MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I have a question. I think I read someone in this forum that did this..

I have park hoppers that I will upgrade to Annual Pass, the low tier one... As we go into the park the first day , the timing of the upgrade is what I need to work out

I read from someone that they purchased the $10 Maxpass for the day and then when they went to upgrade their AP they took the $10 towards the $75 maxpass yearly cost for AP.

Anyone have any experience on this?
I've read this reported on this thread. No personal experience.

1st time using maxpass this week-couple a questions. How easy is it to purchase once you enter park? I already have cc entered in account and just assume you click maxpass and buy pretty easily, but haven't seen steps anywhere. 2nd - all tix and maxpasses will be on my account. Does everyone in party need to have an account with maxpass interlinked between accounts, or just 1 of us and others login to my account? The question is around utilizing the included photopass for other family members when I may not be around. Thank you.

1st time using maxpass this week-couple a questions. How easy is it to purchase once you enter park? I already have cc entered in account and just assume you click maxpass and buy pretty easily, but haven't seen steps anywhere. 2nd - all tix and maxpasses will be on my account. Does everyone in party need to have an account with maxpass interlinked between accounts, or just 1 of us and others login to my account? The question is around utilizing the included photopass for other family members when I may not be around. Thank you.
If you're not around they can get the little card from the photopass photographer and add that card into your account later.

MP was amazing on our one day visit yesterday!! It was pretty busy but we were able to all our musts! I will definitely use it again on all future trips.

You only need one account for however many people you want to link together to potentially get MaxPass/FastPasses together.

(Before going to the parks)
1. Add each ticket into the AP by scanning the barcode or entering the numbers. For each ticket, give it a name so you know whose is whose -- especially important if you plan to split up or get different FPs. (I put their initial on the physical card so we knew which one they needed to hold to go through the gate and sign/get their picture taken)
2. Once you have ALL entered the gate scanners, pull up the app and click on the "Get FP" icon. It will prompt you to re-enter your password, and then enter the 3-digit verification code from the back of the credit card attached to your account. As soon as this clears and you get a "success" type of message, you can book your first set of FPs, even before park opening.

To have others use the PhotoPass when you are not together:
1. (Before you separate) Go to the "My Photos" section and the "Link PhotoPass" icon. It will pull up a QR code that anyone in your party can use to put the photos on your account.
2. Take a screenshot of the QR code and text it to anyone in your party who might need it. They can show that to any photographer who will scan it after they take the photos.
3. For ride photos, take a quick shot of the after-ride screen with the letters and numbers (like C38475637). Later -- even the next day -- you can add them into the app, also under the Link PhotoPass section -- "Link photo, card or purchase"
4. If anyone has photos taken and doesn't have the QR code with them, they can get a card with a QR code from that photographer and you can scan it to the app later.

PHXscuba

You only need one account for however many people you want to link together to potentially get MaxPass/FastPasses together.

1. Add each ticket into the AP by scanning the barcode or entering the numbers. For each ticket, give it a name so you know whose is whose -- especially important if you plan to split up or get different FPs. (I put their initial on the physical card so we knew which one they needed to hold to go through the gate and sign/get their picture taken)
2. Once you have ALL entered the gate scanners, pull up the app and click on the "Get FP" icon. It will prompt you to re-enter your password, and then enter the 3-digit verification code from the back of the credit card attached to your account. As soon as this clears and you get a "success" type of message, you can book your first set of FPs, even before park opening.

1. (Before you separate) Go to the "My Photos" section and the "Link PhotoPass" icon. It will pull up a QR code that anyone in your party can use to put the photos on your account.
2. Take a screenshot of the QR code and text it to anyone in your party who might need it. They can show that to any photographer who will scan it after they take the photos.
3. For ride photos, take a quick shot of the after-ride screen with the letters and numbers (like C38475637). Later -- even the next day -- you can add them into the app, also under the Link PhotoPass section -- "Link photo, card or purchase"
4. If anyone has photos taken and doesn't have the QR code with them, they can get a card with a QR code from that photographer and you can scan it to the app later.

PHXscuba

Excellent - Really appreciate the detailed response!

Hi! I just wanted to post here that I just came back from a 4 day trip. We purchased MP all 4 days, even though the first day we had MHP and the last day we could only stay in the parks until 3:30pm. However, I am SO glad we purchased it. It was well worth the cost for us, 2 people at $20/day. I have never done so much at Disneyland and honestly had the best trip ever.

We are big on rides and often times don’t have enough time to check out shows like Frozen or Magical Map. But with MP we had enough time (can't believe I've never seen Magical Map... it's amazing). More importantly we were way more relaxed. It’s so nice to not have to run and grab FPs. Also, photos is a plus. With all this time on our hands we found ourselves waiting in more Photopass lines! Anyway, I highly recommend MP. A huge thank you to this thread for helping me prepare with vital tips (like: purchase and grab your first one immediately after entering the park, always grab a new one whenever your window is open to maximize the amount you can grab through the day, if you can afford the battery/data check MP windows-- someone may have cancelled their MP and you can pick it up, etc.)

Honestly I hope MP never goes away. The only way to do DLR now for me.

For my March trip I am considering purchasing a 5 day hopper. Then upgrading to deluxe AP. I cannot lock in the MP price for the AP. Should I get it on the 5 day passes? Or will it ruin it for my next trip when I will probably not be able to afford MP?

PHXscuba

I added our tickets a couple weeks ago, and at that point I didn't see any option to name the tickets, and going back into the app I still don't see anything. Is that just for APs or is it possible to name just regular passes (we have 3 day PH)? Thank you!

Apologies if this has been asked and answered: How does Maxpass work with early entry mornings? Can you begin to book fastpasses as soon as you are in the park, or is the system down until the official park opening time?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered: How does Maxpass work with early entry mornings? Can you begin to book fastpasses as soon as you are in the park, or is the system down until the official park opening time?
As soon as you are in the park.

I am going in a few weeks with a group of seven and our budget does not allow for Maxpass ($350 USD for everyone with our 5-day hoppers). I will get it for mine just to access the photos. But all the talk about how awesome it is has me pretty bummed out. I need someone to tell me we are going to be fine without it!

I am going in a few weeks with a group of seven and our budget does not allow for Maxpass ($350 USD for everyone with our 5-day hoppers). I will get it for mine just to access the photos. But all the talk about how awesome it is has me pretty bummed out. I need someone to tell me we are going to be fine without it!
YOU'LL BE FINE! :) You got 5 days- plenty of time!

I had it because I upgraded to an AP plus the MaxPass and tried unsuccessfully to get it for my DS15 who had a 5 day park hopper. The wifi would just not cooperate until later in the day and by then it seemed like a waste to bother with it. WE WERE FINE! It would have been handy, but by no means did we suffer by not having it. We just used mine for all the photos, like you are planning. We didn't miss out on anything over the 5 days, and I'm sure you will find the same. Have a wonderful time!

I'm here today and have maxpass i need some tips

1) my other tickets like halloween party keep appearing on the screen whrn i go create a fastapass party. And every time i have to deselect all and pick the 4 with maxpass. Is there any trick so i dont have to go through this every single time?

2)How to check fastpass times when I still have a FP active? I dont see to find a way to do this. I thought i could keep a watch for cancellations for some rides and if i found one cancel my current fp. But I cant find available times and this is kind of frustrating to plan what to do next when my window opens at least.

1) my other tickets like halloween party keep appearing on the screen whrn i go create a fastapass party. And every time i have to deselect all and pick the 4 with maxpass. Is there any trick so i dont have to go through this every single time?

2)How to check fastpass times when I still have a FP active? I dont see to find a way to do this. I thought i could keep a watch for cancellations for some rides and if i found one cancel my current fp. But I cant find available times and this is kind of frustrating to plan what to do next when my window opens at least.
You can only look for cancellations when you are able to book your next fp.

I kept track of what other windows were looking like by scrolling over the the rides on the map. When you click on them it shows current wait times but also current FP distribution windows. For me it happened once that even with a current MP (I think it was for screamin), the window for GoTG showed as distributing for the current time (it was like 1-2). So I was able to cancel my MP and grab that one. I dunno if it was a fluke or a miracle but it worked for me haha.

Please correct me if I am wrong. We are a family of 6 and MP for 5 days is just too much but I was going to get it just for me for the PP part. If I have MP can I just pull paper FP with everyone else? I thought I could but just wanted to make sure it hadn't changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter