Matt's Fall, 2019 adventure with Club 33 and 21 Royal

Ah, dessert!! The cake you were served looks (and sounds) a lot like the gluten free dessert I had at C33.

I love dessert wines! Got into them when I lived in Germany. My brother once bought me a Trockenbeerenauslese to die for.

What a night!
Matt, your wine descriptions took me back to our one and only dinner at Victoria & Albert at WDW. I always tell our wine snob friends that the best wine pairings I've ever had were at V&A, and nobody believes me. DH's work brought us up close to a lot of good wines, but the Disney pros really take things to the highest level. Delicious wines -- maybe even more memorable than the food.

I'm sure this must seem gauche, but I can't eat that much in one meal, though maybe if it's spread over time and I'm plied with wine...anyway, if you didn't eat all of your cookies or what-have-you, is it frowned on to take the extra with you?

I'm sure this must seem gauche, but I can't eat that much in one meal, though maybe if it's spread over time and I'm plied with wine...anyway, if you didn't eat all of your cookies or what-have-you, is it frowned on to take the extra with you?

Nope, you could have taken them with provided they didn't clear them without your knowledge (more on my only gripe of the evening coming up). They gave a goodie bag though, so more on that coming up....

A lot of people would call what I eat "bloody". Nope. Zero blood present. Blood actually spoils meat quickly for the un-initiated. You drain blood ASAP from any animal. It is JUICY though and rich. That's Myoglobin. You want a dry, flavorless steak, just keep cooking. You want a juicy, flavorful steak, let me take the reigns. Here's my lamb at home... SOOO good. (hint.. that's not blood).

Beautiful presentation!

Thanks, the next installment will be boring for most I suspect. Fantasmic! pics. I love it every time.

Not boring for me! Can you believe that I've been to DLR twice a year (at least) for the last 30 years and have not once seen F! or WOC? I always intend to, but something inevitably happens to foil my plans.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing great pictures of what I've been missing all these years. :thanks:

Not boring for me! Can you believe that I've been to DLR twice a year (at least) for the last 30 years and have not once seen F! or WOC? I always intend to, but something inevitably happens to foil my plans.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing great pictures of what I've been missing all these years. :thanks:

I'm going to pre-appologize for the quality of the pics. Some are over/under exposed, and I only had my 24-70 lens with me for the long shots instead of my usual 70-200 which I usually shoot F! with. I hope they'll effectively convey the show without too much disappointment.

I'm going to pre-appologize for the quality of the pics. Some are over/under exposed, and I only had my 24-70 lens with me for the long shots instead of my usual 70-200 which I usually shoot F! with. I hope they'll effectively convey the show without too much disappointment.
The horror! You've ruined it. I can't go on. You might as well delete the entire thread.

:P

We settled in lined up against the rail for the show. Every person having a perfect view..

DSC_3933%20(Large).jpg

Always loved the Jungle Book Scene of the show with Ska. It really reminds me of a Chinese Lion Dance.

DSC_3960%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3973%20(Large).jpg

Just look at that projection... love it.

DSC_4021%20(Large).jpg

It was kind of surreal to be looking down and seeing everyone. While you get a similar view down from either of the Club 33 balconies, the giant Fichus trees block your view of Fantastmic.

DSC_4105%20(Large).jpg

The Columbia never looks better than when it's the Black Pearl. LOVE how eerie it becomes.

DSC_4112%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4115%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4122%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4156%20(Large).jpg

The island is on fire!!

DSC_4160%20(Large).jpg

A little Beauty and the Beast..

DSC_4197%20(Large).jpg

And a trip under the sea..

DSC_4219%20(Large).jpg

Where did all those lanterns come from?

DSC_4270%20(Large).jpg

Mirror Mirror on the wall... who's got the best view of all?

DSC_4284%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4305%20(Large).jpg

Uh Oh... Mickey is having a tough time fighting off the evil!!

DSC_4369%20(Large).jpg

Maleficent hurtling fireballs at poor Mickey.

DSC_4374%20(Large).jpg

Conjuring up some serious trouble!!

DSC_4381%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4389%20(Large).jpg

The look on Mickey's face!!! Like Oh my... what did I get myself into?

DSC_4493%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4501%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4511%20(Large).jpg

Time to fight back!!!

DSC_4513%20(Large).jpg

Take that!!!

DSC_4518%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4521%20(Large).jpg

Queue Steve Urkel... Did I do that?

DSC_4522%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4524%20(Large).jpg

I didn't remember the dragon's skeleton showing previously.

DSC_4526%20(Large).jpg

I think we made it angry!! (Sorry the flame is blown-out. Exposure set way too high for such a bright fireball.)

DSC_4529%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4530%20(Large).jpg

Maleficent defeated, the Rivers of America were once again calm.

DSC_4589%20(Large).jpg

Thank you, thank you so much for taking the time to remember everything, take pictures (incredible ones too) of everything and share your amazing experience with us here! I’m so grateful to get a glimpse, and hopefully someday an actual experience, of this decadent offering in Disneyland.
I really appreciate you sharing it all here, your reports are always fascinating, full of information and wonderfully written.

And here comes the Twain, decked out with every Disney character imaginable!!! Love this part of the show. How I would love to be up in the wheelhouse for this seeing it from there!!!

DSC_4633%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4663%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4681%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4700%20(Large).jpg

Time for the finale!

DSC_4745%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4760%20(Large).jpg

Those of us lucky to be in the parks for Halloween time get an extra fun after show featuring some spooky themes.

DSC_4845%20(Large).jpg

Zero!

DSC_4925%20(Large).jpg

Jack is growing Halloween Town before our eyes.

DSC_4984%20(Large).jpg

Have we been transported inside the Haunted Mansion?

DSC_5008%20(Large).jpg

I only counted 998 happy haunts. Where is the last one... "holds my hand up and starts to dissolve in an ethereal mist.."

DSC_5089%20(Large).jpg

Time to switch themes to some poor, unfortunate souls.

DSC_5219%20(Large).jpg

Back to the depths of the Caribbean waters we go!

DSC_5276%20(Large).jpg

DSC_5399%20(Large).jpg

Is Maleficent back, larger and more powerful than ever?

DSC_5435%20(Large).jpg

We end the show with a trip back to the bayou, where we started it all...

DSC_5469%20(Large).jpg

Thank you, thank you so much for taking the time to remember everything, take pictures (incredible ones too) of everything and share your amazing experience with us here! I’m so grateful to get a glimpse, and hopefully someday an actual experience, of this decadent offering in Disneyland.
I really appreciate you sharing it all here, your reports are always fascinating, full of information and wonderfully written.

Thank you! I love writing them and reading them myself time after time. It takes me right back to the moment I got to experience it and brings those memories back to life and puts a smile on my face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter