Marvel's Secret Invasion

I understand where you’re coming from in regards to Wanda. It felt like she did a complete 180 compared to where we left her at the end of WandaVision but I guess that’s down to the Darkhold’s corruption of her and it messing with her mind and preying on her grief. I know the film went through several rewrites even while in production and changed directors and Elizabeth Olsen wasn’t really happy with Wanda’s direction in that film either and has said a couple of shady things about it more recently like how the script was changing so often that she stopped reading it because there was no point. There’s rumours they’re going to do Witches’ Road with her next though so that could be interesting if done right.

Just finished watching episode 1 of secret invasion and it took two seatings to do so… I couldn’t get into it

Isn't that kind of admitting that what they are currently doing and the characters they are featuring isn't really working? Not something you often see creatives do in modern society.
One theory i have heard is things will build up to Avengers: Secret Wars in 2027 and after that movie they will reset the universe, so they can bring in new versions of Iron Man, Cap, and Thor.

Did anyone else finish watching this? I just got done with the finale and all I can say is “Big yikes” :/ That last episode felt so rushed and didn’t land at all for me personally. I wonder if the ramifications of that episode are even going to be touched on in the films? Maybe The Marvels and Armour Wars? (Not sure if that’s a show or film now)

I hated it. Turning Nick Fury into a guy who used, abused, and lied to skrulls, and that's where all his badassery came from? Really?

Worst D+ MCU ever and worst destruction of an entire character for really no good reason.

Well, he was already fairly deconstructed in CM when they had him lose his eye to a kitty cat. In my opinion of course. Everyone assumes he lost his eye to a piece of shrapnel from his war combat days, but nope a kitty cat's claws instead.

See, that's the issue with a lot of the fandom point of view. If a character is shown to somehow not be strong or make a mistake, then it "ruins" them. Nick Fury doesn't have to lose his eye in a war to still be a bad-a! It's funny that we've always speculated, and it turns out that Goose scratched him - Goose of course still being a very ferocious creature that happens to look benign. That's the point. It's a little funny and grounds the characters. It's a good thing!

See, that's the issue with a lot of the fandom point of view. If a character is shown to somehow not be strong or make a mistake, then it "ruins" them. Nick Fury doesn't have to lose his eye in a war to still be a bad-a! It's funny that we've always speculated, and it turns out that Goose scratched him - Goose of course still being a very ferocious creature that happens to look benign. That's the point. It's a little funny and grounds the characters. It's a good thing!
I see your point, but I just didn't care for how it was handled. Completely my opinion, and no disrespect towards yours.

This morning I began watching Marvel's Secret Invasion and I was surprised at how well this series was. Secret Invasion reminded me of the CBS show The Unit and Fox's 24 and I think this is what Marvel is trying to do with their TV shows because as I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread is trying to copy CBS with their action shows. On Secret Invasion itself the first episode is jam packed with lots of action and fighting scenes which makes it seem like a movie and not a show but Secret Invasion is an awesome show that may show promise. As a fan of Samuel L. Jackson he really makes Secret Invasion great as Nick Fury and I found it shocking that he serves as executive producer of Secret Invasion and I think the reason why Samuel L. Jackson got to do this show was because I think he wants to branch out into TV shows too in addition to movies and this show is one step towards making that dream come true. I can't wait to see Episode 2 next Wednesday

I thought Episode 2 of Marvel's Secret Invasion was weak at the beginning but they put all the good action towards the end but it was a flawless episode nonetheless. My mother wants to see Secret Invasion herself after I finish watching all the episodes because she loves shows like CSI and Law And Order and would my mom enjoy Secret Invasion too just as I have?

I think when they were developing Secret Invasion I think they copied the crime drama Hunter because in this show Nick Fury is like Fred Dryer and Emilia Clarke is like Stepfanie Kramer's Hunter character and also a cross of FOX's 24 and I think this is Marvel's first attempt to design a crime drama/action series and as we saw with ABC with their Marvel series Agents Of Shield and Agent Carter Disney+ thinks that Secret Invasion might be their ticket to developing more action/crime dramas with Marvel as Disney+ exclusive shows

I finished Secret Invasion today and I can tell you that there will most likely be Season 2 in development very soon because I think the season finale is actually leading to a storyline for what's next to come in Season 2 and with the introduction of James "Rhodey War Machine" Rhodes I think he will have a big role in Season 2 of Secret Invasion. But anyway I think it was an awesome show and one of Marvel's best TV series made in Marvel history. I am glad that Samuel L. Jackson is finally getting his chance at TV stardom and this show will lead to more TV shows with Samuel L. Jackson as the leading star. Can't wait for Secret Invasion Season 2 to be developed in the future

I finished Secret Invasion today and I can tell you that there will most likely be Season 2 in development very soon because I think the season finale is actually leading to a storyline for what's next to come in Season 2 and with the introduction of James "Rhodey War Machine" Rhodes I think he will have a big role in Season 2 of Secret Invasion. But anyway I think it was an awesome show and one of Marvel's best TV series made in Marvel history. I am glad that Samuel L. Jackson is finally getting his chance at TV stardom and this show will lead to more TV shows with Samuel L. Jackson as the leading star. Can't wait for Secret Invasion Season 2 to be developed in the future

Actually, Rhodey will be in Armor Wars, which is now a movie I believe. This may have been setting some stuff up for that though, so tehre may be some threads that get picked up on.

Yea this show could use a season 2 for everything set up, I believe the setup is meant to bleed into other projects. Armor Wars and Marvels will both pick up threads from here. Likely Captain America and Thunderbolts as well with the politics.

My mother just began watching Secret Invasion herself today and she really loves it and my dad loves Nick Fury in it too and my mom already plans to watch all six episodes in one sitting and since my mother loves action shows she just couldn't get over how great Secret Invasion is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter