Marriott's explained

Thank you so much for the link. We will be there April 1. Can't wait

Any trip report from this. We are staying in June for 2 weeks and are really looking forward to it. Tripadvisor has been very negative lately, but I hope those are 1 offs.

Hi davewasbaloo and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Have a look at the trip report index here and under October 2006 there is a report :)

We've stayed here on two occasions now and love it.
As others have said, the houses are lovely with everything you could want or need, including rollaway beds so little ones who are too big for travel cots (also available), can sleep in with mum and dad if needed. This proved very useful for DD! The only drawback is that they say that they won't carry the bed upstairs for you (they are very heavy!) but they did it anyway!
Highchairs are also available.
The last time we went was with another family and we managed to squeeze in DH, DD3 (rollaway bed) and myself into one bedroom and another 2 adults, a 3 year-old (rollaway bed) and an 18 month-old (travel cot) into the other bedroom!
There is a sofa bed in the lounge but the children were too young really.
When I rang the Marriott to request a highchair, cot and beds and they found out how many of us there were they were very helpful and told me that they would put us in a disabled house if possible. The house was really good for 2 families as, instead of having the two main bathrooms upstairs, one was downstairs and was huge! In fact the house was (of course) more roomy which was great as there were so many of us.
It was also good for the 18 month-old who then didn't have to tackle the stairs.
So, if there are a quite a number of you going it's worth a request!

Quick update! We visited the Marriott in May again and found that the free shuttle bus no longer operates from the hotel which didn't affect us as we always hirre a car but may affect others. They still have the private shuttle which is reasonable in price: can't remember how much but I'll find out when we go again on 7th Nov!
Also wanted to add that the Champion supermarket in Bailly-Romainvilliers does not give out carrier bags so you either need to take your own or buy some of their lovely (they really are!) reusable ones.
Hope this helps someone:)

Good point, I forgot to tell people about the shuttle, we never use it, so it doesn't affect us. But yes, there is a limited private shuttle for a couple of euros, the problem is, there is no guaranteed pick up at DLP on the other side. FOr those without a car, it is probably much better to use the public bus which is cheaper and runs every 20 minutes from just outside the gate.

Remember that the MArriott is not a hotel and aims at a different clientele. They have now configured the resort to be much more like the Spanish and US Vacation Club resorts. It was voted on a few years ago to charge people who use the bus so that we as owners are not paying additional fees for services not used. In addition to our purchase, we pay about 900 euros a year for maintenance and management of the resort. Although I think this is unfortunate, I can see why this decision was taken.

When we stayed at the villas last year, we used the public bus a few times and it worked out fine.

The only tricky part was spotting the correct stop when returning at night.

Woody

I am another big fan of the Marriott. I agree that the public bus service just outside the Marriott is great & didn't mind using it the last time I was there. Even when the free shuttle was available, we sometimes used the public one anyway because it was more frequent.

I have also read recently on tripadvisor that they are now charging for internet access in the houses. Dave, do you know if this is true because I wondering how much it will be and whether or not to bring my netbook this time. This may affect whether or not I get to do my trip report every night while I'm there - because sometimes I don't get round to it when I get home!

Also Dave, I wondering if you know what refurbishments are going on in the main building as the website says they are ongoing from Nov to May. We are going in 3 weeks & hope the playroom & pool are not going to be affected (especially if the weather isn't good). If you have any information on this, I'd love to know.

Thanks.

...I have also read recently on tripadvisor that they are now charging for internet access in the houses. Dave, do you know if this is true because I wondering how much it will be and whether or not to bring my netbook this time. This may affect whether or not I get to do my trip report every night while I'm there - because sometimes I don't get round to it when I get home!

It is true, it was 9.99 per day or 39.95 per week when we were there in August. Pretty expensive as the booking site still said free but had to do the odd bit of work so no choice.

We got back from the Marriott last week after another great stay. We did have a few maintenance issues but they were dealt with very promptly and efficiently.
Unfortunately, I managed to lose my purse on holiday :eek: (very stressful and not recommended!) but the Marriott reception staff were so patient and helpful.:goodvibes

I can confirm the charges in the previous post for the internet: boooo!

Also wanted to let you know that the Champion supermarket is now a Carrefour.
Opening times are:
Mon-Sat: 08:30 - 20:00
Sun: 09:00 - 12:30

We still love the Marriott and will hopefully return again next year!

We got back from the Marriott last week after another great stay. We did have a few maintenance issues but they were dealt with very promptly and efficiently.
Unfortunately, I managed to lose my purse on holiday :eek: (very stressful and not recommended!) but the Marriott reception staff were so patient and helpful.:goodvibes

Opening times are:

Thanks, that is really useful to know as we're back for Christmas! we've not been in the Carrefour, what's it like?

Opening times are:

Thanks for the update. I'll be there in 2 days & I'll be using the supermarket & the internet, so I'll just have to pay, but then again, I'll get to do my trip report each day.

Thanks for the update. I'll be there in 2 days & I'll be using the supermarket & the internet, so I'll just have to pay, but then again, I'll get to do my trip report each day.

Hi Karen, would you mind seeing if they do whole chickens or turkeys? Just trying to plan the annual Christmas roast!

We're taking my wife's Mum and Dad too so I'm cooking for 6 in total. A turkey would be nice!

Ooops, sorry guys, I have only just seen this. The internet charges only apply to non-owners, it is free for owners. A lot of the owners (not me, I promise) have complained about how much our maintenance fees are because renters do not take care of the units like owners do. Therefore they seem to need more maintenance than the other Marriott resorts. The charges for the internet to non owners are an attempt to keep the maintanence fees (nearly £1000 a year already) down but supplementing the expenditure by adding an additional revenue strand.

As for the maintanence, well, here is the latest update from Marriott:

November 2009
Dear Marriott’s Village d’Ile-de-France Owner:

Greetings from Marriott’s Village d’Ile-de-France, your home away from home! It is my pleasure to share with you the latest news and developments from your French resort.

With the opening of the most recent section in July, the resort construction is almost complete with a total of 184 townhouses. Since the summer, Owners have been enjoying the new views of the newest and largest lake onsite, the few unique two-story buildings of the resort and the much awaited three-bedroom units, most with the lock-off option.

One more major project, which will be implemented between now and June 2010, is a renovation that will fully optimize the usage of the existing public buildings. First, a new meeting and entertainment room dedicated to Teenagers will be created in the ground floor of the former Preview Gallery. The Preview Gallery will be remodeled inside the main Clubhouse, with its entrance near the current Bistro Bar and MarketPlace. The majority of the ground floor of the building opposite Reception in the courtyard will become the central operation’s facility, and house the Engineering, Housekeeping and Lost & Found departments. As an additional benefit, the move into the new Operations Building will allow us to remove all the construction-like buildings from the entrance area, and Marriott’s Village d’Ile-de-France will become as beautiful when viewed from the main public road outside as it is once you are on premises.

The indoor pool, hot tub basins and the mixed steam bath received an annual general rehabilitation in early September. All tile, painting and technical areas are again as new. The next annual maintenance is scheduled for the week of 6 September, 2010, because the weather during this period traditionally allows Owners and guests onsite to enjoy the outdoor pool. In addition to the pool and steam bath, the Fitness Center has also received a floor renovation which will ensure a long-lasting quality of the traditionally sensitive surface surrounding the water fountain.

During the coming months the Lobby and Bistro Bar “Le Coin des Artistes” will receive a complete renovation, combined with a re-design of colors, space distribution and new atmosphere. The floor in the Bar will be changed to a warm, wood-like surface and special separating elements will be installed in order to create a more intimate, private feeling around the Bar.

In order to bring a more lively atmosphere to the public areas of the resort seven days a week, and to add revenue into the Homeowners Association, the resort has launched the “Pool and Fitness Membership Club” which started in early summer 2009. The club membership, designed for the residents in the local area who are looking for high quality pool and/or fitness facilities near their home, has proven a surprising success. While it was initially communicated as a test only to members of the neighboring Disney Golf course, the information has now spread by word of mouth and we receive new club members every week. The program will be extended for another year in 2010. The maximum number of authorized members will be kept within an acceptable limit to ensure optimum usage conditions for all Owners and guests staying at the resort.

Additionally, the resort will also soon introduce individual resort access cards for Owners from the local area that make regular use of the Year Round Facilities Usage program. These cards will include the Owner’s photograph and will be requested at the entrance gate.

Many renovation and rehabilitation works are also ongoing or soon to be scheduled inside the townhouses. If your next stay will be in one of the townhouses in the section which opened in 2006 (the “Le Pré” area of the resort), you will notice the new thermostat units on both floors, which make it much easier to achieve your ideal room temperature in all seasons. Further, this entire section of townhouses will receive new living room sofas and a new coat of exterior paint. In early 2010, similar scheduled renovations will occur in the townhouses in the “Giverny” and “Le Verger” areas of the resort.
On a more seasonal note, it is a pleasure to inform you that all the plants in and around the central courtyard have been recently changed and now accentuate the impression of picturesque “central village square”. Before the end of this month, the resort will receive a newly selected, warm and joyful Christmas decoration, both in the main building and in the outdoor areas. The decoration is due to stay until early January so that as many Owners and guests as possible will be able to enjoy it.

Marriott Vacation Club® International is pleased to offer travel insurance offering Owners the most comprehensive travel insurance and assistance available in the industry. Coverage includes unforeseen situations such as inclement weather, sickness or death, medical evacuations, lost or stolen baggage and much more! For information, please visit www.My-VacationClub.com.

If you are giving or renting your week to someone else, please be sure to contact Owner Services and provide the name of the party that will be using your week.

The resort team is very interested in your personal feedback, your impression of your townhouse and the public areas, and the service received during your stay. Please don’t hesitate to let us know, during your stay, if you notice anything that you would like to see changed for the future – with your vision as an Owner we will be able to ensure that your home resort continues to meet and exceed your expectations in the years to come.

In response to several inquiries received from Owners, we would like to remind you that you can contact your Advisory Board of Directors anytime on My-VacationClub.com, or by sending an e-mail directly to Ownerboard.Paris@vacationclub.com.

I hope to see you soon at your home resort, Marriott’s Village d’Ile-de France.

“A bientôt”,
Warmest Regards,
Jo Habets
General Manager

As for the Champion being a Carrefour, it does not surprise me as Carrefour were the parent company of Champion. Seems like they are stripping down the brand to reduce costs (kind of like if all the Tescos Metros, Tescos, and the Tesoos Extra all became simply Tesco).

Hope this is useful.

Hi Karen, would you mind seeing if they do whole chickens or turkeys? Just trying to plan the annual Christmas roast!

We're taking my wife's Mum and Dad too so I'm cooking for 6 in total. A turkey would be nice!

No problem, I'll let you know on this thread. Is there anything else you want me to look out for? I always bring my own Bisto gravy granules. There is a shelf (or there was when it was the Champion) of English brands eg Ambrosia custard, Heinz beans etc, but they are very expensive.

Well, the supermarket has got fresh chickens & so does the butchers next door. No sign of turkeys, but maybe there will be some closer to Christmas.

we have just booked at this hotel for April - I am looking forward to it. We will be arriving via train from the airport - any suggestions on the best way to get from the train station to the hotel with our luggage? Is there a shuttle (even a paid one?) or is it all public transport?

Krisann

We are Marriott Vacation Club Owners and have loved every one we have been to and traded into. We even traded into a Disney Vacation Club (non-Marriott) in Orlando, FL for our trip to Walt Disney World. We thought about trading into the one near DLRP but since we weren't going to be there but a few days it didn't work out. We would have lost several days. We are, however, using Marriott Rewards Points to help fund our plane tickets from the US and for our hotel while in London (we are heading to England to visit my father-in-law). We love being a part of the Marriott family. I encourage you to take the tour.

so glad I found this thread!

We are DVC owners (Old Key Wes) as well as Marriott owners (Newport Coast Villas, Timberlodge, and Ko'Olina)
We love both and wouldn't change. We love all our properties, except Timberlodge in Lake Tahoe. I think because we live so close it just doesn't seem like a vacation. The property, however, is very useful in trades and turning into points. We can lock out our 2 bedroom and have traded the studio several times for 2 bedroom unit elsewhere. (Park City, Utah and Kona, Hawaii) So it too has paid off rather well.

We will be staying here at the end of June before we board the Magic in Dover for the Baltic!

We have not been able to trade into this property (have had a request in for over a year now) BUT I was able, last June, to book using Marriott points! We are staying one week in a 2 bedroom.

My questions are:
Is the easiest way to get from the airport to take the VEA shuttle?

We want to rent a car for a couple of days. Would it be better to rent a car at the airport or out by Marriott? Is there a car rental company you would recommend?

The charge for internet: we are owners but just not this property. Does this count towards free internet?

I am thinking about taking the ferry from Calais to Dover. If we have a car we can drop it off in Calais and take the ferry across. If we don't have a car, what is the best way to get to Calais?

Any help is appreciated....
I have received many suggestions from the board on side/day trips and can't wait to do them...

My questions are:
Is the easiest way to get from the airport to take the VEA shuttle?

We want to rent a car for a couple of days. Would it be better to rent a car at the airport or out by Marriott? Is there a car rental company you would recommend?

The charge for internet: we are owners but just not this property. Does this count towards free internet?

I am thinking about taking the ferry from Calais to Dover. If we have a car we can drop it off in Calais and take the ferry across. If we don't have a car, what is the best way to get to Calais?

Any help is appreciated....
I have received many suggestions from the board on side/day trips and can't wait to do them...

I am so sorry, I keep forgetting this is here. I must subscribe to this thread :laughing:

We love it here, we have now owned for 4 years and stayed on site maybe 6 times in that time span. We have also enjoyed trades to Newport Coast (I love your resort), Marbella, Playa Andaluzia and Son Antem, and we have loved them all, finding the accommodations a much higher standard than any Disney hotel in WDW, DL or DLP. anyway, onto your queries. Also we have used points at the Grosvenor in London, the Stanford on Nob Hill in SF, and the Marriott Ocean View suite at Monterrey.

If you are going to rent a car, I would recommend you rent one from the airport and then have it at your disposal, unless you are planning on mainly DLP/Paris days. Then use public transport. A shuttle transfer or town car could be an option. But the TGV is 10 minutes to DLP and very different to any transport you would encounter in the US. Then you could take a cab or bus. The easiest though is self drive or a chauffer. The shuttle bus to DLP does not stop at Marriott, so you would have to transfer anyway.

I am not sure if you will get free internet - worth contacting the resort:

Jeff PACKER
Guest Relations Agent
Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France
Allée de l'Orme-Rond
77700 Bailly-Romainvilliers
France
Tel: +33 (0)1 60 42 90 00
Fax: +33 (0)1 60 42 90 10

I do know if you are a gold or platinum elite member, you will get free internet as well.

Hmmm, you could do the ferry I suppose. However, I do prefer the Eurotunnel/Eurostar. But you can take the TGV to Calais and work it that way. But there are loads of amazing sites you could take in on your way up to Calais by car - The Chateaus at Chantilly or Pierrefonds, Arras, Amiens, the WWI trenches at Vimy, the WWI and II Armistace carriage, and so many other things.

There are loads of things to do in the local area too - Medieval Provins is a must, the Champagne wineries and Notre Dame in Reims (where all the kings were coronated), the inspiration for Versailles at Vaux le Vicompte, Fountainbleu, the birthplace of Braille is 3 miles away, as well as the shopping and dining of Val D'Europe. Have a great time.

Any other queries, just ask.

I thought to help, I would add some of my pictures to the mix:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=222518&id=744599997&l=98a4335b42

also, if interested in Marriott Vacation Club, Disney fans will also find locations in Orlando (6 of them), Newport Coast - a short drive to Disneyland in California, points can be used at the hotels New Otani and Marriott in Tokyo, and Marriott and Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong. Also the vacation club has a resort next door to the new Disney Aulani resort in Ko Olina Hawaii. But there are lots of other great resorts around the globe for skiiers, beach people, Vegas, Thailand and three other excellent ones in Europe:

Playa Andaluzia on the Costa Del Sol:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=222515&id=744599997&l=b8a518f204

Son Antem on Mallorca:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11793&id=744599997&l=8cc1435747

Marbella on the Costa Del Sol:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=192462&id=744599997&l=6554b681c6

and for good measure, here is the Newport Coast Resort near Disneyland California:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=222529&id=744599997&l=a24e2b1b15

Any questions, just ask.:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter