Mardi Gras lower crowds Friday or Saturday?

I-4Bound

DIS Veteran
Trying to figure out whether the Ava Max concert on march 10 will impact crowds enough to switch our park day. We could visit Friday or Saturday. No real interest in attending the concert. What do y’all think? Thanks in advance!

We were there last year on goo goo dolls night. I was hoping to see the show but it was bananas busy. Like I was scared passing in front of the stage with our kids on the walkway. The rest of the day was fine in the park.

I was there last week- Thursday through Saturday night. All American Rejects was the concert on Saturday. Definitely more crowded on Saturday than on the Friday. Saturday was 745 pm for parade while Friday was 615 pm

Yeah - Id expect concert night will always be more busy than the Friday, but once the concert starts you may have shorter lines for rides etc...IDK.

Depending on the act drastically so, and maybe not the usual Universal Crowd - so maybe a reason to avoid it.

Personally, I have not seen a band play there I was even mildly interested in in a long time... and that time was just insane crowds... it was Pat Benatar and I do not think they were at all prepared for the crowds.
It was a total mess.

I think they have it down now, but still adds a lot of folks that would not be there otherwise, so I guess its worth it to Universal.

Concert is pretty close to park close. I watched the parade step off and come back from Horror Makeup, got in line for Villain con with about 10 minutes left before 9pm park close. Got off ride and band was playing.

The early closing hours vs WDW is definitely a negative I have about Universal. Two of the 3 days I was there parks closed at 7 pm . It was 9pm on Saturday.

Def go on Friday.

We were at USO during All American rejects weekend. While Friday was still busy, Saturday seemed to double in crowded.

In particular the food booths after 5pm had crazy lines.

Concert is pretty close to park close. I watched the parade step off and come back from Horror Makeup, got in line for Villain con with about 10 minutes left before 9pm park close. Got off ride and band was playing.

The early closing hours vs WDW is definitely a negative I have about Universal. Two of the 3 days I was there parks closed at 7 pm . It was 9pm on Saturday.
Yeah - that is something that always annoyed me about Universal. To be fair Disney rarely opens as late as it used to.

Yeah - that is something that always annoyed me about Universal. To be fair Disney rarely opens as late as it used to.
But at least you get Epcot and HS to 9 pm normally and MK even later like 10 or 11 depending on the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter