March Scrapping Challenge

pjlla

DIS Veteran
Hi all.... looks like I was the winner for February, so I am starting the thread for the March challenge. On your mark, get set, SCRAP!!! ....P

Congrats on winning Pjlla!! I am definatly in for March and darn it all I AM going to finish my wedding book :teeth:

I'm on the board with 7 pages already. OK, they were easy pages, 8 X 11 portrait pictures that I just matted once on cardstock and then adhered them to printed paper. Then I wrote the name of the person and the year the pic was taken. Feel like I cheated a little but they are completed pages. Took me less than 1/2 hour. Had the paper picked out before I started so it was jus the work time. Doubt I will get much done for the next few weeks as we are on our way to WDW on Thursday.

I'm in with two pages. I was sick today and didn't go to work. In between naps, I scrapped a little!

:worship: PJLLA - great job!
:sad: not fair WDW mom
and now I am off to finish this two page spread before I go to bed :dancer: "she bangs, she bangs' (ok not really I have a silent setter but I couldn't resist...)

Ok, so my Navigator scrap totey is in the car, it has been traveling with me all week. You see technically this is our Spring Break week but we aren't automatically off (that is a whole different, long, and depressing story) so I was hoping to use some of this down time without classes, etc to get a few pages done. The only problem is our Executive Director who is hardly ever on this campus because he has responsibilities around the region has been here every stinking day!

Well maybe he'll disappear this afternoon or tomorrow.

Deb

cobbler said:
Brat

Double brat :p ;)

Have fun on your trip and eat a :mickeybar for me :wave2:

No :mickeybar for you since you called me a name. And the "B" word, as my children call it. Shame on you cobbler. Anyway, you're out of luck, I don't like :mickeybar . But I do like ice cream sandwiches, so if you're nice to me today, I'll eat one of those for you everyday. :earsgirl:

Well, I did 0 for Jan, 1 for Feb, I think 2 for March is very doable. 100% increase in productivity looks good on paper.

I'm going to get my stuff together tonight to make sure I don't have to print pictures before I go. I'm going to cross my fingers for a productive crop Sunday!

WDWMom - Oooooooh. Ice cream sandwiches. Regular or the cc cookie kind? If Cobbler's stil being mean today, you can have some for me! ;)

Deb - Working over Spring Break? Not bad enough you're here in snowville, but you've got to work when there are no students???

wtpclc said:
WDWMom - Oooooooh. Ice cream sandwiches. Regular or the cc cookie kind? If Cobbler's stil being mean today, you can have some for me! ;)

The Chocolte chip shaped in Michey heads are the best. SInce you didn't call me a name, I'll have a few for you. :banana: :banana:

It will be hard sacrifice, but I guess I'll try. :earsgirl:

Yep Carrie - that is right. About 18 months ago full time faculty/dept chairs were "renamed" to be Dept. Coordinators. Ok, I can live with that. It lessens the confusion with Division Chairs who are university wide, while we're "just" responsible at the campus level.

The crummy part is at the same time they reclassed us from faculty to staff! That means we are bound under the same time off rules as the rest of the world. We are "granted" X number of days per year called PTO days for everything from illness to vacation (bereavement is still separate). I have a grand total of 35. Sounds like a lot but it isn't in reality. So unless we use days we're here.

It gets better, that includes Christmas break and SUMMER! There was a reason I went into higher ed....and it wasn't to work the same sort of schedule I did in corporate America!

Ok, I'm done now, having taken this thread WAY OFF TRACK!

Deb

WDWMom - Yum! I can taste them already. I wish you weather nice enough that you have ot eat them somewhat quickly before they melt! Hard for me to even imagine right now.

Deb - While I do have way less PTO days and only 6 holidays to add to that, it still seems wrong to make instructors be on campus when there are no students! :sad2:

Back to the challenge....

WDWMom said:
No :mickeybar for you since you called me a name. And the "B" word, as my children call it. Shame on you cobbler. Anyway, you're out of luck, I don't like :mickeybar . But I do like ice cream sandwiches, so if you're nice to me today, I'll eat one of those for you everyday. :earsgirl:

I was being nice, didn't you see the :p and the ;) icon?? :rotfl:

I like :mickeybar YUM!!!

Well I managed to sneak away to another part of the building for a few hours this afternoon and finished 6 pages.

Deb

Tonight was scrapbooking night.... I did 5 :cheer2: :teeth: ... I'm only on Christmas... I'm so far behind... Plus my birthday album is about 7 or 8 years out of date... I've got alot to scrap this month :)

Only on christmas -
I still haven't scrapped a few christmases from the mid-ninties!!!!!

I did manage to finish those other pages and start another set so I am up to 4 with another 2 that will be done by noon ( even if I don't get to shower til Matt's in school this afternoon!)

I feel pretty good that I am doing our trip over the Christmas holidays in my son's book. Since he is graduating next year (June '06) I have this compulsion to get him "up to date"....well, ok at least his High School stuff! I'll probably be a grandmother :earseek: before I have totally scrapped back to babyhood! And of course DD is right behind him and I haven't got anything of her's done except for her Girl Scout books. Mid-nineties? I wish! Try back to early 80s if I'm going back "only" to our wedding!

Deb

So far I've done 3 pages. Hoping to scrap tonight while the husband is out playing cards. My goal this month is to finish our disney trip from 2001.

Has anyone done a 4-page layout? My neighbor does them and said she would help me done one w/ all of the character pictures we took at the MK.
Now to come up with a title. :confused3 I'm open to any suggestions.

Missy
:flower:

5wdwnutz -

Are you referring to the type of page that folds out when you say a 4 page layout? This is a page protector that has a "second" page attached on the right hand side and folds inward. When fully open you see 3 12 x 12 pages across and when it is folded in the "back" of that 3rd page becomes the opposite of the left hand side. Wow! That sounds really complicated but it really isn't.

If that is what you mean - yes, I've done a number of those. They aren't that tough you just have to keep in mind which page will be next to each other in the various stages of "open" and which is the actual back side.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter