Marvel's Secret Invasion

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I learned that Disney+ is gonna have a new Marvel series called Secret Invasion and I would love to know more about it? According to People Magazine it's supposed to debut this month. Also will any familar Marvel characters make guest appearences in some episodes?

I learned that Disney+ is gonna have a new Marvel series called Secret Invasion and I would love to know more about it? According to People Magazine it's supposed to debut this month. Also will any familar Marvel characters make guest appearences in some episodes?

This show will involve Nick Fury and his Skrull allies - the shape changers as shown in Captain Marvel. in the comics, Skrulls secretly replaced several superheroes, and it was a mystery as to who was who. That said, it's not a great comic book by any stretch, but most mediocre work that has been adapted by the MCU has been made much better than the source material, so hopefully it will be good.

Marvel's Secret Invasion made it's debut on Disney+ this morning and judging by how much Nick Fury promotion Disney+ put out for Secret Invasion I have a theory that it will be a hit. I might give it a try after they show all six episodes to see if I like it. Because I LOVE Samuel L. Jackson a lot I think he will do an awesome job in this series
What did you think of Marvel's Secret Invasion Brian?

It was pretty good - interesting. I have pre-conceived notions about it because it is based on a lousy comic story, but as with most MCU adaptions they will likely make it better (it's already very different). The first episode though is a little hard to judge, but hopefully it will remain interesting.

Sam Jackson is an incredible actor, so if anyone can make this a hit......he can. I personally did not care for how his character was portrayed in Captain Marvel, and that is my main concern for this show. I really liked Wandavision, and I really liked Loki......but the rest of the marvel series have not been very good to my eye. Maybe it will be a good one?

Finally watched last night. I REALLY liked it , and looking forward to more. My favorite Marvel series have been the ones I went into w/ little to no expectations: Falcon/Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, and Ms Marvel. Didn't even know what this one was going to be about until last week, and really hope it stays good. I don't like though that anyone could be anyone, (being a skrull,) so we're always doubting if we're watching the real character or not. THat can get old quick, and be overdone. hope they won't do that.

Early streaming numbers for this from Samba TV are pretty lackluster. It currently ranks as the second to the last in volume of streaming minutes just above Ms Marvel.

I am beginning to think people just may be over Marvel. Without a big name tent pole character, I just don't see the viewership being what it once was.

Last edited:

What I think Marvel hopes with Secret Invasion is that they hope to make the characters in Secret Invasion become more popular and hope to give Nick Fury his own spin-off cartoon series and what I also think that with Secret Invasion Marvel hopes that they will become like CBS with dramas and action shows. Because just like CBS has shows like CSI NCIS and the other dramas Marvel is doing the same thing with it's shows on Disney+. But what's surprising is how much merchandise has been put out for Secret Invasion because I was at Amazon and they have Nick Fury Bleacher Creatures plushies and clothing too. So depending on how well Secret Invasion performs it will be likely that there will be a Season 2 of Secret Invasion or they might make a movie out of it. Because I think Marvel sees these shows as a way to promote more stuff for new characters and familiar favorite Marvel characters. Like we saw with Hawkeye and Wandavision and Falcon And The Winter Soldier Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight Marvel uses these shows to add the characters to future Marvel projects and they're gonna do the same with Secret Invasion

I never read the comics version except to glance through an issue every once in a while but I (and my family) are enjoying the series so far. I do think it suffers from needibg a bigger budget to show more Skrull changes. It’s also hard to adapt a concept created by artists who can draw the Skrulls being anything they want at any time into a medium where you need makeup and actors who are paid a lot of money for their performances and who want to be seen.
It’s also hard to change to adapt a concept that was all about how all the Skrulls were pure evil into the concept they created in Captain Marvel where the skrulls are innocent victims. I loved that twist in Captain Marvel. It’s just awkward to then show a Skrull “evil invasion”.

Last edited:
I never read the comics version except to glance through an issue every once in a while but I (and my family) are enjoying the series so far. I do think it suffers from needibg a bigger budget to show more Skrull changes. It’s also hard to adapt a concept created by artists who can draw the Skrulls being anything they eant at any time into a medium where you need makeup and actors who are paid a lot of money for their performances and who want to be seen.
It’s also hard to change to adapt a concept that was all about how all the Skrulls were pure evil into the concept they created in Captain Marvel where the skrulls are innocent victims. I loved that twist in Captain Marvel. It’s just awkward to then show a Skrull “evil invasion”.

You didn't miss much in the comic books - it was one of those good ideas that was poorly executed. The series is quite different, and like most MCU adaptations, far superior (so far anyway).

Did anyone else finish watching this? I just got done with the finale and all I can say is “Big yikes” :/ That last episode felt so rushed and didn’t land at all for me personally. I wonder if the ramifications of that episode are even going to be touched on in the films? Maybe The Marvels and Armour Wars? (Not sure if that’s a show or film now)

I watched the first episode. It is just not really appealing to me for some reason. Love Sam Jackson, but I don't know, the Marvel Series seem to just get bogged down to me and I don't have nearly as much interest in them as I had when WandaVision came out. I thought WandaVision was great, and I pretty much watched it as soon as they dropped on Disney+.

I watched the first episode. It is just not really appealing to me for some reason. Love Sam Jackson, but I don't know, the Marvel Series seem to just get bogged down to me and I don't have nearly as much interest in them as I had when WandaVision came out. I thought WandaVision was great, and I pretty much watched it as soon as they dropped on Disney+.

I’d suggest at least watching episode 4 for this scene with Fury, Rhodes (sort of), and a bottle of bourbon. You don’t have to understand much about the rest of the series to appreciate it.

I thought it was fine, nothing special, except for Samual L Jackson finally getting some good screen time. He's great in just about everything. I also thought it felt super rushed. DH said it was AWFUL. He was so disappointed. He has a big Emilia Clarke crush, but even she couldn't save this for him. Oh well, not as bad as some.

Did anyone else finish watching this? I just got done with the finale and all I can say is “Big yikes” :/ That last episode felt so rushed and didn’t land at all for me personally. I wonder if the ramifications of that episode are even going to be touched on in the films? Maybe The Marvels and Armour Wars? (Not sure if that’s a show or film now)

I agree. They didn't really give it closure. If you're going to setup fro what's next, then at least tell us what's next. It was jet another big whiff of a finale from Marvel - most of the shows have been like that. It's disappointing.

And they're going to have to de-power that individual, right? No way you can just have that walking around.

I will say, the standout from the show was the original character Sonya Falsworth - man, I love her!

Last edited:
I agree. They didn't really give it closure. If you're going to setup fro what's next, then at least tell us what's next. It was jet another big whiff of a finale from Marvel - most of the shows have been like that. It's disappointing.
This was my biggest issue. I actually thought it was probably the best paced series they've done, still had a dip int he middle but not as bad as the other shows. The finale was a little underwhelming but overall a good fit between Giah and Gravik. However, that ending was so open and didn't really change anything. If anything stuff is in an even worse situation than it started.
I'm assuming most of these issues will play into future movies and series but it doesn't really provide a good sense of finality or closure to the series.

I will say, the standout from teh show was the original character Sonya Falsworth - man, I love her!

olivia-colman-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter