• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mary Poppins Wished Me a Happy Birthday!!! TR *Updated 9/24 Room is Ready!*

Today is my last day of freedom! I go back to work full time later this week :sad2:

After our exploration of Future World West we were hungry and we headed for our first meal in the parks at Sunshine Seasons.

I should mention that a couple of days before or trip, we were working on making the budget for our trip on the Disney Dining Calculator and realized that for only $30 more, we would have a little more freedom with the DDP. Since we had 5 full days in the parks and 4 nights worth of meals on the dining plan and we had one day with no TS meals, we ended up splitting most CS meals.

20140615_154815883_iOS_edited-1.jpg

At Sunshine Seasons we got the wood fired pork chop with cheddar mashed potatoes and barbeque sauce. DH was blown away with this meal! The pork was very tender and the potatoes were creamy and perfect! As I mentioned in my last post, he compared every other CS meal to this the rest of the trip. With the dessert, it was enough food for the two of us.

20140615_154826825_iOS_edited-1-copy.jpg

For dessert we had the red velvet whoopie pie. For one, this was HUGE and was definitely enough for us to split. DH loves anything red velvet so this was a hit for him!

Overall, we HIGHLY recommend Sunshine Seasons. DH loved it so much that he insisted we come back for dinner on our MK day. This was definitely our favorite CS meal the whole trip. It was even better than some of the meals we ate in WS.

What do you think of Sunshine Seasons? Do you love it as much as we do?

Up Next: Exploring the rest of the land pavilion

I haven't had anything from there in about five years or more. Will have to try it out on our next trip. :cool1:

Joining in!! I followed you over from a post on the food board, thank you so much for mentioning the Food Calculator, I never know it existed. This is my first trip without ddp and I have been nervous, the calculator was a huge help. I'll be staying tuned :)

I haven't had anything from there in about five years or more. Will have to try it out on our next trip. :cool1:

Definitely! You won't be disappointed!

Joining in!! I followed you over from a post on the food board, thank you so much for mentioning the Food Calculator, I never know it existed. This is my first trip without ddp and I have been nervous, the calculator was a huge help. I'll be staying tuned :)

I'm glad I could help you! I hope you enjoy!

Today was the last day of my summer program. Tomorrow I start home visits and get to meet my new kids! I'm definitely excited for a fresh start but am wondering where my summer went!

14873200183_1593d4ee72_z.jpg

Anyway, when I left off we had just finished a fantastic lunch at Sunshine Seasons! After that, we used our FP+ for Living with the Land. That's another attraction that seemed so strange to use a FP for. Well, we were able to bypass the 20 minute line, so I wasn't complaining.

Next, we used our one worthwhile FP+ of the day on Soarin'. We really lucked out too because we were able to skip most of the line because they needed a group of 2 to fill the theater. I don't know about you, but I love Soarin! Its definitely one of my favorites! I just wish the line wasn't so long so I could ride it more! I definitely wouldn't complain if they added a third theater.

DSC_0803.jpg

Although it was on my plan for the next day, we were running way ahead of schedule so we decided to head over to Ellen's Energy Adventure to cool off. My oh my do they need to do something with this attraction! It can hold so many people but the pre-show theater could've only been about half full. The middle cars were broken (I'm pretty sure they were broken on my last trip in 2011 as well) and the end scene is so outdated! Not to mention the fact that Alex Trebek still has a mustache. I can't believe they can't find another company to sponsor that pavilion and revitalize it because it sure can use it!

Next, we take a break and explore the Boardwalk area!

Funny we do the same, grab a fast pass for Living with the Land and Soarin. We got to see Soarin when we were in California and couldn't wait for it to arrive at WDW. With so many seats it's hard to believe it takes so long to get on this ride.

Funny we do the same, grab a fast pass for Living with the Land and Soarin. We got to see Soarin when we were in California and couldn't wait for it to arrive at WDW. With so many seats it's hard to believe it takes so long to get on this ride.

I would love to see it in California, I've heard there's not much of a line there...

After finishing our tour of Future World, we were running ahead of schedule and wanted to take a little break. We decided to take A Friendship Boat over to the Boardwalk, hoping to get our refillable mugs (remember, Pop only had yellow, for some reason).

DH had never seen this part of property so we started our tour at the Boardwalk. I couldn't find the refillable mugs in any of the shops at the Boardwalk. There was a fountain to fill up your mugs near the Bakery, but no place to purchase them. There has to be a place, but I couldn't find it. So, we continued on.

Next, we checked out the Swan & Dolphin. It was REALLY hot (I was already starting to dislike Florida in June) so we continued our walk to the Yacht Club.

DSC_0820.jpg

I was excited to duck into the Yacht Club to cool off. We wound through the maze of the hotels and finally found the Beach Club Marketplace! After probably about an hour of searching, we finally found our refillable mugs and they had all the colors! :cool1:

We filled up our mugs and walked back to Epcot! Next up, we explore the western part of World Showcase!

Yes DL has much shorter lines for Soarin you could get off and ride it again with no wait or very little wait. I don't go during summer months, all they do is complain about the heat. We would go into the stores just to cool off.

Yes DL has much shorter lines for Soarin you could get off and ride it again with no wait or very little wait. I don't go during summer months, all they do is complain about the heat. We would go into the stores just to cool off.
DL is definitely on my bucket list. The biggest problem is, living in Michigan, it is expensive to get over there. But one day, I will!

Wow! Have I been busy lately! My kiddos started this week and when I haven't been working, I have been sleeping! :rotfl: Any other teachers out there? I'm sure you know the feeling. Anyway, its the weekend and one way to enjoy is to relive a magical Disney vacation. So here we go!

When I left off we had just finished our exploration of the Boardwalk area and we were heading back to Epcot. Our first stop in World Showcase was in Canada. We went to O Canada, which I hadn't seen since I was a kid and we came to WDW with friends from Canada (I think that was '97). Needless to say, the film has changed since then and I really loved the addition of Martin Short. It was a good laugh which made the standing worth it!

Afterwards we went to a film we could watch while sitting, so we headed to Impressions de France. Ok, this film is a nice escape from the Florida heat, but compared to the film in Canada, it did not hold my attention at all. And honestly, it was a little pretentious. I wouldn't complain if it got a more fun update like they did in Canada. Martin Short isn't part French is he?

20140615_192917218_iOS.jpg

Once the film ended, we headed for a little snack at L’Artisan des Glaces. I was really excited to try the Brioche Ice Cream sandwich but I was disappointed to learn it wasn't available as a snack credit, so I settled for the Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich which was only available in chocolate. I'm not complaining too much, I love chocolate, I was just looking forward to creating my own. And yes, I could've paid out of pocket for the brioche sandwich but it was more than I was willing to spend on an ice cream sandwich.

At this point, we still hadn't received the text that our room was ready so I had to dig online for the number to Pop to find out that our room was indeed ready (which had me wondering how long it had been ready, but what can you do?) so we decided to head back to Pop to clean up for dinner and take a little break.

Up Next: We finally get into our room!

I can't wait to try their ice cream, not sure why they don't let you know when your room is ready. They did that to me and low and behold it was ready for some time.

I can't wait to try their ice cream, not sure why they don't let you know when your room is ready. They did that to me and low and behold it was ready for some time.
It was definitely frustrating and thus I don't have much confidence in that no check-in test they did later that week.

Oh my am I exhausted today! I literally had three children laying on the floor crying at one point today. Let's get back to the trip so I can forget how tired I am :lmao:

Where we left off, we had finally figured out our room was ready (after how long, I will probably never know) so we headed back out of Epcot. On our way through the UK, we passed Mary Poppins who said "Happy Birthday, Princess!" :goodvibes

20140615_210415667_iOS.jpg

So, we got on the bus and slummed it back to Pop :thumbsup2 and I was so excited to get in our room and after where we stayed the night before, Pop felt like The Four Seasons :rotfl:

20140615_210355480_iOS.jpg

I loved the 80s Disney Memorobilia on the walls. Really reminded me of my childhood!

20140615_210328761_iOS.jpg

I was glad to get back to the room to take a shower and a little rest before heading back to Epcot for a dinner I had been looking forward to!

Next: Dinner at Le Cellier! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter