Mattea Roach on Jeopardy

Yes, I did not care for her at first, but she has grown on me. She was on GMA the other day and was very likable.

I never miss Jeopardy. I’m really enjoying her on it. Her hand movements as she talks are amusing.

I never miss Jeopardy. I’m really enjoying her on it. Her hand movements as she talks are amusing.
Her constant hand movements are one reason why I keep hoping for someone, anyone to beat her! And her tongue in her cheek so often too. And things she says like “oh, I should have bet more”, and the way she acts when she gives a wrong answer. She seems like a very nice person, but I just don’t like watching her.

She is so impressive for someone only 22 or 23. It's amazing the amount of knowledge that she has. She gets the answers quickly too.
But, I do get tired of the hand gestures and the endless comments with every move. Please don't narrate each thing you do.
But I do like her and admire her knowledge. Just tone it down a bit.

Her constant hand movements are one reason why I keep hoping for someone, anyone to beat her! And her tongue in her cheek so often too. And things she says like “oh, I should have bet more”, and the way she acts when she gives a wrong answer. She seems like a very nice person, but I just don’t like watching her.

i feel the same way.

I figure the champions on Jeopardy are geniuses, and a lot of geniuses are quirky/eccentric. It may be part of their high-wattage brain power short-circuiting other areas of their personas. Anyhow, I like Mattea, quirks and all. It will be interesting to see her go head-to-head with other winners (and their quirks) in the tournament of champions.

I watch Jeopardy almost every night. I have mixed feelings about Mattea. She is clearly very intelligent and knowledgeable in a wide variety of topics. I do think she comes across sometimes as a bit too cocky. However, I like seeing young adults do well on the show and was happy for her when she mentioned paying off her student loans.

I see her as nervous. I've known very smart people who are similar. They are quirky and might not really understand how they come across. She says the inside voice out loud. I don't think she means to sound cocky, but she could use some guidance on when to talk and when to just answer the question. She did an interview with a Canadian radio show where she sounded much more calm and humble. Her mannerisms don't bother me at all. I'd rather watch her than someone dry and boring.

I like her a lot. My mother said that she doesn’t, and I couldn’t figure out why. Now I guess that I have some insight.

The NFL Draft took Jeopardy from us tonight, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter