That's dumb. I think they are trying to cover up an error on their part. We are very unhappy right now. That was the only excursion that appealed to us. We have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman with Disney, we booked this cruise because we want to visit Jamaica.

Horse and buggy tour. We booked it as soon as our "window" opened. We have printed forms that show we booked it. It shows both our names as "attendees". First they said no,we didn't book it, when I told them I have proof we did, they told us we cancelled it. That's dumb. I think they are trying to cover up an error on their part. We are very unhappy right now. That was the only excursion that appealed to us. We have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman with Disney, we booked this cruise because we want to visit Jamaica.

:headache: They've got to fix it, no way around it...

And I had to explain to them that Embarkation Sail Away Party is not on Wednesday.

I heard there would be a special sail away party from Falmouth as we will be the first Disney cruise to leave the port. Not sure if this is correct or rumor but I assumed this is what they are referring to.

First time blogging EVER and this will be our second DCL and third cruise overall. It will be myself, DW and DD (6). Has anyone ever done the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique before and is it worth it? I want to make this one special for my little one. Thank you.

First time blogging EVER and this will be our second DCL and third cruise overall. It will be myself, DW and DD (6). Has anyone ever done the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique before and is it worth it? I want to make this one special for my little one. Thank you.

Welcome! I know the BBB at WDW gets tons of action but I haven't heard much about the one on the Fantasy.

We will be on this cruise with all of you. I saw that a member named "Sigris" is leading the FE group but I PM'ed that name a couple of times and got an error message no user found. We did FE last cruise and the kids loved it and would like to do it this time as well but I don't Facebook.

Can anyone put me in touch with that group? Thanks.

We will be on this cruise with all of you. I saw that a member named "Sigris" is leading the FE group but I PM'ed that name a couple of times and got an error message no user found. We did FE last cruise and the kids loved it and would like to do it this time as well but I don't Facebook.

Can anyone put me in touch with that group? Thanks.

:welcome:

Sigris's username here on disboards is Hollywood Glitter. I don't know if she checks her disboards account though. Unfortunately she and her family were forced to drop out of this cruise. However, she was very kind in offering to continue maintaining the FE list regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter