MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

How hot as it been? It is usually 10-20 degrees cooler than we are. We were hitting 105-108 all week. I was expecting it to be high 80s/low 90s next week. Is it hotter??

I'm glad they don't. With people saving them up all day, then everyone getting in line in the evening, it really delayed the standby lines. One time, our party was at Soarin', and the line was inside the building, the FP line extended out to Taste Pilots. But with taking FP ahead of standby, it took 60 mins, for what should have been a 15 min standby point. The system was designed to be used thruout the day, and not saved up and bunched up in the evening.

I admit, we used to really take advantage of that at Epcot in the old days, to avoid backtracking. I can see the problem with bunching up in the evening. But, I think an unwritten extra cushion of 15-30 minutes is reasonable to account for unexpected delays and keep guests happy without substantially affecting FP returns at any particular time of day.

Did you two approach the FP lines together or at separate times? I'm just wondering if they saw both of you together and figured "oh, they just mixed up their tickets".
Sorry I took long to reply. I was having so much fun at the parks that I didn't check this thread. Here's another example we did. We had a rider too short for RSR and a rider who decided not to go. They had FP on their tickets. Two other members of our group used their park tickets to ride a second time. No problems. I'm sure if there was a picture match up, the CM would have questioned the 13 year old using a 3 year olds ticket. We had no problem doing this.

It's simple, folks. When the window opens the runner can get the next fast pass. Once he or she returns to the group everyone can then scan their tickets and ride the attraction. I don't get the whole scan first then run problem. Just swap the order. I did this many times Wednesday. I'd tell the family, "Meet me by Space Mountain," then I'd run to Big Thunder and grab a FP and return and ride Space together.
I haven't finished reading this whole thread, but I wanted to point out that this doesn't work with the new system. I was at Guardians FP distribution. A guest had current FP return time that she hadn't used yet. Her window was open to use, but she wanted to grab another set before getting on the ride since those FP go fast. She argued with the CM. The CM kept telling her that as soon as she "redeemed" her current FP that she could get another one. So, you can't hold 2 FP at the same time. You must use your set before getting a new one if your window is open to use.

I haven't finished reading this whole thread, but I wanted to point out that this doesn't work with the new system. I was at Guardians FP distribution. A guest had current FP return time that she hadn't used yet. Her window was open to use, but she wanted to grab another set before getting on the ride since those FP go fast. She argued with the CM. The CM kept telling her that as soon as she "redeemed" her current FP that she could get another one. So, you can't hold 2 FP at the same time. You must use your set before getting a new one if your window is open to use.
For the same attraction. This is not new except now you must USE the FP first.

@disneychrista is correct. You can't hold two unused FP for the same attraction at the same time. You can hold them for different attractions at the same time; we routinely held 2-3 at a time last week.

For the same attraction. This is not new except now you must USE the FP first.
To clarify, under the old system, you could pull a new one as soon as your time opened (they had no idea if you used it.) But under the new one, they scan you out of the system, so I can see this now happening.

To clarify, under the old system, you could pull a new one as soon as your time opened (they had no idea if you used it.) But under the new one, they scan you out of the system, so I can see this now happening.
Never mind been set straight about this. I was misunderstanding.

Last edited:

That wasn't my experience at all. Last week I frequently held two or three fastpasses at a time.

You have to use your physical entrance ticket to get a FP.

However, you can scan your entrance ticket into the official Disneyland App or even take a photo of the bar code and they will let you through the FP when you scan the phone instead of the physical entrance ticket.

This will allow people not riding to collect Fast passes while others ride.

You have to use your physical entrance ticket to get a FP.

However, you can scan your entrance ticket into the official Disneyland App or even take a photo of the bar code and they will let you through the FP when you scan the phone instead of the physical entrance ticket.

This will allow people not riding to collect Fast passes while others ride.
Now that's good to know! Do you have any idea if it scans all the tickets linked to your account? Or do you need to scroll through each ticket/barcode? Seems it would be faster letting everyone pass through with their own ticket/phone if you have to scroll through them.

Now that's good to know! Do you have any idea if it scans all the tickets linked to your account? Or do you need to scroll through each ticket/barcode? Seems it would be faster letting everyone pass through with their own ticket/phone if you have to scroll through them.

We scrolled on one phone.
The Disneyland App wasn't working all that well so we took a photo of the barcode on the ticket and that worked and was allowed.

Not sure why you cannot just use the Fastpass ticket itself.

Last edited:
The Disneyland App wasn't working all that well so we took a photo and that worked and was allowed.

Thank you for answering. We'll probably roll with APs facing out in lanyards next trip I think. It's very rare for us to need someone to grab FPs while others ride but it's good to know we can if we need to.

The Disneyland App wasn't working all that well so we took a photo and that worked and was allowed.

It seems Disney wants to make everything linked to the admission ticket. I would not be surprised if the physical fastpass "reminder" is discontinued, once guests adapt to the new system.

It seems Disney wants to make everything linked to the admission ticket. I would not be surprised if the physical fastpass "reminder" is discontinued, once guests adapt to the new system.

I don't think they will ever discontinue the paper reminders. WAY too many guests still don't use smart phones and there are so many large groups that visit the park that using the phone app becomes problematic.

You couldn't pull a new FP for the same attraction if the original FP was still active under the old system either. You can't hold an active FP for the same attraction and get a new one for that attraction but you can hold several active FPs for different rides under both systems.
Under the old system, they never scanned you out of the system. They collected your FP, then trashed them. As recently as June 16th, I held a FP for Guardians for 840-940, and grabbed a new FP for Guardians at 845, prior to riding. They had no way of knowing if you had used your FP. With the new scanning system, they do. So even if the window opened for the 840, you can't pull a new one til you have used the one for 840a in a case like mine.

So I think the new system of scanning fast passes takes away that one hour time frame where you could get a new FP for a favorite ride prior to using the first FP. Everything else should be the same.

ETA: I'm talking about fast passes for the same ride, not a different ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter