• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mattea Roach on Jeopardy

No contestant knows the answer to every question so it isn't just about who buzzes in the fastest. You can easily end up with a negative score if you always buzz in first, but have no idea what the answer is. Sometimes there are categories with jumbled letters you have to make into a word/phrase, so clearly someone who is a trivia expert wouldn't have any advance way to know the answer.

I think that it is hard to be a multi day champ since they film 3 shows a day I think. I would think it would be hard to focus for that length of time. Either way we were shocked on Friday. It was a great run for Mattea. Can't wait for the TOC and Mayim is back on Monday. :)

I think that it is hard to be a multi day champ since they film 3 shows a day I think. I would think it would be hard to focus for that length of time. Either way we were shocked on Friday. It was a great run for Mattea. Can't wait for the TOC and Mayim is back on Monday. :)
I was listening to her on CBC radio tonight. They record 4 or 5 shows per day for 2 days then take the rest of the week off.

IMO young people just out of college probably could theoretically do better at Jeopardy due to recent schooling than people who have been out of school for a long time.

I'm handing the keys back to the talented actor-producer-writer-director (!) @missmayim for a few months. We are lucky to have her! Thanks for watching, and I'll be back before the end of the season.

— Ken Jennings (@KenJennings) May 7, 2022

Well that's disappointing.

Yuck. I just don't like Mayim. She's awkward, and a little stiff. I'm always thinking of her commercial where she says she's a neuroscientist :rolleyes:. I don't think she interacts with the contestants well. I tend to delete her episodes if I get behind on the DVR. I really enjoy Ken Jennings' hosting.

Just dared to open this thread, because DH and I were very behind on Jeopardy in the DVR. (I didn't want to know when she lost until I got past that episode.)

I really enjoyed Mattea's run, and can't wait for the tournament of champions this year. - There are so many excellent players! I liked Mattea right from the start when her goal was to pay off her student loans, and I was so impressed with her knowledge of American history and geography! I'm awful at sports questions myself, so I can't fault her for missing those.

And I love both hosts, so it doesn't matter to me how they split it. They've both got other projects of their own, and I expect they're making a huge sacrifice of personal time to keep this show going at such a high level, so whatever works for them is fine by me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter