Marriott's explained

dlrpmart

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
As I now work at the Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France, I have been asked to give some info about the place.

Ok,
At present the resort is in "pre construction". In Marriott terms it means the resort is not finished. There is no building work going on at the moment, but maybe sometime in the future to build the next phases of the place. At most there will be 190 townhouses contructed. Because of that, the resort is very calm and there is not thousands of people rushing around everywhere.

The accommodation is "typical" french village townhouses and is set around lakes, gardens and Golf Disneyland.

Downstairs, there is a hallway, toilet, kitchen fitted with oven, microwave, dishwasher, sink, clother washer and dryer, fridge and freezer.
The living and dinning area is 1 room and features a sofa-bed, comfy chairs, dinning table and dinning chairs. The TV has English and other language channels and has more variety than Disney hotels. There is a DVD player and stereo. Dvd's and playstations can also be rented.

Upstairs, the masterbed room has a king or queen (can't remember) size bed, TV, wardrobe and en suite bathroom, featuring a bath, shower, sinks and toilets. The 2nd bedroom has 2 single beds, tv, wardrobe and bathroom with shower.

In total, there is space for 6 people, 2 in the master bedroom, 2 in the 2nd bedroom and 2 on the sofa bed. Though you can request an additional fold away bed.

The resort has indoor and outdoor (seasonal) swimming pools, gym, sauna, steam room, supervised kids club and playground, table tennis (seasonal), lakes and landscaped gardens, marketplace, concerige desk, bar and free wifi and pc internet access.

A shuttle bus runs to and from Disney or the 34 bus leaves from the top of the road.

Marriotts operates the resort in 2 ways, renters and owners.

Renters:
Pay per night, access to all on site facilites. Sometimes there are good offers on, but only during the very cold months usually.

Owners:
By buying a week with Marriotts, you can either use your home resort in Paris, exchange for another Marriott resort around the world, exchange for Marriott reward points letting you staying in Marriott and Renaissance hotels, or exchange through Interval International to one of over 2000 other resorts worldwide.
You pay your membership fee which you can finance however you like, then a yearly maintenance fee of around 800 euros. This pays for the up keep of the resort. We have all seen how the Disney hotels have been going down in quality since opening and the maintenance fee helps keep everything looking nice and new.
You can either take one week at the resort, or split it into a 4 and 3 night breaks.

The Tour:
If you've been up off taking the tour because you think they will somehow pressure or trick you into buying, then there is no need to worry. I've never seen anyone pressured, basically the sales guys aren't allowed to! If they are caught tricking someone they will be in big trouble.

The future????
All depends on how many weeks are sold. There are plans for more houses and maybe even to develop the land opposite. Because of the maintenance fee, the place will always be well looked after though.

If you have any questions, please leave me a message on the forum.

Thanks and I hope this will be of some help in the future.

Martin
Ps, I am a Marriott owner too!

Thanks Martin - that's really useful information. I'm definitely planning to stay there one day. :)

Thanks, Martin. :) It is great to have another option for families of 5 or more.

If anyone has any photographs then it would be good if you could post them here as with the information provided this could be added to the Hotel FAQ :)

Thanks for the link Nikki. Hopefully we get some photographs that others have taken that we can use in the Hotel FAQ :)

Hi,
A few people have emailed me asking what I do for Marriotts.
Well basically I ask people if they would like to come on specially discounted preview packages to France and Spain.

Thanks
Mart

Hi Bexx

Thought I'd add a bit more to this since it's fresh in my mind ;)

Upsides
The Marriott resort is very luxurious and I would be surprised if anything other than the Disneyland Hotel could beat it.

There is a free shuttle bus (although less frequent than the other hotels)

You can take a local bus for 1.40€ a trip from the end of the road (less than 5 min walk)

You can hire a big taxi . It fitted 6 of us easily for 15€ a trip if you want to travel outside the bus times.

There is a supermarket selling milk etc within 10 minutes walk and a great patisserie next door to it.I even managed to get fresh croissants on our first morning in my pigeon french.

You can get good deals if you register for the Marriot rewards scheme (free). We got townhouses for 99€ a night instead of the normal 359€ by doing this.

Downside
It is very expensive out of season

The restaurants nearby (in Bailly ??Romainville) were not great IMHO and I'd recommend staying at Disney Village instead. We also tried the local delivery service (Galloping Gourmet )but were not overly impressed by the Pizzas or pasta's we ordered.

It is so far from the parks you really couldn't consider walking.

We did miss having an afternoon break (particularly on the wet days) but getting back and having a bath or should I say swim in the huge bath more than made up for it !!

I'd definitely go back and would be happy to answer any queries I can.

It's definitely a plus for families due to the two rooms and separate living area and you could spend time at the resort ,it has an indoor/outdoor pool , kids play area's and a kid's club. But we just couldn't , not when DLRP was so close. Perhaps if we'd gone for a week I would have sacrificed a day !

It really makes you want to join Marriot's vacation scheme.

We had checked Marriott's out for Halloween this year but boy is it expensive .... prohibitively so.

dlrpmart said:
A few people have emailed me asking what I do for Marriotts.
Well basically I ask people if they would like to come on specially discounted preview packages to France and Spain.
Mart

We are Marriott Vacation Club owners, and have stayed at many Marriott properties for free (e.g., by trading our week or using points). We've stayed in Marriott villas at Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France, Marriott Marbella Resort (Spain), Marriott Colonial Williamsburg (Virginia), Marriott Palm Desert (California), and Marriott's Grand Chateau (Las Vegas).

We've stayed for free at some wonderful hotels: Marriott Champs Elysees (Paris), Renaissance Place Vendome (Paris), Hotel Grand Flora (Rome), Marriott Riviera La Porte de Monaco, and many others.

You are fortunate to be associated with such a terrific program.

Woody

It is a very good article Bexx :goodvibes

I hope more peope try it. I seem to be one of it's only champions on the board. I think it is a fab place to stay.:goodvibes

I hope more peope try it. I seem to be one of it's only champions on the board. I think it is a fab place to stay.:goodvibes

The place looks wonderful, and the space and facilities you get for your money make it much better value than any hotel room. If only it was within walking distance of the park, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

The friends I'm meeting in early May might stay there - they are trying to get me to, but I have my tiny room in Paris that I'm quite content with. If they stay there, I can get some pics on the day I go to DLP.

The place looks wonderful, and the space and facilities you get for your money make it much better value than any hotel room. If only it was within walking distance of the park, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

We thought long and hard about staying here for our Halloween trip. In the end the distance was the deciding factor against it. However, it really does look fabulous and I will certainly consider it for future trips, especially longer summer ones.

Thank you so much for the link. We will be there April 1. Can't wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter