Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

Hey everyone! I think I'll count myself in for the month however I'm not sure how much of an active participant I'll be. There's a lot going on for me personally and professionally right now and I'm just not sure I'll have the time to participate. But the thought of not being involved with you guys makes me sad! So I'll do my best.

I'm going to go ahead and do my intro and goals today, since I have time today and a busy day tomorrow and I am not sure I will get a chance.

I am a 40 y.o. mom of two kids, both with birthdays in the next two months, but currently 7 and 9, married to my HS sweetheart. I gained too much weight in my late 20s early 30, as I was eating to cope with stress. I continued to gain during and after my pregnancies (nearly 50 pounds my first pregnancy). When my kids were about 1.5 and 3.5 I realized I just hated how I looked, but more so how I felt. My son was getting fast and super active at 3.5 and I just didn't have the energy I wanted to chase him around. I had a friend and neighbor who was super fit, and she invited me to go to the gym with her. I started taking regular spin classes with her and then added strength training and other classes. I was fortunate in that my initial progress was fairly quick. The scale didn't move a ton in the first month, but after that month (I think I was putting on muscle) it moved steadily and quickly. From November '09 to March '10 I lost 40 pounds. But I never hit my official goal of 122. I was pretty happy with how I felt physically and with how I looked, so I stayed there figuring one day I'd shoot for that goal again. But, I never did. I stayed in a solid range of 128-132. My healthy weight range is 105-141, so I was at the high end, but I am more of a medium than small frame, and a bit more muscular than average, so I told myself that the weight was fine. I kept the weight off for over 5 years:)

Fast forward to April 2015. I had a minor gynecological surgery with an annoyingly major set of recovery restrictions. I could not lift any weight more than 5 pounds for the first 2 weeks, nothing more than 10 for the remaining 4 weeks (6 total). I also could not swim, nor could I do any exercise with impact. No cycling due to its positioning putting stress on the abdominal/pelvic area, no running, jumping or walking at more than an easy leisurely pace. Exercise is my stress relief, so I was miserable for those 6 weeks. Stuck at home with tons of food in the house (I still had to feed my husband and kids;)) I gained 10 pounds back. I just cannot get it back off. I now am down 4 pounds of those 10, but I can't seem to get and stay below 135. I really want to get to 130 again. And after a talk with my doctor at my last physical I would like to get to 125-128 as a final goal. She says that the middle of the healthy range for my height would be best for me because on both of my parents sides of the family there are a lot of people with diseases related to obesity and overweight.

So, my goal this month is to lose 6 pounds and get to 130.

How am I going to get there:

1)More regular exercise. I run, but I think I am hungrier after running than any other exercise. So, I want to mix it up a bit this month. My next race is a 10 miler in April. I am hoping to train for that 4 days per week (2 short runs, 1 medium, 1 long), and do cross training 2 days, plus strength training 2-3 days per week. The last few months I have been so focused on running that I think I did tons some days, but not enough others, and ate like I ran everyday regardless.

2)Tracking. Man, this is an issue for me. I am fabulous when I track, but when I don't the wheels come off the bus. I am going to hold myself accountable to track everyday by setting a reminder in my iPhone for two times a day. One midday at the time I am waiting to pick my kids up at school, so I remember what I ate in the morning well, the other at 8:30 when the kids should be in bed.

3)Morning jumpstart. I am going to start getting up earlier, and do 20 minutes of core work and my PT exercises. I am hoping this will set me up positively for the day.

4)Evening challenge. I am going to do a glute challenge, as weak glutes are the cause of my IT band syndrome, so I am hoping this night time extra activity will help with strengthening my glutes and get me off the couch. I usually collapse around 8:30 every night.

5)Sleep more! I need to sleep more. I am going to shoot to go to bed by 9:45 every night, so I will be asleep my 10:15. Then I will be up at 6, so it will be just shy of 8 hours. This would be a huge improvement for me. I usually only get around 6. If I can even get to 7 hours I'd be happy. My garmin tracks my sleep for me, so that part is easy.

6) Nutrition. I am going to go back to my tried and true. I am going to eat close to my goal weight (130) in protein grams every day. I will eat only 3 servings of starchy carbs like bread, white pasta and potatoes a day, plus tons of fruits and veggies. I eat a lot of low fat or non fat dairy as well. My very favorite snack is plain greek yogurt. I guess I am lucky in that I only like the plain unsweetened stuff, I do not like the fruit blends or other flavors.

Motivation. Not going to lie, this month it is as much vanity as general health improvement. I took pictures outside the California Grill following a celebratory dinner after all three Glass Slipper Challenges I have done, including last Sunday. For the non runDisney members, that is the challenge of doing the Enchanted 10k and the Princess Half Marathon in one weekend. This years pictures were my least favorite of the three. I just am not a fan of how I look in my pictures this year. So, I feel like it has given me renewed motivation to get back on track. I know I don't feel as good as I did last year either, so I say, bring on March! I am really ready to make this month my best in a long time!

Hello all, I'm Lizanne... I joined the group mid-February and just this morning reached my Feb goal of landing in one-derland, weighing in at 199.1 pounds. I joined WW at the beginning of the year, and the program is really working for me... and the extra support found here is just icing on the cake... low fat calorie free icing :).

I had a goal of 196 pounds by Easter, but I'm going to up that a little bit and make 194 my March-to-it goal: plus to walk 125 miles.

I'm on Instagram: Popperfisk
And I have a FitBit: Popperfisk@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back again and so motivated by the theme and the upcoming change of seasons! Thanks for hosting, Sarah!

I'm 54, about 10-15 pounds from goal. I work the night shift as a peds RN; married with 2 young adult kids. Son is special needs and lives with us; daughter is out on her own. She is a great inspiration - lives a healthy lifestyle and has lost her "freshman 15+" and kept it off.

I made WW Lifetime years ago but the weight crept back through the years of not following the program. I rejoined WW in Aug '15 and have been participating on these monthly challenges since September. I'm down 20 pounds, but have been treading water this winter, with just a few pounds lost. I'm finding the weight is coming off slowly, just one pound a week, IF I track faithfully. So my goal will be 4 pounds for the month.

2)Tracking. Man, this is an issue for me. I am fabulous when I track, but when I don't the wheels come off the bus. I am going to hold myself accountable to track everyday by setting a reminder in my iPhone for two times a day. One midday at the time I am waiting to pick my kids up at school, so I remember what I ate in the morning well, the other at 8:30 when the kids should be in bed.

The wheels on my bus fall off too when I stop tracking, so I think this is a great idea!

I am signing up for the month! Thank you so much @SarahDisney for hosting March! It looks like it is going to be a wonderful thread!! The new weekly challenges sound very interesting!

I'm in for this month as well! I was focusing on exercise the past two months, but since I am seeing scale results based on food and MFP tracking (because my lazy self has been falling off the work-out wagon towards then end of the month!), I think I will be using pounds as my goal this month. We will see. I'll post final decision later.

I'm on MFP (pmryan55) and Insta as well (p.ryan55) so feel free to add me to see pictures of my cat and Disney haha!

Thanks @SarahDisney for hosting-- I'm looking forward to a marvelous March!!!

Hi! I am Stephanie. This will be my first Challege. I am 36 and 147 pounds. For my goal I would like to lose a pound a week. Last year I lost 9 pounds in 4 months and was in a car accident and hurt my back. I wasn't able to work out for a few months and gained it all back plus a few pounds. I started in January losing weight again but got side tracked with a death in the family. So know I am ready to get back on track and lose some of this weight so I can fit back into my clothes better.

Hey everyone! I think I'll count myself in for the month however I'm not sure how much of an active participant I'll be. There's a lot going on for me personally and professionally right now and I'm just not sure I'll have the time to participate. But the thought of not being involved with you guys makes me sad! So I'll do my best.

Hi I am Sam! I am 30 and I weigh 178 pounds. For my goal this month I would like to loose 6 pounds. I have recently started working out and now I am trying to get my eating under control.

I'm back for another month.

I'll wait until tomorrow to post my goal(s) for March, but I really liked how last months thread kept me motivated and I'm ready for another successful month!

Back again and so motivated by the theme and the upcoming change of seasons! Thanks for hosting, Sarah!

I'm 54, about 10-15 pounds from goal. I work the night shift as a peds RN; married with 2 young adult kids. Son is special needs and lives with us; daughter is out on her own. She is a great inspiration - lives a healthy lifestyle and has lost her "freshman 15+" and kept it off.

I made WW Lifetime years ago but the weight crept back through the years of not following the program. I rejoined WW in Aug '15 and have been participating on these monthly challenges since September. I'm down 20 pounds, but have been treading water this winter, with just a few pounds lost. I'm finding the weight is coming off slowly, just one pound a week, IF I track faithfully. So my goal will be 4 pounds for the month.

Yay! More returning participants and some new participants! I'm so glad to see everyone here!
Seriously ... I'm so excited by the number of people who are participating this month. I love seeing people take steps towards living a healthier life, and whether you're here participating every day or you just check in once in a while, I hope this thread can be a great resource for all of us.

I think it is time for me to sign up for hosting again. Sarah, you can add me as hostess for June! I was a bit tired of hosting, but we have found so many wonderful new members over the last year that have done such a marvelous job at hosting that I am very motivated to give it a go again!! Hopefully it will give me a boost in energy for my weight loss, too!!

Thanks for volunteering - I know you'll do an awesome job!

I'm going to go ahead and do my intro and goals today, since I have time today and a busy day tomorrow and I am not sure I will get a chance.

I am a 40 y.o. mom of two kids, both with birthdays in the next two months, but currently 7 and 9, married to my HS sweetheart. I gained too much weight in my late 20s early 30, as I was eating to cope with stress. I continued to gain during and after my pregnancies (nearly 50 pounds my first pregnancy). When my kids were about 1.5 and 3.5 I realized I just hated how I looked, but more so how I felt. My son was getting fast and super active at 3.5 and I just didn't have the energy I wanted to chase him around. I had a friend and neighbor who was super fit, and she invited me to go to the gym with her. I started taking regular spin classes with her and then added strength training and other classes. I was fortunate in that my initial progress was fairly quick. The scale didn't move a ton in the first month, but after that month (I think I was putting on muscle) it moved steadily and quickly. From November '09 to March '10 I lost 40 pounds. But I never hit my official goal of 122. I was pretty happy with how I felt physically and with how I looked, so I stayed there figuring one day I'd shoot for that goal again. But, I never did. I stayed in a solid range of 128-132. My healthy weight range is 105-141, so I was at the high end, but I am more of a medium than small frame, and a bit more muscular than average, so I told myself that the weight was fine. I kept the weight off for over 5 years:)

Fast forward to April 2015. I had a minor gynecological surgery with an annoyingly major set of recovery restrictions. I could not lift any weight more than 5 pounds for the first 2 weeks, nothing more than 10 for the remaining 4 weeks (6 total). I also could not swim, nor could I do any exercise with impact. No cycling due to its positioning putting stress on the abdominal/pelvic area, no running, jumping or walking at more than an easy leisurely pace. Exercise is my stress relief, so I was miserable for those 6 weeks. Stuck at home with tons of food in the house (I still had to feed my husband and kids;)) I gained 10 pounds back. I just cannot get it back off. I now am down 4 pounds of those 10, but I can't seem to get and stay below 135. I really want to get to 130 again. And after a talk with my doctor at my last physical I would like to get to 125-128 as a final goal. She says that the middle of the healthy range for my height would be best for me because on both of my parents sides of the family there are a lot of people with diseases related to obesity and overweight.

1)More regular exercise. I run, but I think I am hungrier after running than any other exercise. So, I want to mix it up a bit this month. My next race is a 10 miler in April. I am hoping to train for that 4 days per week (2 short runs, 1 medium, 1 long), and do cross training 2 days, plus strength training 2-3 days per week. The last few months I have been so focused on running that I think I did tons some days, but not enough others, and ate like I ran everyday regardless.

3)Morning jumpstart. I am going to start getting up earlier, and do 20 minutes of core work and my PT exercises. I am hoping this will set me up positively for the day.

4)Evening challenge. I am going to do a glute challenge, as weak glutes are the cause of my IT band syndrome, so I am hoping this night time extra activity will help with strengthening my glutes and get me off the couch. I usually collapse around 8:30 every night.

5)Sleep more! I need to sleep more. I am going to shoot to go to bed by 9:45 every night, so I will be asleep my 10:15. Then I will be up at 6, so it will be just shy of 8 hours. This would be a huge improvement for me. I usually only get around 6. If I can even get to 7 hours I'd be happy. My garmin tracks my sleep for me, so that part is easy.

6) Nutrition. I am going to go back to my tried and true. I am going to eat close to my goal weight (130) in protein grams every day. I will eat only 3 servings of starchy carbs like bread, white pasta and potatoes a day, plus tons of fruits and veggies. I eat a lot of low fat or non fat dairy as well. My very favorite snack is plain greek yogurt. I guess I am lucky in that I only like the plain unsweetened stuff, I do not like the fruit blends or other flavors.

Motivation. Not going to lie, this month it is as much vanity as general health improvement. I took pictures outside the California Grill following a celebratory dinner after all three Glass Slipper Challenges I have done, including last Sunday. For the non runDisney members, that is the challenge of doing the Enchanted 10k and the Princess Half Marathon in one weekend. This years pictures were my least favorite of the three. I just am not a fan of how I look in my pictures this year. So, I feel like it has given me renewed motivation to get back on track. I know I don't feel as good as I did last year either, so I say, bring on March! I am really ready to make this month my best in a long time!

Thanks for sharing your detailed plan! It sounds like you have a lot of good ideas, and I think that this can definitely help you get back on the right track!

---

As for my introduction ...
I'm Sarah, and I'll be your hostess for the month. I'm almost 30 (aka old), I live in NYC, and I've been "on a diet" for about 15 years now. Throughout high school my weight was in the mid-140's, which is slightly overweight for my height, so I wanted to lose about 25 lbs and get down to 120. While I was in college I got pretty close, and my lowest weight was actually around 127 lbs. Part of this was eating differently, part of it was free access to a treadmill (yay for gyms in the dorms), and part of it was a speedier metabolism thanks to my ADD medication. I wanted to try to lose those extra 7 lbs, but I didn't go crazy over it. Fast forward to a few years later ... I was struggling with grad school and depression (and yes, the two were connected). I started drinking a beer on my way home from school every day (yay LIRR) and eating to cope with the stress. I was still exercising a few times a week (that was a nice combination of school treadmills and peer pressure because half my class went to the gym at the same time), but it wasn't enough. The weight was starting to come back on. After I made the decision to leave school, my doctor decided to take me off the ADD medication, and I was still eating like I was on the medication, so ... more weight gain. There was a point where I was over 150 lbs for the first time in my life.
Over the past 5-6 years I've been trying to get back to 127 lbs. I made it to 137 lbs last year, but I've gained a lot of that back. I'm pretty close to 150 right now, which is kinda depressing for me. I had really hoped never to see a number that high again, and being close is pretty frustrating.

As for my healthy and not-so-healthy habits...
I'm a stress-eater, which is not a good thing, because I'm under a bit of stress these days. My work situation is a little unstable right now (as in ... I've been unemployed for a while), and while I'm looking for a full-time position, I'm doing a little bit of freelance graphic design work, which I mostly do from home. And since I live with 4 other people (2 parents, one sister, one brother), none of whom are as into the healthy eating as I am, there's a lot of food around, and a decent chunk of it is junk food. (Although some of that is my fault ... the jelly bellys are mine because I like to have them when I run). I definitely eat too much and eat a lot of the wrong things. I do like healthy food (seriously, salad is the best ... lots of lettuce, a crapload of veggies, and just a hint of dressing ... yum!), but I also like some very unhealthy food, and finding a balance has been hard.
Like a few other people on this thread, I am a runDisney runner. I've done 2 5Ks and a 10K, and I'm trying to figure out if/when I can do my first half marathon. My biggest problem is that I eat like a runner ... aka too much. If I burned 300 calories on a short run, then I get to eat an extra 500 calories, right?? One thing I definitely need to work on is how I eat on run days. I try to tell myself that I will only eat half of what I burn on a run, but ... it doesn't always work. I also need to work on more consistent non-running exercise, because I know that running three times per week is not enough.

I'll get more into this later, but after struggling trying to do everything in January and February, I'm going "back to basics" this month and focusing on one thing at a time. I'm doing okay with consistently running, but there are other things that I'm struggling with, so my goal for the next few months is to take things one step at a time and slowly focus on eat healthy habit I want to incorporate, and not add something new to my routine until I've gotten what I'm already doing under control. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to bring everything together, but for now, I'm just trying to take baby steps.

Hey all! Totally forgot to come over here this morning and "save my seat"! Excited to make some real progress in March.... especially now that this Fitbit (and the challenges that DD keeps throwing my way) is making me MOVE! Time to make some food changes as well.....not sure what that will look like, exactly. But obviously something needs to change! Hoping to MARCH my way back to goal though! ..............P

Wowza.... this looks like a great thread! Love the idea of the Sum it up Sunday!! I know many of us struggle to keep some control over the weekends, so having this in place so that we KNOW come Sunday evening we will be reflecting back on the previous 48 hours is great! And I cannot wait for the weekly challenges! We had a WISH board friend who was GREAT about issuing challenges and it really helped.... I have missed them!

I'll BBL to introduce myself.... although I find it hard to believe that after 10+ years on the Dis and 8 years on the WISH boards that there is ANYONE who doesn't know me! :rolleyes: .................P

I'm grabbing my slot. Hello all, I'm Ashley 34 amd 215 lbs. my goal for March is 210' so 5 lbs. I plan on being more active this month because February was kind of a bust. I hurt my foot last week but hope to get back to exercising tomorrow or Tuesday with some light stretching.

Hi there! Nice to meet you! Hope your foot heals quickly!

Hi! I've participated in the Jan & Feb challenges, so looking forward to a new month! My goal last month might have been a bit bold for me at 10 lbs, so this month my goal will be to loose an additional 5 lbs. And workout at least 5 days a week!

So glad you are back with us for March!!

Thanks for hosting Sarah. I will be in, and I am committed to making March my best month yet for these challenges. No excuses for me this month!

Wooohoo.... back again I see! That's great!

I'm in! February was a little rough but I have to get my butt in gear for the SW Dark Side Half. Starting at 187, Goal: 177.

ali

Hey there! Happy to have you with us!!

Me and my currently useless feet are here!!! I'm sure this is going to be a great month!

Sorry your feet are feeling useless, but you have a good excuse! So glad to have you here with us again!

Loving this theme, @SarahDisney. I'm jumping back in for March and hopefully will do better about being around. I kind of disappeared from the February challenge. Now that the weather is hopefully warming up for good, I have high hopes/plans to increase my daily activity. I'm also working on getting better at balancing things in my work-from-home life, which I know has impacted my progress over the last two months. Lots of learning moments and frustration have led to a "screw the healthy living, I just want to eat" mentality. The cold also played a huge factor in that. I'm definitely looking forward to warmth, sunshine, fruit, and water.

I'm on MFP (I haven't been using it so I'd need to look up my name) and Fitbit (thelegetts@gmail.com), and on Instagram I'm @megan.s.legett and @craftiest_place_on_earth. That one gets the most use; the @megan.s.legett one is primarily pictures of my dog.

Do NOT disappear again! I'm not going to let that happen! I love seeing your smiling face here! I think that DD and I can totally relate to your "I just want to eat" mentality as we have both been day dreaming about eating an entire container of _____________ (frosting for DD.... cheesecake filling for me)! :eek:

Hi everyone - I'm back in it for the month. Happy that @SarahDisney has lots of fun things planned for the month. :D

Goal and process TBD. Maybe that'll be QOTD #1! Who knows.

Like @flvy - I ran a half marathon today and I'm a bit exhausted.

YIKES! I'd be tired too..... I'd probably be nearly dead! So glad you are here with us!

I am in and thank you @SarahDisney for running it. I am going to set another km goal this month of 60k. This is just workout distance not everyday distance. Hit it right on for February and it was keeping me moving so I am going for it again.

What a great goal!! And congrats on hitting it on the head last month! Glad you are here with us for March!

Thanks for hosting @SarahDisney, I'm looking forward to the March challenge - count me in. I really enjoyed participating in February's, so I have high hopes for March and it's warmer weather.

I'm on MFP and would be happy to add more friends, my name is different than here: wagnerpe123

Another friend returning for March!! So glad you are still here with us!

I am signing up for the month! Thank you so much @SarahDisney for hosting March! It looks like it is going to be a wonderful thread!! The new weekly challenges sound very interesting!

SOOOO happy you are returning for March! You were missed in February!!

I'm in for this month as well! I was focusing on exercise the past two months, but since I am seeing scale results based on food and MFP tracking (because my lazy self has been falling off the work-out wagon towards then end of the month!), I think I will be using pounds as my goal this month. We will see. I'll post final decision later.

I'm on MFP (pmryan55) and Insta as well (p.ryan55) so feel free to add me to see pictures of my cat and Disney haha!

Thanks @SarahDisney for hosting-- I'm looking forward to a marvelous March!!!

Love that we have so many who Instagram their pets! I love my kitty but I'm far too busy Instagramming my FOOD!!:rotfl:

Hi! I am Stephanie. This will be my first Challege. I am 36 and 147 pounds. For my goal I would like to lose a pound a week. Last year I lost 9 pounds in 4 months and was in a car accident and hurt my back. I wasn't able to work out for a few months and gained it all back plus a few pounds. I started in January losing weight again but got side tracked with a death in the family. So know I am ready to get back on track and lose some of this weight so I can fit back into my clothes better.

WELCOME !! Glad to have you here with us... praying your back is completely healed! Sorry for your loss.

We will be glad to chat with you whenever you can make it here! You would be missed if you weren't participating! But NO WORRIES.... just be here when you can!!

Hi I am Sam! I am 30 and I weigh 178 pounds. For my goal this month I would like to loose 6 pounds. I have recently started working out and now I am trying to get my eating under control.

Hi Sam! Nice to meet you!! Six pounds to lose sounds like a great plan for March!!

Me too (the bolded part)! So glad to hear so much about you!! I'm with you.... ready to BRING ON MARCH!

I'm back for another month.

I'll wait until tomorrow to post my goal(s) for March, but I really liked how last months thread kept me motivated and I'm ready for another successful month!

So happy to have you here with us for March! You did GREAT in February!!

Hello all, I'm Lizanne... I joined the group mid-February and just this morning reached Feb my goal of landing in one-derland, weighing in at 199.1 pounds. I joined WW at the beginning of the year, and the program is really working for me... and the extra support found here is just icing on the cake... low fat calorie free icing :).

I had a goal of 196 pounds by Easter, but I'm going to up that a little bit and make 194 my March-to-it goal: plus to walk 125 miles.

I'm on Instagram: Popperfisk
And I have a FitBit: Popperfisk@gmail.com

DOUBLE woohoo on hitting ONDERLAND for the end of February!! I see a WONDERFUL March in your future!!

You are definitely WELCOME BACK! Glad you are here with us again! HUGE congrats to your DD on taking off the college wait and keeping it off! That is a big accomplishment! Love your achievable goal for the month!

Okay..... I think I hit everyone!! Just one last WELCOME BACK and super thank you to SARAHDISNEY for hostessing March for us! It is shaping up to be a GREAT month and a wonderful challenge!! ............P

Hey all! Totally forgot to come over here this morning and "save my seat"! Excited to make some real progress in March.... especially now that this Fitbit (and the challenges that DD keeps throwing my way) is making me MOVE! Time to make some food changes as well.....not sure what that will look like, exactly. But obviously something needs to change! Hoping to MARCH my way back to goal though! ..............P

I am in for March but I will get back tomorrow.

Yay! I'm so glad to have both of you here this month!

I hope we're all excited for the challenge to start tomorrow!!

Wow this thread is really moving along already!

Save me a spot - I'm coming back again. I found you all really helpful in starting my journey to be healthier in 2016. Funny how I am getting support from a bunch of people on the other side of the Pacific Ocean - must be our combined love of Disney that helps ;) For those that are new this month I am joining in from Australia - I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland a very spectacular place to live. It was the last day of summer yesterday but we have fairly mild winters here so I am going to try and keep up my paddling/beach workouts going as long as I can stand the water temperature.

I'm 43 and solo mum to 3 fantastic kids DS 15, DS12 and DD 12 - that's right twins. As a kid and in my early years I was thin and could eat anything - while I was active to a point I never really exercised per se or needed to ..... fast forward the years and this would eventually bite me in the butt. I had a little trouble losing weight after my first baby and joined Jenny Craig for help then. After the twins I lost it pretty fast but then with relationships breakdown stress, I lost for a while but then started comfort eating when alone after the kids were in bed at night. I went to university so that I could better look after us all financially - more eating with late night study and assignments. I have struggled at times with anxiety and depression (more eating and lots of sleeping).

I have been on a long journey of healing - I'll bet you can all guess what really helped me - Disneyland! When I went to university I set a goal that once I graduated and got full time employment I was going to save, save, save and take my kids to Disneyland as our reward for getting through the hard times (still a work in progress but getting there). The kids and I planned and sacrificed and on a hot September 2014 morning we arrived in LA. Being Aussies we can get a special 10 day pass for DL we spent 9 and half days in DL and we loved every minute of it. We spent the rest of our time in LA split between Hollywood and Santa Monica to see the sights - we had 3 weeks all up. This was such a family bonding, health restoring trip for me - it is just so hard to explain it was magical - but I think you will understand being the Disney lovers we all are.

I kept wanting to lose weight before the trip and you would think the idea of pictures would be a huge one - I did manage to drop 5kg but I have since put that back on and a lot more. I really need to get healthy to be a better example for the kids - so that it is not just do as I say but not as I do anymore. Plus I want to have a long life as I am it for them and they need me.

I haven't fully decided if I am going with a weight or movement goal for this month yet so I will be back later.

Wow - I didn't intend for that to be so big of an introduction :oops:

I am on MFP - I just kept the name 4Mickeys - it seemed easier.

Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 1st:

Thank you for joining us this month as we MARCH our way to a healthier lifestyle.
This month we’ll be enjoying our favorite Disney parades as we march through the month discussing goals, exercise, healthy eating, general health and wellness, and many topics in between.

Each week we’ll feature a current Disney parade, with weekends featuring retired or special occasion parades. Please feel free to share any and all parade pictures you may have – we all know that you can never have too many Disney parade pictures!

Since I’m in charge, we’ll be starting off with my favorite Disney parade, the Main Street Electrical Parade:

tink1011_large.jpg

The Main Street Electrical Parade, which started at Disneyland in1972 and debuted at Magic Kingdom in 1977, has been through several incarnations. The currently incarnation began at Magic Kingdom in June 2010, and it features floats and live performers covered in thousands of electronically controlled lights and a soundtrack featuring the song "Baroque Hoedown." The parade shows several nights per week (and every night during “busier” seasons), with some nights having multiple showings.

Just like that Tinkerbell float signals the start of the parade, so too a discussion of our goals for the month signals the start of a new monthly challenge. So let’s start this month off discussing a tried and true topic – what we want to accomplish in the month of March.

What is your goal for the month of March?
What is your plan to meet that goal?
What obstacles will stand in your way this month? How do you plan to overcome those obstacles?

It's officially March! I'll be back later to share my answer to the QOTD (I've got a run scheduled and then a Target run, so it's a busy morning), but I'm excited to see what goal(s) everyone has chosen for the month and how we all plan to reach those goals!

Good morning! I have exactly 1 minute to say hello and get moving, so that I what I am doing! Probably won't have time to come back on and answer the QOTD until after my WW meeting tonight! Sorry.... I should have planned my morning better! TTYL..............P

Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 1st:

Thank you for joining us this month as we MARCH our way to a healthier lifestyle.
This month we’ll be enjoying our favorite Disney parades as we march through the month discussing goals, exercise, healthy eating, general health and wellness, and many topics in between.

Each week we’ll feature a current Disney parade, with weekends featuring retired or special occasion parades. Please feel free to share any and all parade pictures you may have – we all know that you can never have too many Disney parade pictures!

Since I’m in charge, we’ll be starting off with my favorite Disney parade, the Main Street Electrical Parade:

tink1011_large.jpg

The Main Street Electrical Parade, which started at Disneyland in1972 and debuted at Magic Kingdom in 1977, has been through several incarnations. The currently incarnation began at Magic Kingdom in June 2010, and it features floats and live performers covered in thousands of electronically controlled lights and a soundtrack featuring the song "Baroque Hoedown." The parade shows several nights per week (and every night during “busier” seasons), with some nights having multiple showings.

Just like that Tinkerbell float signals the start of the parade, so too a discussion of our goals for the month signals the start of a new monthly challenge. So let’s start this month off discussing a tried and true topic – what we want to accomplish in the month of March.

What obstacles will stand in your way this month? How do you plan to overcome those obstacles?

Good morning!

My goal for the month of March is to lose 5 lbs (so 213 down to 208), I mean it'd be fabulous if I could get to "One-Derland" but that might be a bit too much to chew off! Last month my goal was to lose 10 and that just did not happen, so I don't want the disappointment this month and I think 5lbs is not an outrageous goal at all! I will also plan on working out 5 days a week for at least a half hour. I have a stationary bike in my living room or I enjoy going to trampoline park fitness classes (which run an hour long and KICK MY BUTT!). My eating has been on point (pat on the back) pretty much since the beginning, so I hope to continue that trend through March with a few cheat meals thrown in there to keep my sanity!

I would say that next weekend when my sister comes to stay with me would be an obstacle (as we generally go out to eat a lot) but she is actually excited to come visit with me so I can show her how to cook healthy (her own words!). She's a vegetarian, so it'll be interesting for myself to find some delicious vegetarian recipes, but we can definitely learn together (I love me some meat)!

Have a good day all!

Ok I think I have my goal - its a breakfast goal. On MFP in the last week there was an article for low calorie breakfast options, looking at my food logging while I am mostly making healthier food choices some of those are still high in calories I was surprised when I entered scrambled eggs the other day. So my goal is to have a low calorie/kj breakfast 5 mornings a week.

My plan to meet the goal is to plan ahead more and make sure I have shopped for ingredients. To use the MFP archives, google, recipe books and any ideas from you guys for sourcing breakfast ideas.

Obstacles will be if they are not satisfying/filling enough to keep me going through the morning without wanting something more. Getting disorganised as I often do and not have the food in the house resorting to quick options. Preparation time due to me now getting up to do some before work exercise. I will hopefully overcome by choosing recipes that look appealing but have filling ingredients, plan and shop, pre-prep the night before or a few days ahead where possible to help with time. Keep tracking my progress with MFP and sharing my ups and downs with you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter