Matt's 18th Birthday trip - Now Live

Just 3 days to flying now, spent most of the day packing, charging electrical items, sorting documents etc.
We also gave Matt his birthday presents, too much to take to Florida to bring home again so decided to let him have them today. Anyone interested in his gifts have a look at his blog http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/birthday-surprises/

Yayyy! Oh and I just went and started to read Matt's Blog and found myself clicking all over it to read more articles and posts. You must be very proud of his achievements! :thumbsup2

Yayyy! Oh and I just went and started to read Matt's Blog and found myself clicking all over it to read more articles and posts. You must be very proud of his achievements! :thumbsup2

Very proud, we all have our fingers crossed for his A-level reults on August 16th.
He has added an extra blog this evening after reading his newpapers all afternoon, comments on how a few things have changed in the past 18 years http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/flashback/

Just 3 days to flying now, spent most of the day packing, charging electrical items, sorting documents etc.
We also gave Matt his birthday presents, too much to take to Florida to bring home again so decided to let him have them today. Anyone interested in his gifts have a look at his blog http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/birthday-surprises/

Read Matt's blog post. Impressed with the collection of newspapers from his birth.
Looking forward to following your travels and great photos.

We had a slight mishap on the way home from the airport. Morgan was sick so I stopped the car in a lay-by . Jack took his backpack out so that Morgan could get out the car for fresh air.
Had travelled about 5 mins when Jack remembered his bag was still at the side of the road. It had clothes from travelling along with his Skull Candy headphones, iPod Touch and worst of all his Panasonic TZ20. The camera had about 1,500 of our WDW and USF trip :sad1:
It was gone within the 10 minutes it took for me to get back to the lay-by .

DD spent yesterday packing....they are so loaded up with stuff to do, besides work...they're in the midst of selling their car and buying a new one (the used car sale has raised the tension level a thousand fold)...
and DD had to have a tube put into one of her ears last week (yet again) with all the accompanying problems (it takes multiple visits to the doctor to get it all set), and DSIL had a sudden root canal yesterday...
but at least we all took time out and went to see Brave last night with dinner beforehand....we really enjoyed the movie!!!! :goodvibes

oh, and they also had a very successful show on thursday night!!! always good!! :)

Read Matt's blog post. Impressed with the collection of newspapers from his birth.
Looking forward to following your travels and great photos.

We had a slight mishap on the way home from the airport. Morgan was sick so I stopped the car in a lay-by . Jack took his backpack out so that Morgan could get out the car for fresh air.
Had travelled about 5 mins when Jack remembered his bag was still at the side of the road. It had clothes from travelling along with his Skull Candy headphones, iPod Touch and worst of all his Panasonic TZ20. The camera had about 1,500 of our WDW and USF trip :sad1:
It was gone within the 10 minutes it took for me to get back to the lay-by .

oh no!!! i'm so sorry to hear this!!! how very upsetting!!!!

DD spent yesterday packing....they are so loaded up with stuff to do, besides work...they're in the midst of selling their car and buying a new one (the used car sale has raised the tension level a thousand fold)...
and DD had to have a tube put into one of her ears last week (yet again) with all the accompanying problems (it takes multiple visits to the doctor to get it all set), and DSIL had a sudden root canal yesterday...
but at least we all took time out and went to see Brave last night with dinner beforehand....we really enjoyed the movie!!!! :goodvibes

oh, and they also had a very successful show on thursday night!!! always good!! :)

oh no!!! i'm so sorry to hear this!!! how very upsetting!!!!

Sounds like they need to get away and relax:)

He must be gutted Reid, almost 23 years ago we went to Tenerife on Honeymoon, car was broken into and they took my camera bag with a roll of film from our wedding day, very upsetting when you lose things.

I am so sorry you lost your photos irreplaceable :(

I have been reading matts blog for over a year now. I agree you must be very proud parents. Have a wonderful holiday. Looking forward to updates. .)

I have been reading matts blog for over a year now. I agree you must be very proud parents. Have a wonderful holiday. Looking forward to updates. .)

More people are subscribing/following all the time. He just enjoys writing.
I got him up at 7:30 again this morning :rotfl: he is helping out at a local school, they get all stressed at the year end so he is doing what he can to ease the pressure.

Had a quick look at Matt's blog- he seems really thrilled with everything he has received for his birthday (lucky boy!)
Hope you all enjoy your holiday!

DSIL managed to sell his car yesterday and just went to the car dealership to pay the deposit on the new car (honda jazz), so it will be ready when they get back from their trip...

DD's been busy packing and printing out all her confirmations...
with the 2 weeks in alaska, followed by 2 weeks at disney there are plenty of confirmations to be printed: hotels, excursions, trains, planes, automobiles :) .....

they leave tomorrow!! yikes!!

oh, i just upgraded their internal US flights on delta to economy comfort....the seats are the same but with a tiny amount of extra legroom and priority boarding...i figured it was worth it.....it's only a small amount of money extra...
you can upgrade it right online....

and i also noticed that alaska air had changed the seats she picked from over the wings to the very back of the plane...
so i went online and saw there were only 2 seats left that were together and closer to the front...so i grabbed them for her..
so annoying that alaska air would do that!!

All the airlines seem to be messing with seats and schedules this year. I have never had so many changes than with out Delta flights for next month. Also changed our AA flight for Nov. Only VA I have had no issues with, just wait til 11am and I do Online checkin, probably sat all over.:rotfl2:

Only come into work today to clean up, set answer phone and put a message on the door. Should be on my way in 30 mins.:goodvibes

Just wanted to wish you a safe flight for tomorrow, we have just over a week until we go and haven't even thought about packing yet but managed to get some ADRs yesterday.

Hope Matt has a lovely birthday on the 26th, Cassidy will be 14 on the 25th and she has had her birthday out there before and it is just not practical to take the presents.

Looking forward to the DIS meeting on the 5th, until then :)

wayneg said:

Have a great trip. We go on 27th for 3 weeks. My son will be 12 on 12th august and will be 3rd year running he has had his birthday there. Has decided he wants his presents to open on his actual birthday. Last year I had to make a mad dash to Lego shop the night before as I realised he didn't have anything to open on his birthday. Had to wrap it up in the Lego bag and my son is still reminding me( I keep reminding him he has his birthday at Disney world!!)

All the airlines seem to be messing with seats and schedules this year. I have never had so many changes than with out Delta flights for next month. Also changed our AA flight for Nov. Only VA I have had no issues with, just wait til 11am and I do Online checkin, probably sat all over.:rotfl2:

Only come into work today to clean up, set answer phone and put a message on the door. Should be on my way in 30 mins.:goodvibes

yes, the airlines are going crazy!!
AA changed their MCO-JFK flight by an hour so i convinced AA to refund the non-refundable tickets and switched them to delta..

by the way, tomorrow is my mom's 85th birthday!!!! :)
just thought i'd throw that in...
my sister, mom and i will celebrate her birthday when we're on the disney dream in october! and also my sister's actual birthday (halloween).

so Wayne, what time do you fly tomorrow? DD's flight is at midnight.
she's going to have a nightmare travel day.....first the 13 hours to new york.
Then a 5 hour wait in the airport.
then Delta to minneapolis (3 hours or something like that).
then another 5 hour wait in the airport.
Then delta to alaska (another full 6 hour flight!! :eek:)
by the time they get to the airport in alaska they'll have been traveling for 36 hours, not even counting the time to get to the airport here.

she's renting a car in alaska. she's going to be exhausted, so i told her she could get it the next morning if she's too exhausted to drive. Or alternatively, to pay a taxi to drive in front of her and lead her to the hotel. just so that she doesn't have to think about where she's going.
and she's never driven in the US before, so it's going to be a bit of a challenge for her. Not the side of the road - that's the same as here, but the rules are very different. Like making left turns at traffic lights is completely different there. I've explained it, but if she's very tired, it will be difficult.

but it's a small town, so hopefully it will be ok!! :goodvibes

anyway, Wayne, Karen and Matt, have a WONDERFUL and MAGICAL birthday trip!!!!!!

party: party: party: party: party: party:

Hope Matt has a lovely birthday on the 26th, Cassidy will be 14 on the 25th and she has had her birthday out there before and it is just not practical to take the presents.

Looking forward to the DIS meeting on the 5th, until then :)
Happy 14th Birthday for the 25th :thumbsup2
Meet looks like it could be quieter this year, not as many on the list. Still time if anyone is interested or just turn up. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2852630&highlight=dismeet+okw

Have a great trip. We go on 27th for 3 weeks. My son will be 12 on 12th august and will be 3rd year running he has had his birthday there. Has decided he wants his presents to open on his actual birthday. Last year I had to make a mad dash to Lego shop the night before as I realised he didn't have anything to open on his birthday. Had to wrap it up in the Lego bag and my son is still reminding me( I keep reminding him he has his birthday at Disney world!!)
Happy 12th Birthday for the 12th, have a great trip. :goodvibes

so Wayne, what time do you fly tomorrow? DD's flight is at midnight.

We leave Manchester at 11am hopefully, direct flight. Just checked in no problem, boarding passes printed. Taxi collecting us at 7am.

Have a great flight and a fab trip! I'm still gutted that I won't be there as well :sad1: Hope Matt has a lovely birthday :banana::banana::banana:

Have a great flight and a fab trip! I'm still gutted that I won't be there as well :sad1: Hope Matt has a lovely birthday :banana::banana::banana:

Won't be the same without you :( at least you have a trip to look forward to now.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter