May 10 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise Meet

I went ahead and created a google spreadsheet to tally attendees for Mixology class. If you are interested please fill in a row with your party's information. Right now, signing up doesn't commit you to anything - you can always take your name off later. If we make it to at least 25 participants then I'll contact DCL about the details and setting it up.

And, without further adieu....: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvRLten1FxdhdEF1dHdvdFlmaHBDVGdERkR5c3pubHc#gid=0
I signed us up for this......how does it work? ie collection of money?
Thanks for doing this! Hope we make the cut.

New to this group.......:cool1:
DH and I are celebrating 31 years of married bliss.
We are signed up for the FE group and Mixology class. Can't wait to meet you all.

Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
I went ahead and created a google spreadsheet to tally attendees for Mixology class. If you are interested please fill in a row with your party's information. Right now, signing up doesn't commit you to anything - you can always take your name off later. If we make it to at least 25 participants then I'll contact DCL about the details and setting it up.

And, without further adieu....: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5c3pubHc#gid=0

I just sign DH and myself up for this. I read that if you have more than 50, they could break it up into 2 groups. The only restriction we would have, if it fell on Palo night, we are booking Palo on the 14th (Jamaica port). Normally they do not have 'tastings' on port days, they usually have them on sea days.

Please let me know if we will be able to attend - since the list reads 51.

Thanks for setting this up.
Kathy

I signed us up for this......how does it work? ie collection of money?
Thanks for doing this! Hope we make the cut.

My understanding from speaking with the DCL rep is that they should be able to just charge your stateroom for this the way they would for a regular tasting. I'll let you know if that changes once I get in contact with the rep again, but I don't think it will :)

Are you a confirmed registration or do you still need a little time to decide? Just asking so I can mark a 'yes' by your name if you're ready :goodvibes.

Originally Posted by chiburple View Post

And, without further adieu....: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5c3pubHc#gid=0

I just sign DH and myself up for this. I read that if you have more than 50, they could break it up into 2 groups. The only restriction we would have, if it fell on Palo night, we are booking Palo on the 14th (Jamaica port). Normally they do not have 'tastings' on port days, they usually have them on sea days.

Please let me know if we will be able to attend - since the list reads 51.

Thanks for setting this up.
Kathy

Welcome to Mixology Kathy! They do have tastings on port days, however my plan is to request this for the afternoon of the first at sea day. I think it's a great way to get to know your fellow cruisers so you recognize them when you run into each other during the remainder of the cruise :). Of course, DCL has final say on when this happens, but I doubt they would force us to do it on a port day.
So long as we have no cancellations, it looks like you've made the cut! At the very least, here's to hoping we have more new registrations than cancellations :goodvibes

My understanding from speaking with the DCL rep is that they should be able to just charge your stateroom for this the way they would for a regular tasting. I'll let you know if that changes once I get in contact with the rep again, but I don't think it will :)

Are you a confirmed registration or do you still need a little time to decide? Just asking so I can mark a 'yes' by your name if you're ready :goodvibes.

Welcome to Mixology Kathy! They do have tastings on port days, however my plan is to request this for the afternoon of the first at sea day. I think it's a great way to get to know your fellow cruisers so you recognize them when you run into each other during the remainder of the cruise :). Of course, DCL has final say on when this happens, but I doubt they would force us to do it on a port day.
So long as we have no cancellations, it looks like you've made the cut! At the very least, here's to hoping we have more new registrations than cancellations :goodvibes

Thank you for organizing this. We haven't done the Mixology before, but have done the Martini tastings a couple of times.

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the order of "theme nights"'on this cruise? My activity booking date is coming up fast and I need to organize when we are going to do Palo, BBB, and some spa treatments.
Thanks!

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the order of "theme nights"'on this cruise? My activity booking date is coming up fast and I need to organize when we are going to do Palo, BBB, and some spa treatments.
Thanks!

I was looking for the same information.

The last time we cruised was last year. We cruised Western but had a different Itinerary) We did Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and CC and it was as follows:

Saturday - Cruise Casual
Sunday - formal (sea day)
Monday - Cruise Casual (Costa Maya)Cozumel
Tuesday - Pirate (Grand Cayman)Grand Cayman
Wednesday - Cruise Casual (Cozumel)Jamaica
Thursday - Semi Formal (sea day)
Friday - Cruise Casual (Castaway Cay)

I'm going under the assumption that we would have the same Theme nights (See Red highlight)

I did notice on my reservation that there is a Sail away party on our night departing Jamaica. That should be fun. I assume it is because we are the first time into Jamaica.

We will be a 'yes' for the confirmed group......we have Remy Dinner booked for Mother's Day, and Palo dinner for the other at sea day.
We will be nice and 'well oiled' haha!

The last time we cruised was last year. We cruised Western but had a different Itinerary) We did Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and CC and it was as follows:

Saturday - Cruise Casual

I'm going under the assumption that we would have the same Theme nights (See Red highlight)

I did notice on my reservation that there is a Sail away party on our night departing Jamaica. That should be fun. I assume it is because we are the first time into Jamaica.

Hmmm... Tracy posted this itinerary on facebook for confirmation:

Night 1 - Rotation Menu
Night 2 - Rotation Menu - Formal Night
Night 3 - Rotation Menu
Night 4 - Princess Menu
Night 5 - Pirate Menu
Night 6 - Semi Formal Night
Night 7 - Farewell

It matched with the one I had, but I hadn't heard about a sailing away party from Jamaica so my information might be totally wrong :worried:. The only difference between the two is that pirate night is on the 5th night (Jamaica) instead of the 4rth.

This is the first time I've heard of this. I didn't realize it would be the Fantasy's first time in Jamaica on this cruise.

This is the first time I've heard of this. I didn't realize it would be the Fantasy's first time in Jamaica on this cruise.

I saw that it said Sail away party on Jamaica night, so I checked earlier sailings and I could not see any others that stopped in Jamaica.

Reference Chriburple comment of: Hmmm... Tracy posted this itinerary on facebook for confirmation:

Night 1 - Rotation Menu
Night 2 - Rotation Menu - Formal Night
Night 3 - Rotation Menu
Night 4 - Princess Menu
Night 5 - Pirate Menu
Night 6 - Semi Formal Night
Night 7 - Farewell

It matched with the one I had, but I hadn't heard about a sailing away party from Jamaica so my information might be totally wrong . The only difference between the two is that pirate night is on the 5th night (Jamaica) instead of the 4rth.

My response: I was just going by our itinerary for the Western cruise last August. I had not see any other information on the menus, so I could be way off base. Maybe the Sail away Party on the 5th night is for Pirates. I wonder if it will tell us when we are able to do our check in and excursions. I'll try to repost after I do mine on the 25th.

Has a date been set to end FE signup? Waiting for a count before I decide what my gifts will be.

Saturday - Cruise Casual

Sad news :(. Unfortunately the 'Sail Away' party on our Jamaica day was just a typo. That's supposed to be pirate party. At least that's what the CM told me...

Sad news :(. Unfortunately the 'Sail Away' party on our Jamaica day was just a typo. That's supposed to be pirate party. At least that's what the CM told me...

This is what I received from DCL:

On 7-night Western Caribbean cruises visiting Falmouth Jamaica on Disney
Fantasy:
*Nights 1, 3, 4, & 7: cruise casual
*Night 2: "formal night" - formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for
women: gown or dress
*Night 5: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your
best pirate outfit!
*Night 6: "semi-formal night" - semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket;
for women: dress or pantsuit.

This is what I received from DCL:

On 7-night Western Caribbean cruises visiting Falmouth Jamaica on Disney
Fantasy:
*Nights 1, 3, 4, & 7: cruise casual
*Night 2: "formal night" - formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for
women: gown or dress
*Night 5: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your
best pirate outfit!
*Night 6: "semi-formal night" - semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket;
for women: dress or pantsuit.

Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping they would do something special for Jamaica night. But that is ok. Disney does everything special :yay::yay:

Hello Everyone.

Just finished paying for the cruise, so we are now official.
Cat 6B GTY

After this winter, we will be ready for this cruise.

Hi everyone,
I posted on the FB page but wanted to post here as well... Sad to say we wont be sailing. We need to focus on paying off our adoption right now. We are postponing and plan on sailing May 2015. Hope you guys have a fabulous vacation!!!

Please make sure to take us off the FE list

Hello. Posting here since I'm not a member of the Facebook group. I had signed up earlier for 4 adults to attend the private mixology session and now need to remove the four of us from that group. Can the individual leading the charge on that please remove us or link me back to the spreadsheet and I will be happy to do it myself.

Thanks very much - hope you all have a great time!

Brenda

Hi everyone,
I posted on the FB page but wanted to post here as well... Sad to say we wont be sailing. We need to focus on paying off our adoption right now. We are postponing and plan on sailing May 2015. Hope you guys have a fabulous vacation!!!

Please make sure to take us off the FE list

That's a pretty good reason to postpone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter