MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I hope MaxPass has the ability to dump passes.

FP+ does at WDW so I'm assuming that MP will have the same ability. I think it's nice not only because it frees you up to do something else, but it also (I assume again) adds that FP back into the system for someone else to use.

So far, all they've said is that MP will be a digital replacement for the current FP system. Since the current system doesn't allow you to cancel passes, I would assume that MP won't either.

Bob

That's what I was starting to think as well. Does make me wonder how it would work if someone "releases" a pass for a time period in which the fastpasses have already been given out, e.g., It is 1:00, someone releases a RSR fastpass for 2:00 when the machines are currently having 8:00 return times. Would that 2:00 return time only be available in the app and the user would be given a choice of which time they would like? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

This is exactly what happens with WDW FP+. When I tour there, after I use my first 3 "book in advance" FP's, I book the next ride for whatever is available. While we're off doing something else, I continually refresh to see what's available and often times the most popular rides will pop up with practically immediate entry times. I'm not sure if that'll apply on the app only vs. in person, but technically it should.

So far, all they've said is that MP will be a digital replacement for the current FP system. Since the current system doesn't allow you to cancel passes, I would assume that MP won't either.

Bob
Max Pass is not a replacement for the current system it is an addition to the current system.

This is exactly what happens with WDW FP+. When I tour there, after I use my first 3 "book in advance" FP's, I book the next ride for whatever is available. While we're off doing something else, I continually refresh to see what's available and often times the most popular rides will pop up with practically immediate entry times. I'm not sure if that'll apply on the app only vs. in person, but technically it should.
The difference is WDW (from what I understand) you can book FP for specific times. DL does not/will not.

Just guessing, but probably nothing happens. IF the ability to cancel fastpasses gets added, I assume it will only benefit the person who chooses to cancel the fastpass by immediately giving them the ability to choose a new fastpass. It's not like there won't be some fastpasses that don't get used whether or not someone chooses to officially discard or cancel them, and there will still be people in both the standby and fastpass lines for the rides, so there is certainly no reason for Disney to backfill cancelled fastpass slots. Just my opinion.

I would assume this would be the case. Otherwise you have weird stuff like having an earlier time suddenly available in the app or kiosk for 5 seconds, then when someone grabs it, it would flick back to the end of the queue again? Nah, they will keep it simple I think. Once a slot is full, it rolls on, even if people dump passes. As mentioned, even now there's some passes that don't get used because people are stuck in the wrong spot, or change their plans etc. It's not like an empty table at a restaurant that can be filled.

Forgive if I am posting already shared - I have not seen it here yet.

Some more rumor/tidbits on MP and the new FP system from MiceChat. It sounds like the instant FP may be here to stay.

http://micechat.com/165197-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-max-pass

Does anyone have a list of which rides are doing instant FP?

:wizard:

We were there 6/22 and 6/23. The rides we used FP for almost instantly were Star Tours, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain, if I remember correctly.

Does anyone have a list of which rides are doing instant FP?

We were there 6/22 and 6/23. The rides we used FP for almost instantly were Star Tours, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain, if I remember correctly.

The ones we were able to grab instant (or almost instant) Fastpasses for over the last few days also included TSMM, Matterhorn, Buzz, and GRR during certain times of the day. I know we grabbed a Fastpass yesterday for GRR for 3:30 at around 3:15.

California Screaming and Goofy's Sky Coaster also have instant return times. We did California Screamin 4 times in a row yesterday. Soarin is like 5 minutes off so it's basically instant as well. We had an amazing morning yesterday because of it:
Entered parks right at 7:00 and had lunch at 11:00 this is what we were able to accomplish in those 4 hours:
1. Guardians of the Galaxy (twice)
2. Radiator Springs Racers (twice)
3. Soarin' (twice)
4. Toy Story Mania
5. Goofy's Sky Coaster (twice)
6. California Screamin' (four times)
7. Luigi's ride
8. Mater's ride
9. Monsters Inc.

Had lunch and then went back to the hotel to rest. Came back around 3:00 and with instant return times we crammed basically everything else in (all the "kiddie" rides on the pier, turtle talk with crush, animation academy and redwood creek challenge) before we headed you Disneyland for our Blue Bayou Mainstreet electrical parade dinner package. (And again, because of instant return times we grabbed an Indy fast pass on our way in and because of the instant return time rode haunted mansion and pirates (standby) all before our dinner reservation at 5:50!

It was a pretty awesome day.

I don't think there is one set list of attractions on instant return. Most of it varies on how popular an attraction is on any given day. For example, Star Tours usually hangs around instant return or a 30-40 minute wait during busier hours. I would scratch off the most popular attractions from instant FP, such as Space Mountain, Indiana, Splash, Guardians, RSR, etc. The Disneyland app is your best friend, just keep an eye on return times and strategize to maximize your rides.

California Screaming and Goofy's Sky Coaster also have instant return times. We did California Screamin 4 times in a row yesterday. Soarin is like 5 minutes off so it's basically instant as well. We had an amazing morning yesterday because of it:
Entered parks right at 7:00 and had lunch at 11:00 this is what we were able to accomplish in those 4 hours:
1. Guardians of the Galaxy (twice)
2. Radiator Springs Racers (twice)
3. Soarin' (twice)
4. Toy Story Mania
5. Goofy's Sky Coaster (twice)
6. California Screamin' (four times)
7. Luigi's ride
8. Mater's ride
9. Monsters Inc.

Had lunch and then went back to the hotel to rest. Came back around 3:00 and with instant return times we crammed basically everything else in (all the "kiddie" rides on the pier, turtle talk with crush, animation academy and redwood creek challenge) before we headed you Disneyland for our Blue Bayou Mainstreet electrical parade dinner package. (And again, because of instant return times we grabbed an Indy fast pass on our way in and because of the instant return time rode haunted mansion and pirates (standby) all before our dinner reservation at 5:50!

It was a pretty awesome day.
This is amazing! Can you give me some more advice? Did you use FP for every ride or did you ride stand by for some? Which FP did you pull first? We're there FP during EMH? I would love to follow your strategy. Thanks

This is amazing! Can you give me some more advice? Did you use FP for every ride or did you ride stand by for some? Which FP did you pull first? We're there FP during EMH? I would love to follow your strategy. Thanks

At rope drop (we did early hour, so the park opened at 7:00), we were the first at our turnstile, we went to Guardians of the Galaxy and rode that twice while my mom pulled RSR fast passes for us (return time 8:00-9:00). We then scrambled to RSR and rode standby and then went to Toy Story (which was down at rope drop and just opened as we got there which helped us) and rode stand by too. By then our fast pass for RSR was open and we went there and rode it a second time.

We walked on to California Screamin' twice and pulled instant return fast passes two other times. We pulled an instant return fast pass for Goify's Sky School and Soarin'. We also pulled a fast pass for grizzly which had a 45 minute wait return time. Everything else we did standby. The lines were excellent (except for RSR and GoG). Is this instant return time going to stay? It was amazing seeing how many people didn't even look at the fast pass return time and just stood in line. Especially for Soarin'.

Case in point: right now, star tours has a 60 minute wait at 6:38. And the fast pass return time is 6:40-7:40.

At rope drop (we did early hour, so the park opened at 7:00), we were the first at our turnstile, we went to Guardians of the Galaxy and rode that twice while my mom pulled RSR fast passes for us (return time 8:00-9:00). We then scrambled to RSR and rode standby and then went to Toy Story (which was down at rope drop and just opened as we got there which helped us) and rode stand by too. By then our fast pass for RSR was open and we went there and rode it a second time.

We walked on to California Screamin' twice and pulled instant return fast passes two other times. We pulled an instant return fast pass for Goify's Sky School and Soarin'. We also pulled a fast pass for grizzly which had a 45 minute wait return time. Everything else we did standby. The lines were excellent (except for RSR and GoG). Is this instant return time going to stay? It was amazing seeing how many people didn't even look at the fast pass return time and just stood in line. Especially for Soarin'.
Thanks for all this! I don't expect to be so lucky but I'll try to follow your strategy. We will be there in one week!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter