Mardi Gras/Carnival

When I was young there was a professional conference in my field at the time (waterbased paint) in New Orleans the week before Mardi Gras, so I was there once (maybe 1987?). We did the touristy things in addition to seminars, saw a parade, etc. No real desire to go back, although I have been to Universal Orlando many times during their sanitized version and enjoy it.

You may have ascertained from my posts that I'm not really a "family friendly" type guy, but I'll keep this in mind in case I'm ever at Mardi Gras with the Better Homes and Gardens set.
Then you’ll want to stick to the quarter b/c most of Mardi Gras isn’t that scene. You’ll get arrested for things that are allowed in the quarter if you do anything like that on the parade routes. And you’ll be disappointed if you expect to see anything wild there.

No interest in Mardi Gras/Carnival or any other Special Day Celebration throughout the year.

Yes that is the ONLY Mardi Gras experience that I’ve had in my 44 years. I’ve never been to the fr quarter during Mardi Gras. No interest. It’s gross! We grew up sitting in the ladders & no our kids do.

The one and only time I ever ventured near Bourbon on Mardi Gras weekend was when I was about 10, when I rode along with my sister when she drove down there to drop her roommate off at work at 9 am. The roommate worked at a boutique just off Bourbon, and of course was unable to take her own car to work because of the parking restrictions. Even then the street was foul.

I grew up mostly either riding or marching in parades, so I never really got to have a whole lot of effortless fun until I was old enough to go to the parties. In high school, every day of Mardi Gras weekend through Tuesday used to start for me with getting on a bus at 7 am, starting to march around 10, and not really getting off my feet until about 9 hours later, having marched at least 4 parades and repeatedly walked back around to the staging ground. (Endymion is *endless*, I swear.)

The one and only time I ever ventured near Bourbon on Mardi Gras weekend was when I was about 10, when I rode along with my sister when she drove down there to drop her roommate off at work at 9 am. The roommate worked at a boutique just off Bourbon, and of course was unable to take her own car to work because of the parking restrictions. Even then the street was foul.

I grew up mostly either riding or marching in parades, so I never really got to have a whole lot of effortless fun until I was old enough to go to the parties. In high school, every day of Mardi Gras weekend through Tuesday used to start for me with getting on a bus at 7 am, starting to march around 10, and not really getting off my feet until about 9 hours later, having marched at least 4 parades and repeatedly walked back around to the staging ground. (Endymion is *endless*, I swear.)
Thoth was longer I think lol! I marched that in high school.

I have never ridden for that reason! I don’t wanna miss the fun! My sister rides almost every year & has tried to get me to ride, but I don’t want to spend the $$$ or miss the parades!

A long time ago when I was still young, a group of us who were working at a restaurant were making plans to go. I forget now why it never happened. But I have wanted to go ever since, but still haven’t done so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter