May 1 - May 8 - still busy in the Parks?

There is also a huge cheer competition at Disney that weekend

Do cheer competitions add a noticeable amount of people to the parks vs. a non-cheer weekend when any number of other things are taking place? Aren't they busy competing somewhere else?

I think the biggest impact of cheer squads you will see will be at the resorts, and to be specific, probably the All-Stars - with Sports seeing the biggest lot of them.

Do cheer competitions add a noticeable amount of people to the parks vs. a non-cheer weekend when any number of other things are taking place? Aren't they busy competing somewhere else?

I wouldn't say that the cheer groups change the parks dramatically. There are a lot of them but I think it's most noticeable because they are usually dressed in "cheer" fashion so they stand out from your other park families. My only gripe about going during cheer time is the annoying tendency for them to cut other people in lines. I'm not saying it's all of them but I have seen it enough to call it a pattern. My most annoying experience was a group of at least 15-20 that cut off the FP line almost at the ride (space mountain) so they could ride with their "group," which happened be literally 3 girls up in the front of the line. :(

So busier...not so much. Just louder

We are going to be there your same dates. We also were fine getting FP for 9 people. When we chose this timeframe more than a year ago I started watching Orlando weather the first week of May and I do remember seeing very hot temperatures! We have our cooling towels and misting fans for the kids and plan shorter days so hoping it works out fine.

I bet you'll have a great time. I find the humidity makes it worse so let's hope for some dry weather.
On the good side, it hardly rains during our May trips. We went in July before and it rained every afternoon like clockwork.

"Some Random Tuesday in ... um ... September?"

I wonder if there is any non-busy times, now, really.
We are going in May this time, hoping for less crowds than October. But if not less crowds at least more MK hours. MK is soooo busy on none party nights, it’s like a Saturday every day. And the other parks are so busy on party nights, it’s just not fun.

We'll be there May 10-20. We've always gone in early May and always had gorgeous weather and manageable crowds. Any guesses as to wether they will increase hours as they did for the 4th and 5th? On previous trips, MK was always open at least until 11pm, even midnight in 2014 (with EMH until 2am, no less!). I find that 9pm close to be very early!

A few years ago we went in the beginning of May and the weather was beautiful. Crowd-wise Disney just seems to be getting busier every year, but it was definitely less busy a few years ago in May than last year in when we visited in July...

We have gone that week many years. Last year it was more crowded than it had ever been but it wasn't spring break crowded.

Is the the weekend of the 4th or the 11th?

It's both weekends. We were there last year for the first weekend and other than seeing the groups in the parks it was no big deal. This year we are going May 1-6 and I hope it's as wonderful weather wise and crowd wise as it was last year.

We love going in mid-May! You have gotten past spring break, but it's before schools are out, before Memorial Day, you get the end of Flower and Garden, and the temperatures haven't gotten too crazy yet. It's a really, really great time to go.

Considering how busy January this year (2018) was (mid and late Jan - when there were no school days off/holidays), I would plan on larger crowds than past years that week. Sure beats going during Easter or spring break, for sure.

we will be there the 12th-19th of may,hoping for better crowds and weather than july or august when we have been in the past.

We go May 1 thru May 8 every year and have a wonderful time. Crowds are manageable, weather is fine and we don't have to force ourselves to have a great time. We go at this time of the year to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This year it will be our 49th and we are anxious to get there.

I've been during this time frame the last 5 years and going back this year. The weather is LOVELY! Crowds are manageable, especially in the mornings. Rope drop remains your best friend. Expect headliners to have waits of 55-70 minutes by lunch time.

Epcot will be more crowded on Fridays and Saturdays with school end of the year day trips. MK is always a nightmare on Saturdays, no matter when you go.

We love going in mid-May! You have gotten past spring break, but it's before schools are out, before Memorial Day, you get the end of Flower and Garden, and the temperatures haven't gotten too crazy yet. It's a really, really great time to go.

This sums it up really well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter