Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

SarahDisney

So ... Yeah
MARCHING OUR WAY TO A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
March 2016 WISH Challenge

DisneyParksblog_parade_4.jpg

Hello and :welcome: to this month’s WISH Challenge.
I’m Sarah (also occasionally known as @SarahDisney), and I’ll be your hostess for this month’s challenge. I hope you’ll all join us as we March our way to a healthier lifestyle, using Disney Parades as our guide!​

Congrats to everyone who joined us for the February challenge. I know we all appreciate Wall-E, Eve, and @courtneybeth ’s leadership, and I hope everyone who participated enjoyed that challenge! But February is over, and now it’s time to MARCH into a new month.

This challenge officially starts on March 1st, but if you find us later in the month, we’re still happy to have you join!

Our returning faces know the drill, but for those of you who are new to the WISH Challenge, here’s a short overview of what we’re all about:

WISH stands for “We’re Inspired to Stay Healthy,” and that’s what we’re all about – living a healthy lifestyle. Whether you’re trying to lose some weight, trying to maintain your current weight, or trying to introduce some new healthy habits into your life (or stick to healthy habits you’ve already introduced), we’re here to help and support you.

All you have to do is pick a goal for the month, and report in once a week to let us know how you’re doing. We’ll also have questions of the day, WooHoo Wednesdays, and weekly challenges … and we’re always here to chat, support you when you need some help, and celebrate with you when you’re doing awesome! We’ll have questions of the day to talk about, weekly challenges, and some other fun things going on … but all of that is optional. The only mandatory thing is committing to a healthy lifestyle, and letting us help you along the way!

IMG_0047.JPG

Some extra details:
Reporting In: Progress updates will be posted every Monday (3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28), as well as a final progress report after the month ends . To be included in the progress update, all you have to do is report your percentage towards your goal, either here on the thread or via private message (just click my name and click “Start Conversation”). For example, if your goal is to lose 4 lbs and you’ve lost 2, just let me know somehow that you’re at 50%, and I’ll include you in the progress report. Many people here weigh-in over the weekend, but if you weigh-in during the week, that’s fine – use your normal weigh-in or reporting day (because not everyone tracks weight as their goal), and I’ll just include it on the next progress update. If you have any questions, feel free to ask – we’re a friendly group and people are always happy to answer your questions.

Question of the Day: Each day Monday through Thursday we’ll have a question of the day posted to spark a discussion and hopefully help you in your healthy journey. Questions can range from sharing your goals to questions intended to make you reflect on your journey and what it means to you. Feel free to answer all of the questions or just the ones that appeal to you most – participation in the QOTDs is totally optional, but we’re happy to read anything you have to say. We’ll also have “Wildcard Weekend” starting on Fridays, which is a random topic of discussion for the weekend … could be health-related, could be Disney … you won’t know until you see it! On Sunday afternoons we’ll have “Summing it Up Sunday,” a way to reflect on our week and reinforce the lessons we’ve learned over the past 7 days.

Weekly Challenges: We’re also introducing something new this month – weekly challenges! Every Friday I’ll post a challenge, and you’ll have until the following Thursday to answer the challenge. Challenges are about sharing with your fellow participants and bringing everyone closer to your favorite parts of living a healthy lifestyle. Challenges will hopefully allow us to share what we are most passionate about and introduce that to our friends in a way that helps them live a healthier lifestyle.

Please, pull up a chair, say hi, and join us for this month's challenge! We hope to have a great time working together to reach our goals!

FoFp2-Neeley.jpg

This month we’ll PLAN to March our way to a healthier life, and share our progress along the way. Making the decision to life a healthier life may be a challenge, but participating in this challenge is easy. Just pick a goal, create a plan, and share your progress once a month.

In our weekly progress updates, you’ll get to see the color of your name change as you make progress towards your goal!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL
1% -10%
11% - 20%

21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%
100% OR MORE!

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan, and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message every weekend. Send in your progress report any time before 5 AM (Disney World time) on Monday morning, and I’ll try to post the progress report every Monday morning (life permitting).

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals – please share all progress with us, even if it won’t end up in the progress update!

PROGRESS UPDATES:
Week 1 – Monday, March 7th
Week 2 – Monday, March 14th
Week 3 – Monday, March 21st
Week 4 – Monday, March 28th
Final Progress Report

Last edited:
Challenge Participants
Current Participants:
Sarah (@SarahDisney)
Ashley (@MochaDrinker)
@chasingthtdream08
@DVCFan1994
Ali (@pinklmaonade)
@flvy
@JacknSally
@courtneybeth
@5xdisneyfans
@mamattorney
@Flossbolna
@Lady Marie
Stephanie (@piglet1979)
@dsnyfn1022
Sam (@dylans mommy)
@Dr Gunnie
Lizanne (@Oneanne)
@CruisingKate
@pjlla
@donac
@4Mickeys
Maggie (@DisPup75)
@ski_mom
Savannah (@runner_princess)
@4HOLIDAYS

Amanda (@PoohBelle)
@BernardandMissBianca
Michelle (@bigsis1970)
Lindsey (@LindseyJo22)
@runsandjumps
@ImpossibleOfMe
@Kiren
@tortilla24
@Swilcox
@verleniahall

Future Hosts:
April 2016: @pjlla
May 2016: @DisPup75
June 2016: @Flossbolna
July - December 2016: Your Name Could Be Here! Volunteers needed!!

Keeping Up With Your Fellow Participants:
Many of us use MyFitnessPal to track our food and exercise. If you’re a MFP user, please feel free to share your username so that we can all be friends and help support each other!
We also like to keep track of each other on social media – many of us are on Instagram, so please share your Instagram username if you want us to see the awesome pictures you share there!

MFP Usernames:
@SarahDisney – SarahLovesTink
@mamattorney - wagnerpe123
@Lady Marie - pmryan55
@4Mickeys - 4Mickeys
@chasingthtdream08 - chasingthatdream08
@courtneybeth - courtney_beth
@Kiren - Keireina
@chasingthtdream08 - chasingthatdream08

Instagram Usernames:
@SarahDisney - slkworks
@JacknSally - megan.s.legett and craftiest_place_on_earth
@flvy - flyawaymari
@Lady Marie - p.ryan55
@Oneanne - Popperfisk
@courtneybeth - courtneybeth83
@tortilla24 - justrynabehealthy
@Kiren - Keireina_Kireno

Last edited:

Hey guys! Welcome to the March Challenge! I'm your host, Sarah.
I'll be back later to introduce myself (I'll admit it up front - that's my least favorite part of the challenge), but for now ... please feel free to stop in, say hi, and start preparing for the challenge, which officially starts at 12:01 AM (your local time) on Tuesday, March 1st!

Loving this theme, @SarahDisney. I'm jumping back in for March and hopefully will do better about being around. I kind of disappeared from the February challenge. Now that the weather is hopefully warming up for good, I have high hopes/plans to increase my daily activity. I'm also working on getting better at balancing things in my work-from-home life, which I know has impacted my progress over the last two months. Lots of learning moments and frustration have led to a "screw the healthy living, I just want to eat" mentality. The cold also played a huge factor in that. I'm definitely looking forward to warmth, sunshine, fruit, and water.

I'm on MFP (I haven't been using it so I'd need to look up my name) and Fitbit (thelegetts@gmail.com), and on Instagram I'm @megan.s.legett and @craftiest_place_on_earth. That one gets the most use; the @megan.s.legett one is primarily pictures of my dog.

I'm grabbing my slot. Hello all, I'm Ashley 34 amd 215 lbs. my goal for March is 210' so 5 lbs. I plan on being more active this month because February was kind of a bust. I hurt my foot last week but hope to get back to exercising tomorrow or Tuesday with some light stretching.

Hi! I've participated in the Jan & Feb challenges, so looking forward to a new month! My goal last month might have been a bit bold for me at 10 lbs, so this month my goal will be to loose an additional 5 lbs. And workout at least 5 days a week!

Thanks for hosting Sarah. I will be in, and I am committed to making March my best month yet for these challenges. No excuses for me this month!

I'm in! February was a little rough but I have to get my butt in gear for the SW Dark Side Half. Starting at 187, Goal: 177.

ali

Me and my currently useless feet are here!!! I'm sure this is going to be a great month!

Loving this theme, @SarahDisney. I'm jumping back in for March and hopefully will do better about being around. I kind of disappeared from the February challenge. Now that the weather is hopefully warming up for good, I have high hopes/plans to increase my daily activity. I'm also working on getting better at balancing things in my work-from-home life, which I know has impacted my progress over the last two months. Lots of learning moments and frustration have led to a "screw the healthy living, I just want to eat" mentality. The cold also played a huge factor in that. I'm definitely looking forward to warmth, sunshine, fruit, and water.

Hi everyone - I'm back in it for the month. Happy that @SarahDisney has lots of fun things planned for the month. :D

Goal and process TBD. Maybe that'll be QOTD #1! Who knows.

Like @flvy - I ran a half marathon today and I'm a bit exhausted.

I am in and thank you @SarahDisney for running it. I am going to set another km goal this month of 60k. This is just workout distance not everyday distance. Hit it right on for February and it was keeping me moving so I am going for it again.

Thanks for hosting @SarahDisney, I'm looking forward to the March challenge - count me in. I really enjoyed participating in February's, so I have high hopes for March and it's warmer weather.

I'm on MFP and would be happy to add more friends, my name is different than here: wagnerpe123

I'm so glad to see so many returning faces! I think we're all going to have an awesome month ... as long as we're willing to work for it! I know several of us (I'm including myself in that one) struggled in February, and I'm hoping the new month, new approach, and hopefully some new circumstances (like better weather for some of us) will get us back on track.

I'm looking forward to starting to work together to reach our goals, and I'm hoping we can all use some Disney inspiration to MARCH our way to better health!

And of course, congrats to our recent half marathon finishers, @flvy and @courtneybeth! You guys are such an inspiration! (Especially for someone like me, who is still trying to work up to that distance)

I'm in for this month as well! I was focusing on exercise the past two months, but since I am seeing scale results based on food and MFP tracking (because my lazy self has been falling off the work-out wagon towards then end of the month!), I think I will be using pounds as my goal this month. We will see. I'll post final decision later.

I'm on MFP (pmryan55) and Insta as well (p.ryan55) so feel free to add me to see pictures of my cat and Disney haha!

Thanks @SarahDisney for hosting-- I'm looking forward to a marvelous March!!!

I think it is time for me to sign up for hosting again. Sarah, you can add me as hostess for June! I was a bit tired of hosting, but we have found so many wonderful new members over the last year that have done such a marvelous job at hosting that I am very motivated to give it a go again!! Hopefully it will give me a boost in energy for my weight loss, too!!

Hi! I am Stephanie. This will be my first Challege. I am 36 and 147 pounds. For my goal I would like to lose a pound a week. Last year I lost 9 pounds in 4 months and was in a car accident and hurt my back. I wasn't able to work out for a few months and gained it all back plus a few pounds. I started in January losing weight again but got side tracked with a death in the family. So know I am ready to get back on track and lose some of this weight so I can fit back into my clothes better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter