Matt's 18th Birthday trip - Now Live

Have a great trip and birthday(Matt). Just found our Mickey head name badges that you made us for the 2010 Dis meet, going to take them this year to see if we can meet any fellow dissers. Will be following your trip on line & will look out for you on the 10th. Thanks for all your help. BTW Stephen will be 15 on the 11th, lots of Dis birthdays this summer.

so Wayne, what time do you fly tomorrow? DD's flight is at midnight.
she's going to have a nightmare travel day.....first the 13 hours to new york.
Then a 5 hour wait in the airport.
then Delta to minneapolis (3 hours or something like that).
then another 5 hour wait in the airport.
Then delta to alaska (another full 6 hour flight!! :eek:)
by the time they get to the airport in alaska they'll have been traveling for 36 hours, not even counting the time to get to the airport here.

she's renting a car in alaska. she's going to be exhausted, so i told her she could get it the next morning if she's too exhausted to drive. Or alternatively, to pay a taxi to drive in front of her and lead her to the hotel. just so that she doesn't have to think about where she's going.
and she's never driven in the US before, so it's going to be a bit of a challenge for her. Not the side of the road - that's the same as here, but the rules are very different. Like making left turns at traffic lights is completely different there. I've explained it, but if she's very tired, it will be difficult.

but it's a small town, so hopefully it will be ok!! :goodvibes

party: party: party: party: party: party:

Wow, that's some journey, makes mine look minute. Were your dd & ds born in America? (just been nosy, with you saying she's not driven in US before). Hope she has a great trip, sounds brilliant.

Have a great trip and birthday(Matt). Just found our Mickey head name badges that you made us for the 2010 Dis meet, going to take them this year to see if we can meet any fellow dissers. Will be following your trip on line & will look out for you on the 10th. Thanks for all your help. BTW Stephen will be 15 on the 11th, lots of Dis birthdays this summer.

Happy 15th Birthday Stephen. Shout out if you see us, I am useless at spotting people. I confirmed with Karen we will definitley be in MK on the 10th, from opening to lunch.

Safe journey tomorrow and best wishes to Matt for his birthday!

We have another twelve days to wait for hopefully some sunshine and look forward to meeting you all on the 5th. :goodvibes

Just wanted to pop in again to say safe trip and hope you all have a great time! Happy Birthday to Matt too :)

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Happy 15th Birthday Stephen. Shout out if you see us, I am useless at spotting people. I confirmed with Karen we will definitley be in MK on the 10th, from opening to lunch.
We will be there from opening to about 11.30, so we'll keep a look out for you. We are going to Florida Mall after lunch to look for Stephen an I pad for his birthday. Hopefully, having cs meal at Poly or CR before getting bus from Transportation Centre.

Hope flights and immigration are all good tomorrow.:thumbsup2 A bit wet here again this afternoon but hopefully it will all have cleared for your arrival tomorrow. We check out from OKW tomorrow probably just before you arrive but will still be here until August 1st. Will keep an eye open for you and say 'hi' if we spot you. :)

Mrs TT

Hope flights and immigration are all good tomorrow.:thumbsup2 A bit wet here again this afternoon but hopefully it will all have cleared for your arrival tomorrow. We check out from OKW tomorrow probably just before you arrive but will still be here until August 1st. Will keep an eye open for you and say 'hi' if we spot you. :)

Mrs TT

We don't check into OKW til Saturday, Fairfield Inn LBV for first 3 nights.
Where you going after OKW. Hope I see you somewhere.

Have a great time Wayne, I'll try and keep up with your adventures during my many 'up at 3am' occasions over this summer ;)

:goodvibes

Wow, that's some journey, makes mine look minute. Were your dd & ds born in America? (just been nosy, with you saying she's not driven in US before). Hope she has a great trip, sounds brilliant.

DD was born in america - her husband wasn't (and yes, DS was also born in america, but he's not going on this trip :))

they were both young when we moved - DD was 5 and DS was 3.

so i went over to DD's house and packed both of their suitcases!!
tomorrow morning i'll help them pack up the carry ons..

we leave for the airport at 9:30 PM...

i just finished putting together their cheat sheet.

Have a great time Wayne, I'll try and keep up with your adventures during my many 'up at 3am' occasions over this summer ;)

:goodvibes

At least you have the summer holidays to make it a little easier for you. 18 years ago Matt arrived almost 6 weeks premature, had to be fed every 2 hours night and day, I was straight back into work at 3:30am day after he was born.

35 mins to taxi arriving, will post from airport if I get time.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter